FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

lagunas2k Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Just saw that Bonvoy will have flex point redemption rates for off peak and peak (coming Sept 14th). So wonder how that will affect availability and pricing in the future. Rooms could go up to 100k or as low as 70k. Standard is still 85k.

Good chance for upgrades, but as always, everything is subject to availability. At the end of the day, I say this. You will be spending thousands to vacation here. With the seaplane transfers, int'l flights from wherever, food and activity costs. If you don't get upgraded, are you ok? If so, then roll the dice. I did and got the beach villa I wanted. After spending time in the garden villa, if I was to return, I would absolutely upgrade ahead of time to a beach villa. If I came all the way to the Maldives, spent thousands, and couldn't even see the ocean, I would have been a bit disappointed. But that's me. My biggest issue with the garden villa is the access to beach. There isn't a quick entry directly in front of or nearby ("nearby being steps away). You have to walk probably a few minutes to the main beach by Alba. Not a huge deal for some, but I love walking a few steps and seeing the ocean. The GV garden area is also relatively dark as you are surrounded by very lush vegetation. Seems like a jungle, but doesn't quite feel like the Maldives (blue ocean, white sand, etc).

meehgz Aug 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass (Post 31440910)
Thanks. I'm going to ask them about my dates in February, I hope it won't be too much more than this. I would like to have a backup option to the JW Marriott because I'm waiting for that to open and the reviews to come out (if there are too many not so great reviews I'll go with the St Regis). With these or similar upgrade rates I would book GV with points and then upgrade to one of the first 2 options you mentioned.

Can you report back with the rates you get?

friedablass Aug 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by meehgz (Post 31449159)
Can you report back with the rates you get?

The problem is that I can't find 5 consecutive nights to book in a GV so I can ask them. I did email them to ask hypothetically how much it would be and the answer was that since there was no GV availability the entire month they can't say and I should continue checking because there might be cancellations.

larciel Aug 27, 2019 12:17 pm

among these water activities, which ones are must do and must avoid?

TIA!
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c65f353731.png
water

Bidu Aug 28, 2019 11:29 am

Currently here for honeymoon. booked Garden Villa on points and got upgraded to Beach Villa. Would love to try over water villa for the last 2-3 nights.
received spa massage promotion $120 for 50 minutes massage, must be redeemed within 48 hours after arrival.
snorkeling gear was provided in the room.

bhrubin Aug 28, 2019 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Bidu (Post 31466506)
Currently here for honeymoon. booked Garden Villa on points and got upgraded to Beach Villa. Would love to try over water villa for the last 2-3 nights.
received spa massage promotion $120 for 50 minutes massage, must be redeemed within 48 hours after arrival.

Enjoy and congrats!

meehgz Aug 28, 2019 12:05 pm

I'd love to hear how successful you are in doing this. This is our plan - the advice on here is generally "if you can't live without it, pay for the guaranteed upgrade; if you can live without it, gamble with asking when you arrive," and as we have done overwater villas a few times elsewhere and don't need it for this trip, we're doing the latter. Since paid upgrades booked ahead of time can only be done for the entire length of the stay, we're hoping for a complimentary upgrade to a beach villa for the first three-ish nights (of six), and then we're hoping to pay for an overwater villa upgrade depending on availability for the last three-ish nights - essentially what it sounds like you're hoping to do.

And congrats on the honeymoon!!

friedablass Aug 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon!

What are the rates you were quoted to upgrade to OVW villa?

Bidu Aug 29, 2019 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass (Post 31471991)
Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon!

What are the rates you were quoted to upgrade to OVW villa?

didnt ask how much for OVW villa upgrade but from the publish rate, i was prepared to pay around $200

LonghornFlyer Aug 30, 2019 11:58 am

I asked for a paid upgrade from Garden Villa to overwater for my trip in November. I was told I could upgrade to a Sunset Overwater villa for $677 a night but they couldn't offer an upgrade to an Overwater Villa. This happen to anyone? This is a huge bummer as staying in a overwater villa was a big part of the allure of the Maldives for me. Maybe I'll suck it up and pay for the Sunset but that is a pricey upgrade.

wilsonnyc Aug 30, 2019 3:01 pm

my view: they tend to move plats to the beach villa from the garden villa and if you ask at the right time (and they have avails), they will move you to an OWV. This happened when we were there on a 6 night trip (did 3 nights in the BV, 3 nights in the SOWV, which was actually a great breakdown)...but I think you have to be ready for them to say we can't do it. For such an aspirational property, I found them pretty accommodating to these sorts of requests while on property.

Best of luck. the OWVs are pretty sweet.

Obsidian Aug 30, 2019 4:32 pm

About to arrive for 6 nights. Who all is here? Meet up time?

Bidu Aug 31, 2019 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Obsidian (Post 31474929)
About to arrive for 6 nights. Who all is here? Meet up time?

i am here until early next week. When do you arrive?

Obsidian Aug 31, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bidu (Post 31475756)

i am here until early next week. When do you arrive?

here till Friday. I'll send you a DM with info to meet up. Anyone else here? Also, now's a good time to ask questions if anyone has them. My jet lag pretty much guarantees I will be awake late at night

t3ame Aug 31, 2019 11:56 pm

Any good news on good upgrades? And what is the weather currently like?
We will be at the property for 10 days starting next week and have upgraded (for cash) from the points-GV to OWV for 7 out of the 10 days (2 separate bookings of 3 days and 7 days which allowed this).