Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean
All these mediocre and below average reviews. If you were paying $300/night here, would you say the same? Or is it anchored by the fact that you are expecting $1500/night service?

I have a 5 night points advance reservation for a Garden Villa in September but it went from 240k to 340k. I’m just planning to wait to call about it until I have the 240k points. I have screenshots of the original reservation. Anyone else’s reservations go up in points and did y’all try to get it fixed??
Same thing happened to mine. Called in before having the 240k points and patiently explained the situation to the Marriott CSR. She initially said I'd have to pay the new rate but after I mentioned having to work with a CEC she put me on hold to call another department. After about 30 minutes she came back and said the other agent didn't know how to fix rate so instead they just deposited the difference in points (100k) into my account. They did mention that if I were to cancel, the points would be clawed back.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:54 am

Im beyond the cancellation period...but

Seeing how badly reviewed this resort is, should i cancel my trip so i can save the $$ that I am planning on spending at the resort?

Those of you who have been there, should I save the $ and buy myself another trip somewhere else?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
Check your folios y'all. Seems like the hotel might be playing games and not giving out the right amount of points.
This seems to be a wider issue at hand. I was at the St. Regis Punta Mita and did not get the correct points posted (less than 50% of eligible points). It took me four calls to finally find a knowledgeable rep who was amazing and sorted it out. St. Regis Punta Mita had not even sent the folio to Marriott.

I wanted to put in strong praise for the agent, he said post the call, he will put me on a survey, when we transferred me for the survey, the survey never came up, the call got disconnected (flawed IT). This must be so depressing for the agents to not be able to get recognition even when they do a great job all because of Marriott's IT.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by outlawashere
Im beyond the cancellation period...but

Seeing how badly reviewed this resort is, should i cancel my trip so i can save the $$ that I am planning on spending at the resort?

Those of you who have been there, should I save the $ and buy myself another trip somewhere else?
How did you come to the conclusion that the resort is badly reviewed? It has 4.5+ stars on the Marriott site, Tripadvisor and every other booking site.

I normally wouldn't go out of my way to defend a hotel but LOL are you kidding? Find a hotel at which no one has ever had a bad experience, I'll wait.
escape4, PITchic and IAlwaysCall like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
How did you come to the conclusion that the resort is badly reviewed? It has 4.5+ stars on the Marriott site, Tripadvisor and every other booking site.

I normally wouldn't go out of my way to defend a hotel but LOL are you kidding? Find a hotel at which no one has ever had a bad experience, I'll wait.
Just look at the review from a few posts before this, 2 different people said it was average at best, and that this resort is not anywhere close to being 5*.

If i am spending thousands, i sure hope it wouldn't be at a 3* quality resort...

Have you stayed here before?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:20 pm

Just look at the review from a few posts before this, 2 different people said it was average at best, and that this resort is not anywhere close to being 5*.

If i am spending thousands, i sure hope it wouldn't be at a 3* quality resort...

Have you stayed here before?
I don't think you're grasping what I was saying. People have had bad experiences at every single resort in the entire world. No one is forcing anyone to stay here but it's just not particularly accurate to generally characterize the resort as "badly reviewed."
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
I don't think you're grasping what I was saying. People have had bad experiences at every single resort in the entire world. No one is forcing anyone to stay here but it's just not particularly accurate to generally characterize the resort as "badly reviewed."
i get what you are saying, but at the same time i also trust FT members more than just reviews on TripAdvisor or whatever.

it just discouraging reading how this resort charges so much yet delivers so little.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
i get what you are saying, but at the same time i also trust FT members more than just reviews on TripAdvisor or whatever.

it just discouraging reading how this resort charges so much yet delivers so little.
Having followed this thread from the beginning, I would say there have been more posts from people loving the resort versus having issues in this thread. Also, people generally go out of their way to write about negative experiences so you need to take it with a grain of salt. There are plenty of people who complain about a variety of things at the St. Regis Bora Bora and my wife and I had a fantastic time there.

Staying in t-minus 30 days.
ab_initio and PITchic like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
You mention 3* resort and St.Regis Maldives in the same sentence, and claim that you trust FT members.

I am an FT member. Sounds like you have decided to discard my review and the review of several others, including the review of @bgraff who is Marriott LT Titanium so he is not a novice plus the fact that he's been to several other resorts in the Maldives to have perspective.

Don't get me wrong, you are free to travel somewhere else if you would like and nobody is going to stop you, but I feel I should call BS on this one for the benefit of other FT members reading this.
ab_initio likes this.

Last edited by escape4; Mar 22, 2019 at 6:31 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:14 pm

Travel somewhere else then.
ab_initio likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:20 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
Dining - we felt that the food ranged from mediocre at best, to poor at worse.
Not to discard your bad experience(s) but I feel your review is one-sided and only focuses on the negatives. To start with, do you rank the breakfast at St.Regis Maldives below average? If so, relative to which other hotels you have been to?
ab_initio likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:56 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by escape4
Not to discard your bad experience(s) but I feel your review is one-sided and only focuses on the negatives. To start with, do you rank the breakfast at St.Regis Maldives below average? If so, relative to which other hotels you have been to?
Breakfast spread was vast and good quality. Hardware and service was top notch.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by zack14
Travel somewhere else then.
Thats the plan
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Staying here as we speak. 2nd time coming, first was 2 years ago (same time of the year too).

Absoloutly love this place. Usually during my stays I give requests on the first day and expect that it will be taken care of.

I'm on my first day and everything has been taken care of. Top notch.
ab_initio likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mjrobson
Having followed this thread from the beginning, I would say there have been more posts from people loving the resort versus having issues in this thread. Also, people generally go out of their way to write about negative experiences so you need to take it with a grain of salt. There are plenty of people who complain about a variety of things at the St. Regis Bora Bora and my wife and I had a fantastic time there.

Staying in t-minus 30 days.
I will second that! 😁 For any stay, don't be afraid to use the Chat feature in the Bonvoy APP.

When I checked into the St. Regis Bora Bora 3 weeks ago I had requested a coffee service for 9:00 am the following morning with our Butler. She was going to be off the next 3 days so we did get introduced to another butler that would be looking after us the following day. At 9:00 am the coffee had not arrived and I waited to 9:15. At that time I send a message via the APP to advise that our coffee had not arrived and to please cancel as we were going for breakfast.

During breakfast our new Butler found us in the restaurant to offer an apology. As we were leaving, she and the assistant Manager flagged us down. The assistant Manager was very apologetic and explained exactly what had transpired and took full responsibility for the shortcoming. As a gesture she offered us a complimentary lunch in the restaurant/ bar and said she would speak to her "colleagues" right away.

We had a wonderful lunch (priced at $169 for the two of us) and when we were finished we weren't presented with a bill; only a thank you and that concierge had taken care of it.

Personally, I believe if you have a gripe and you don't deal with it at that time then you really don't have a gripe.

Enjoy your stay. I sure did.

James
ab_initio likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.