Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by hull22
I was able to find points availability for my attempted stay next November, unfortunately it is 1,544,000 points for a 5 night Overwater Villa stay, <1cent/pt value nice. I guess the W it is, only 240,000 for Beach Oasis rm.
I am seeing a similar option for my 5 night stay. This seems like a new online option. OWV for 1,870,000 points for 5 nights AND a 90 day cancellation policy. Also it looks like the 5th night free calculation is off as a single night is 386,000 points for each of the five nights.

No thanks, I will stick with my GV for 240,000 points reservation with a 30 day cancellation policy.

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Jan 3, 2019 at 10:45 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:28 am

I'm looking to depart MLE (for AUH) at 6:50pm. Should I be concerned that the TMA flight might be too late in the day and I might have to spend a night near MLE? Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by slice
I'm looking to depart MLE (for AUH) at 6:50pm. Should I be concerned that the TMA flight might be too late in the day and I might have to spend a night near MLE? Thanks
so flight leaving MLE at 6.50pm? You should be able to get on a seaplane at 3 or 4 and make your flight. Not sure what the concern is with spending a nite in MLE
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
so flight leaving MLE at 6.50pm? You should be able to get on a seaplane at 3 or 4 and make your flight. Not sure what the concern is with spending a nite in MLE
Award space on the return flight. How far in advance would I be able to learn return flight time?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:45 pm

Are we allowed to use the StR seaplane lounge before flying out of Male, i.e. after the return flight from the StR?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by slice
Award space on the return flight. How far in advance would I be able to learn return flight time?
The hotel needs your flight details at the latest 72 hours in advance and will confirm the details about 24 hours in advance.

As your flight is early evening, there is zero risk (baring a cyclone) that they will not get you to the flight during the same day.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Seeing a lot of what I guess could be called phantom award space, i.e. nights that show availability at 60k/nt on the calendar but then only actually have availability for OWVs at 386k/nt when you click in to book. I'm guessing the Marriott website just isn't designed to handle this situation given how rare it probably is. Basically, when searching for award availability don't count your proverbial eggs before they hatch.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain

No thanks, I will stick with my GV for 240,000 points reservation with a 30 day cancellation policy.
Just checked my reservation and saw the cancellation policy has changed to 90 days. Have never seen this before that cancellation policy changed after booking.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Just checked my reservation and saw the cancellation policy has changed to 90 days. Have never seen this before that cancellation policy changed after booking.
Do you have a copy of the original cancelation? Marriott will honor that.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Seeing a lot of what I guess could be called phantom award space, i.e. nights that show availability at 60k/nt on the calendar but then only actually have availability for OWVs at 386k/nt when you click in to book. I'm guessing the Marriott website just isn't designed to handle this situation given how rare it probably is. Basically, when searching for award availability don't count your proverbial eggs before they hatch.
When I search Flexible Dates, 1 night, I see only the nights where there is GV availability.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain

I am seeing a similar option for my 5 night stay. This seems like a new online option. OWV for 1,870,000 points for 5 nights AND a 90 day cancellation policy. Also it looks like the 5th night free calculation is off as a single night is 386,000 points for each of the five nights.

I have a 7 day cancelation. Just printed it to make sure I can back it up if they change it.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:13 pm

My reservation on the web-site still states 30 days so whatever change was not system-wide across all award reservations.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Do you have a copy of the original cancelation? Marriott will honor that.
Have email received at booking, cancelation policy is 30 days.

Had a closer look of my reservation, the wording under "Redemption" in the main reservation page still says 30 days. But when click the link right below says "cancelation policy", a pop-up shows up and that's where the 90 days comes.

So seems Marriott reservation system has conflict with itself.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Are we allowed to use the StR seaplane lounge before flying out of Male, i.e. after the return flight from the StR?
Yes, I spent 4 hours in the lounge after the flight from StR and was driven over for my 10:55PM flight to Dubai.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:28 pm

Have email received at booking, cancelation policy is 30 days.

Had a closer look of my reservation, the wording under "Redemption" in the main reservation page still says 30 days. But when click the link right below says "cancelation policy", a pop-up shows up and that's where the 90 days comes.

So seems Marriott reservation system has conflict with itself.
OK, I see that as well on the web-site. Thanks for the info. I had to click on the Cancellation Policy link under the Redemption section to view that. Email states 30 days for cancellation and 30 days for redemption. Web-site now states 30 days for cancellation and 90 days for redemption.

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Jan 5, 2019 at 9:34 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.