Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by godofchurning
is it a bad time to visit maldives during July? I have a march reservation but it looks like It is going to be super hard for me to make the trip.
Im having difficulty getting PTO. It would be easiler for me to not fight with my manager and just porbably travel in july.
I also blocked a reservation in July but would it be a really bad time to visit maldives? will it be raining always?
has evenyone travelled during the wet season?
Had 5 days of straight rain once from a cyclone somewhere in the ocean there in august
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:50 pm

I have 6 nights booked in GV with points and need to add another night to the beginning of the stay. I am thinking of just paying the cash rate for an OWV in lieu of waiting for points availability. If I do this would there be a greater chance of getting upgraded to that same OWV the rest of the stay, or is the hotel okay with having guests change rooms? Thanks!

Edit: And I understand that upgrades depend on many factors, I am more looking for feedback from anyone with experience doing this.

Last edited by guy_listening; Feb 28, 2019 at 12:57 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:24 am

is it just me? i don't see award available for any single date anymore? it seems like they blocked all award booking until the new rate kick in few weeks. sneaky and dirty move by st regis. shame on them.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
For this month, you can still even find garden villas.
But further out looks diffficult.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by misenlai
is it just me? i don't see award available for any single date anymore? it seems like they blocked all award booking until the new rate kick in few weeks. sneaky and dirty move by st regis. shame on them.
Why don't you check the cash inventory first before jumping to conclusions?

If you actually bother looking (or if you scroll up a few pages), you'll see that you can't book the base rooms using cash either. And not only the base rooms; there don't seem to be any OWVs bookable using cash during much of the 2019-2020 peak season, and there are even many dates that appear to be completely sold out. This has been the case for one whole month (and maybe longer) now, so if they really are blocking cash reservations until the award chart change, it would seem to me to be shooting their own foot rather than being a sneaky business move.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by misenlai

I can see 5 days availabilty like 10 of the days with GV and OWV......for 240,000 points and 640,000 points
(use flexibiltiy search, 5 days, April)

May June July I can only see 2 day availability, I can't see any 5 days availability...

Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by jaycis
Why don't you check the cash inventory first before jumping to conclusions?

If you actually bother looking (or if you scroll up a few pages), you'll see that you can't book the base rooms using cash either. And not only the base rooms; there don't seem to be any OWVs bookable using cash during much of the 2019-2020 peak season, and there are even many dates that appear to be completely sold out. This has been the case for one whole month (and maybe longer) now, so if they really are blocking cash reservations until the award chart change, it would seem to me to be shooting their own foot rather than being a sneaky business move.
I hope you are correct, but I'm a little more pessimistic (at least for reservations in 2020). I don't think they'll lose out on any reservations 11 months in the future. I guess we'll find out the week of March 5th...

Al Maha also isn't available. Maybe some high end hotels don't input all of their inventory until later

Last edited by IAlwaysCall; Mar 1, 2019 at 9:27 am
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
I hope you are correct, but I'm a little more pessimistic (at least for reservations in 2020). I don't think they'll lose out on any reservations 11 months in the future. I guess we'll find out the week of March 5th...

Al Maha also isn't available. Maybe some high end hotels don't input all of their inventory until later
Last year StR almost always had availability 11.5 months out. This is a new game that they are playing with their inventory. Oh well, we were looking to book for Jan/Feb (which seem to be the ideal months) next year. We will now prob just go to the JW Maldives to do something fresh.
IAlwaysCall likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
I hope you are correct, but I'm a little more pessimistic (at least for reservations in 2020). I don't think they'll lose out on any reservations 11 months in the future.
If it was just a 2020 phenomenon, then I can somewhat understand their reasoning for wanting to play games with inventory by blocking GV cash reservations. However, the very last date any GV is available for cash is August 31. That means that they've been blocking half of their GV cash inventory for over a month now. If they really wanted to block awards so much, why didn't they just go with the B&B rate trick that they (and Al Maha) have successfully used to block awards in the past before? (Perhaps pressure from Marriott and negative publicity from various media outlets forced them to change their strategy? )
And then the fact that they're also blocking tons of cash OWVs during peak season (which are currently pricing at 170k/n for award redemption, so I can't imagine that many people actually booking these awards)... It's completely mystifying to me how all of this is supposed to help their bottom line. But like you say, we shall see come March 5th.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:44 pm

So I'll cancel my Aug 4-9 2019 reservation of GV (for 240k) March 2nd at 5PM EST (New York time zone).
You are welcome to grab it right after, if it appears to be available

Originally Posted by aznyc
Hi all, long time reader here, just registered.
I'll be cancelling one of my GV reservations I booked for August once I finally figure out the best available flights. So maybe someone will be lucky enough to grab it if Marriott doesn't play any games here.
So it'll be either Aug 4-9th or Aug 10-15th 2019. As of now it looks like I'll keep 10-15th and cancel 4-9th. Will post the update here in advance next 1-2 weeks.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by aznyc
So I'll cancel my Aug 4-9 2019 reservation of GV (for 240k) March 2nd at 5PM EST (New York time zone).
You are welcome to grab it right after, if it appears to be available
I'm not going to grab this one, just wanted to drop in and say THANK YOU for doing this. It would be awesome if anyone else looking to cancel future travel (esp if canceling before 3/5) would do this! *wishful thinking*
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Is this still accurate for breakfast (assuming as Plat arrival gift option)? I'm working on updating the exec lounge sticky. Any input appreciated. Thx.

"PAG option: local gift or points or breakfast daily"

Cheers.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is this still accurate for breakfast (assuming as Plat arrival gift option)? I'm working on updating the exec lounge sticky. Any input appreciated. Thx.

Cheers.
It was in January for sure..
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
I hope that doesn't change... I'm counting on that breakfast in August.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:17 pm

Here right now...

...and breakfast is still a PAG option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.