Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Quick question regarding the required meals on Christmas Eve and NYE....

If you are checking out on 12/24... is it safe to assume you won't be required to eat that meal? I assume the requirement for the meal is only for overnight guests on those nights?
yup
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:07 am

The link in the wiki for the beverage menu says that you need permission to see it. How do you get permission?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:25 pm

Are we allowed to visit Alba for breakfast twice?(as in, be seated twice at different times). We’re early risers so we’d probably go at 7am for a quick breakfast and would want to go back around 10 for a more substantial breakfast/early lunch. We don’t have platinum status so we’d be paying for breakfast but wouldn’t want to pay twice per day.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jcave114
Are we allowed to visit Alba for breakfast twice?(as in, be seated twice at different times). We’re early risers so we’d probably go at 7am for a quick breakfast and would want to go back around 10 for a more substantial breakfast/early lunch. We don’t have platinum status so we’d be paying for breakfast but wouldn’t want to pay twice per day.
You'd most likely be charged twice.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
How is WiFi coverage at the property? I have a cellphone plan with international roaming in almost all countries, but the Maldives aren’t on the list...
I found excellent coverage everywhere.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:59 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Dear all,
I tried searching for a three-night stay to get rid of some certificates, my local fee jumped to 2700USD. Is that normal?
TIA
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Dominicus
Dear all,
I tried searching for a three-night stay to get rid of some certificates, my local fee jumped to 2700USD. Is that normal?
TIA
How many people are you? The seaplane goes in to local fees.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:01 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
I put 2 people for 3 night stay, it came out at almost 2700 USD. When i put 4 night, its down to 1490USD.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dominicus
I put 2 people for 3 night stay, it came out at almost 2700 USD. When i put 4 night, its down to 1490USD.
The 1490 is the seaplane. Not sure why it would jump to 2700 for 3 nights only.

The 24th and 31st of December have compulsory dinners, but I don't know if they go to local fees. If the rate in flexible, you can always book, reach out to the hotel and ask, either it is a bug, or some event and you can move to another timing to avoid.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:07 am

Sounds like a warm pool (Sunset villa) is more preferred than a St Regis Suite that could have a cold pool (non-sunset facing ...which 7/8 of the suites are)
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Dn10
Sounds like a warm pool (Sunset villa) is more preferred than a St Regis Suite that could have a cold pool (non-sunset facing ...which 7/8 of the suites are)
Unless you need the extra space I would agree. Warm pool and the guaranteed sunset view are hard to beat.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, Bonvoy Plt, Hyatt Globalist
Reef

Does anyone have opinions on the current state of the reef and wildlife? I’m still deciding between the W and the StR. The StR actually works out to be $1000 cheaper for 3 nights (because of upgrade fees at the W), but I’m worried about the lack of sea-life.

Is it a deal breaker?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by iazflyer
Does anyone have opinions on the current state of the reef and wildlife? I’m still deciding between the W and the StR.
Last spring we had both booked but decided to go to W. Reef was awesome, lots of turtles and rays and more corals alive and sealife than at Conrad the previous year. Never went to StR so can’t compare to that, but W reef was the deciding factor for us, and it did not dissappoint.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, Bonvoy Plt, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by _fly_
Last spring we had both booked but decided to go to W. Reef was awesome, lots of turtles and rays and more corals alive and sealife than at Conrad the previous year. Never went to StR so can’t compare to that, but W reef was the deciding factor for us, and it did not dissappoint.
And, you were happy with the Service and the hard product at the W?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Stayed at St. Regis last october.

quite impressed with marine life (lot of colorful fishes, rays, etc.) but not many coral reef spotted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.