Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Sonne1982
I am going to the st. Regis in 7 days.
got an email from the hotel that for the sea plane transfer the weight limit is 30kg. How strickt are they? Andy advise?
And is the Carry-On (a small backpack) included in the 30kg, or will it not be weighed?
Everything is weighed, I don't know how strict they are with charging excess weight as we were well under. But at least they are very strict with getting it weighed
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:30 pm

We are avid divers too and will be going to there end of March. I asked the Butler Service to email me a water sports menu (PDF). The diving prices are as follows:

Scuba Diving (per dive)

Single Dive 80
6-11 Dives 75
12 or more Dives 70
Single Dive Boat fee 20
Double Dive Boat fee 35
Diving prices are quoted per dive & per person

Equipment Rental
Full Set 25
One item – BCD/Regulator set / 9
Wetsuit /Computer
Night Dive supplement 25
Torch- including back up 15
Digital camera rental 75
(for excursions only)
Go Pro Rental 95
(for excursions only)
15 liter cylinder 10
Nitrox Fill (32%) FOC
Equipment prices are quoted per dive & per person

Prices are excluding 10%service charge and 12% GST.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by AirMike
We are avid divers too and will be going to there end of March. I asked the Butler Service to email me a water sports menu (PDF).
Yes, this exact same menu has been attached to the wiki at the top of this thread for quite some time now actually...
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
It seems to me the Scuba Diving prices here and at W Maldives are the exact same. Maybe it's the same company they contract it out too?

Has anyone actually gone Scuba Diving and priced it out? It seems obvious enough, but what would the prices be, say for two dives after tax? Can someone confirm if I did this correctly below:

2 x Single Dive = $160
Double Dive Boat Fee = $35
Full Set of Equipment Rental = $50 (because doing two dives?!)
15 liter cylinder = $20 (because doing two dives? Or is this included with full equip rental)

$132.50 per dive + 22% service charge = $323.30 for two dives?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Sonne1982
I am going to the st. Regis in 7 days.
got an email from the hotel that for the sea plane transfer the weight limit is 30kg. How strickt are they? Andy advise?
And is the Carry-On (a small backpack) included in the 30kg, or will it not be weighed?
Quite strict as its only a small airplane.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:46 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bgraff
Comparisons to W and Four Seasons: - We really liked the W, and want to go back someday. I recall it having a "cooler" and younger vibe, less families, and they had free ice cream on the jetty (at least they used to). However, i think the St. Regis has the W beat (assuming same price). The St Regis has better food options, better snorkeling (now), and fantastic butler service.-
Thanks for the great review, I'm trying to decide the W and St. R on an upcoming trip and was leaning towards the W partially because of its reputation for superior snorkeling (and cheaper seaplane flights, and 20% of F&B, and beach front rooms available as the entry-level for points redemption). Assuming the price is not the same, how much more would you be willing to spend for the St. R vs. the W? How would you compare the garden rooms at the St. R with the beach rooms at the W?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by bgraff
- We really liked the W, and want to go back someday. I recall it having a "cooler" and younger vibe, less families, and they had free ice cream on the jetty (at least they used to). However, i think the St. Regis has the W beat (assuming same price). The St Regis has better food options, better snorkeling (now), and fantastic butler service.
wait what? This is literally the first time I hear someone not only say that StR has good snorkeling, but that it has better snorkeling than the W. What's going on? Has the reef improved significantly?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Everything is weighed, I don't know how strict they are with charging excess weight as we were well under. But at least they are very strict with getting it weighed
If you are over you just get charged a few bucks I think $5.60/kg so no big deal. I mean don't bring gold bars or anything but a few kgs heavy is fine.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:46 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
wait what? This is literally the first time I hear someone not only say that StR has good snorkeling, but that it has better snorkeling than the W. What's going on? Has the reef improved significantly?
Seems like more sealife has appeared towards the drop
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:12 pm

On a points stay with a paid upgrade, should points be awarded for the amount paid for the upgrade? Does anyone have any experience here? Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:31 pm

I'll be there early April. Did not pay to upgrade. Fingers crossed as currently Titanium.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by lbayne
On a points stay with a paid upgrade, should points be awarded for the amount paid for the upgrade? Does anyone have any experience here? Thanks!
Upgrade charges generally do not earn points, sadly.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: marriott
Should points be awarded for Water Activities and Spa?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by CherylD
I'll be there early April. Did not topay to upgrade. Fingers crossed as currently Titanium.
Keep us updated

Anyone Going in Sept?

Is it also possible to pay to upgrade at check in?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:39 am
kkl

Originally Posted by larciel
Keep us updated

Anyone Going in Sept?

Is it also possible to pay to upgrade at check in?
When I enquired about upgrade at checkin from OWV to SOWV I was told would be able to. Didn't get a price though.

This was the 85k OWV award pricing in Dec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.