Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
We had 531 and loved it.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
We had 531 and loved it.
Thats in the Sunset Overwater Villa category though. I'm referring to just the Overwater Villas
Mr. Vker likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LonghornFlyer
So it seems like for overwater villas that 505-507 are probably best options for warm pool plus privacy? With 501-504 being slightly worse but still acceptable for privacy. Is the pool for 522-528 really that cold?
We were in 504 and the sun heats up the pool for most of the day, so the water temperature is great. From the perspective of privacy, I don't think any of the OWV are completely private. Given that the villas are in the shape of a semi-circle , most of the decks on the villas are visible if somebody really wants take a look, but this really wasn't an issue when we were there.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador , Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
can anyone confirm if the pools in the sunset OWV are nice and warm ?

Also how deep is the water around the OWV's ?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr Bios

Not deep enough to dive in, but depending on tide too deep to stand on the seabed.
Mr Bios likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Mr Bios

SOWV pool water was refreshing as the sea water was VERY warm. I liked getting in the pools.

I'd say the water itself was between 4-6 feet...then 300 feet plus at the drop off

I was able to jump in with fins but would hit bottom-softly-at low tide. The water got very shallow around the reef which would pop out at low tide. I had neoprene gloves-which I recommend. The waves really can move you around and having them helped a couple of times as I was about to hit the reef.
friedablass and Mr Bios like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador , Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Not deep enough to dive in, but depending on tide too deep to stand on the seabed.
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
SOWV pool water was refreshing as the sea water was VERY warm. I liked getting in the pools.

I'd say the water itself was between 4-6 feet...then 300 feet plus at the drop off

I was able to jump in with fins but would hit bottom-softly-at low tide. The water got very shallow around the reef which would pop out at low tide. I had neoprene gloves-which I recommend. The waves really can move you around and having them helped a couple of times as I was about to hit the reef.

Thanks for the info
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Just to add another data point regarding the price of upgrades from points base room GV.

Last week, I finally found availability for 5 consecutive nights in February 2020 in a GV so I booked it to lock in the 85k points per night (now it's 100k that entire month) and also to be able to ask them what the price was for upgrading (previously they had told me that without availability and a booking they can't quote me).

This was their response to my inquiry - these rates include 23.2% tax:

We are pleased to offer you cash paid upgrades as follows (they also gave links to 3D tours for each room):

· Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 492.80 per night

· Beach Villa with Pool at USD 554.40 per night

· Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 616.00 per night

· Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 720.72 per night

They said I cannot upgrade only part of the stay, must be the full stay. Also, it would need to be paid in advance and non-refundable.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Alaska MVP
Hi all. New user here. Want to thank the community here for all the information they’ve shared. I used all that info to help book my honeymoon here right now. Did a Platinum Challenge this summer and booked a GV in Nov. 2018 for ten nights at 480K. We’re here 9/14-24.

WRT to Alba’s breakfast, we were informed this morning by our waiters that Prosecco and mimosas are included at breakfast. All my email correspondence with various butlers from late August until last night stated that these two are not on breakfast menu anymore. It’s due to a combination of 50-60% occupancy, no more Bloody Mary cart and a reduced buffet menu now vs. earlier this summer. Alba folks know this but none of the butlers know this.

Our Butler Eddie is fantastic. Communicate via WhatsApp with us, as usual. Nothing but great things to say about this place. Hope this helps and thanks to all for your info.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by rarSV
Hi all. New user here. Want to thank the community here for all the information they’ve shared. I used all that info to help book my honeymoon here right now. Did a Platinum Challenge this summer and booked a GV in Nov. 2018 for ten nights at 480K. We’re here 9/14-24.
Enjoy your honeymoon, congrats and welcome!

As a plat were you upgraded from the GV?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:50 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

WRT to Alba’s breakfast, we were informed this morning by our waiters that Prosecco and mimosas are included at breakfast. All my email correspondence with various butlers from late August until last night stated that these two are not on breakfast menu anymore. It’s due to a combination of 50-60% occupancy, no more Bloody Mary cart and a reduced buffet menu now vs. earlier this summer. Alba folks know this but none of the butlers know this.

Our Butler Eddie is fantastic. Communicate via WhatsApp with us, as usual. Nothing but great things to say about this place. Hope this helps and thanks to all for your info.
Welcome to FT and congrats on your marriage and honeymoon! Enjoy!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by friedablass
Enjoy your honeymoon, congrats and welcome!

As a plat were you upgraded from the GV?
Hello and thank you! I forgot to add that huge detail. Yes, I was upgraded from a Garden Villa to a Beach Villa about 26 hours or so before checkin. Some folks have said they were upgraded around 24 hours before checkin as well. We rolled the dice on the comped upgrade and hit a winner.
friedablass, bhrubin and kerufin like this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:55 am

Hello and thank you! I forgot to add that huge detail. Yes, I was upgraded from a Garden Villa to a Beach Villa about 26 hours or so before checkin. Some folks have said they were upgraded around 24 hours before checkin as well. We rolled the dice on the comped upgrade and hit a winner.
That's great! According to the wiki that would be like a 2 category upgrade because the OWV is 1 above the GV. Are you planning to ask to switch to an OWV at all throughout your stay?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
Congrats! Good to hear that people are getting comp upgrades. Will be staying for 5 nights end of this week - pretty excited to see how it turns out
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:52 pm

Whats the earliest anyone's gotten a comp upgrade to an OWV confirmed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.