Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Jinkyu Im
Hm I see, like you guys said I'll contact them and see if I can get anything out of it. They seemed pretty quick at replying before, I guess it's a busy season rn.
Let us know how fast they reply now. For me nothing yet.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
.................Point didn't post correctly. Both Stay Add Marriott agent, as well as two Ambassadors, claim folio charge is in MVR. Hence, my qualifying spend is only $160............
Lurker came to my rescue. My folio was re-posted as USD. All is well.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dn10
People here probably know the property a lot better than I do but it looks like that 2 bed private pool is pretty small. But suppose you have the whole ocean to swim in and its a better deal
That's right -- a downside of the 2BR is that the pool is quite small. If you don't need the extra bedroom space (i.e. you are only 2 adults) I don't see the point of the additional space.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dn10
People here probably know the property a lot better than I do but it looks like that 2 bed private pool is pretty small. But suppose you have the whole ocean to swim in and its a better deal
Its tiny compared to the other ones. You can swim the in the OWB ones if you want but this one is more like a big bath. Room size is huge though.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Its tiny compared to the other ones. You can swim the in the OWB ones if you want but this one is more like a big bath. Room size is huge though.
For those who have been in the 2br, is the downstairs bedroom (the master I think) separated by a door from the living room/sofabed and stairs leading upstairs? We're likely heading back-- would be our 3rd visit, once with kids/nanny, once just 2 of us. When we brought the family before, we had kid/nanny in a garden villa. My wife and I have only stayed OWV. Debating whether to put everyone (wife, me, nanny, and 5 + 2yo kids) together in a 2br or split us up again. I don't have a strong preference, but only want to room together if there's plenty of privacy (ie, my wife and I can sleep late). Also, anyone have a strong preference for 2br Beach vs 2br OW? They look to be the same layout, with one OW?

Last edited by ps9a; Dec 18, 2019 at 10:48 am
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
What’s the email address for the hotel?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond, Bonvoy - Ambassador
I can't speak to the level of privacy but the 2 bedroom OWV and BVs are basically exactly the same with the OWV ones just being 10 feet further into the water than the BVs.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Whats the email address for the hotel?
[email protected]

I received a response this morning around 2 days after I had emailed so it seems like it's a busy time now.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Let us know how fast they reply now. For me nothing yet.
same, I just heard back from them this morning after 2 days
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
same, I just heard back from them this morning after 2 days
Did they offer anything as a result of the rates changing?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by MrM2016
Did they offer anything as a result of the rates changing?
They emailed be back saying that they dont see the redemption rate that in seeing, and asked me to email them a screenshot.
Date is 5/5-5/10 2020, I'm seeing 340k+$125 or 365k in points for OWV
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ps9a
For those who have been in the 2br, is the downstairs bedroom (the master I think) separated by a door from the living room/sofabed and stairs leading upstairs? We're likely heading back-- would be our 3rd visit, once with kids/nanny, once just 2 of us. When we brought the family before, we had kid/nanny in a garden villa. My wife and I have only stayed OWV. Debating whether to put everyone (wife, me, nanny, and 5 + 2yo kids) together in a 2br or split us up again. I don't have a strong preference, but only want to room together if there's plenty of privacy (ie, my wife and I can sleep late). Also, anyone have a strong preference for 2br Beach vs 2br OW? They look to be the same layout, with one OW?
The 2BR BV and OWV are identical.

Downstairs you have the living room including the King size bed. There's a door out to the stairs, but the bedroom is the living room. Upstairs you have 2 double/queen beds (I forget) with own bathroom and huge balcony. The stairs can be accessed without entering the downstairs area at all (separate entrance. You could likely sleep kids + nanny upstairs adding a roll-away bed for the 2 year old.
ps9a likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:29 am

They emailed be back saying that they dont see the redemption rate that in seeing, and asked me to email them a screenshot.
Date is 5/5-5/10 2020, I'm seeing 340k+$125 or 365k in points for OWV
My ambassador said something similar a month ago when these rates started dropping. I'm not sure why they can't see it, but it's Bonvoy IT that we are talking about
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I hear you but Im bringing a family of total 5 (family of 4 + grandfather) so definitely need the 2bed. Agreed, with 2 ppl, would obviously book a regular OWV out on the stilts.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jjakobv84
The 2BR BV and OWV are identical.

Downstairs you have the living room including the King size bed. There's a door out to the stairs, but the bedroom is the living room. Upstairs you have 2 double/queen beds (I forget) with own bathroom and huge balcony. The stairs can be accessed without entering the downstairs area at all (separate entrance. You could likely sleep kids + nanny upstairs adding a roll-away bed for the 2 year old.
Thanks, jjakobv84! Sounds like no sofa upstairs. Oddly, the website lists a large fee for the roll-away for this room category. Rollaway beds permitted: 1 at 330.00 USD per night . I don't remember a charge in the past, but maybe something new.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.