Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:29 pm
kkl

Our butler actually had pre booked all major dinners for us
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
decanter wine dinner was the only dinner we prebooked. everything else seemed completely unnecessary to pre-book.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jon Kraynak

Hi. I was just wondering what tips you could give for staying at this property. I also reserved 5 nights with points and will be going for my honeymoon. I saw they upgraded us to a BV and I scheduled a massage for one of the days. Im platinum with Marriott so Ill choose the breakfast for two but I was just wondering what other tips you could give to get the best experience out of this property. Thanks!
Do you know if the free breakfast is ONLY for Plat Premier OR Plat Elite will also get free breakfast?

I am not having luck in booking any reward stay at this resort...arrrrgh.

Does anyone here know what is the extra cost of adding a 5 years old in the room? How about breakfast?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:37 pm

Has anyone tried one of their exclusive private dining experiences and know how much it may cost?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:46 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by t0nyy3ung
Has anyone tried one of their exclusive private dining experiences and know how much it may cost?
365pp ++
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by t0nyy3ung
Send them an email, they will forward you all the details of it. I actually got all the private dining options sent after I send them our flight details and asked a couple of questions unrelated to dining
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by musicscrip
Does anyone here know what is the extra cost of adding a 5 years old in the room? How about breakfast?
So as far as I know there's two options:
  • If the child sleeps on sofa bed and doesn't require a rollaway bed it's $35++ for breakfast
  • If a rollaway bed is required it's $100++ for both the bed and the breakfast
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:15 am

Anybody know if flying in on EK 660 (arriving at 15:30) is cutting it too close to make the last seaplane transfer? This is what the St Regis butler told me over email:

For your kind information, the seaplane operates from 06:00am till 15:30pm, hence, we are able to arrange the seaplane transfer for all international flight landing at Male Airport no later 15:30pm.
It's somewhat ambiguous whether a flight that is scheduled to arrive at 15:30 but is, for instance, delayed a bit will end up missing the cutoff (EK 660 in particular seems to regularly get delayed up to 30 minutes). I e-mailed them just now to clarify but they are typically rather slow to reply to e-mails.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by cycyc
Anybody know if flying in on EK 660 (arriving at 15:30) is cutting it too close to make the last seaplane transfer?
Depends on your risk tolerance-- I'm on 660 in a couple of months. I prefer 652 (arriving at 14:55), but it had only J award seats vs F on 660. If you're close to on-time, you should be fine. Otherwise, you're spending the night in Male... if that's a deal-breaker, I'd choose an earlier flight. For me, both 652 and 660 are very pleasant flights, as you don't need to leave Dubai in the middle of the night. I also really enjoy showing up to a resort in the Maldives and knowing my room will be ready.

It's somewhat ambiguous whether a flight that is scheduled to arrive at 15:30 but is, for instance, delayed a bit will end up missing the cutoff (EK 660 in particular seems to regularly get delayed up to 30 minutes). I e-mailed them just now to clarify but they are typically rather slow to reply to e-mails.
They're not going to give you a firm cutoff as to whether 15, 30, 45 minutes late will still get you on a seaplane, unfortunately. It's all managed by the seaplane company, and it's somewhat dependent on how many people on your flight and flights landing at similar times are headed out on seaplanes that day. It doesn't help the seaplane company to shift tons of passengers into the following day's schedule, so you've got that going for you.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by musicscrip

Do you know if the free breakfast is ONLY for Plat Premier OR Plat Elite will also get free breakfast?

I am not having luck in booking any reward stay at this resort...arrrrgh.

As some else already answer this question with $35++ without additional bedding. $35++ equates to $43.12 a day.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Anybody know if flying in on EK 660 (arriving at 15:30) is cutting it too close to make the last seaplane transfer? This is what the St Regis butler told me over email:

If I were you Id fly to the resort the following day bright and early. By arriving at 15:30+ last flight, youll only land in the evening - waste of a day even if you do make it, vs. in time for breakfast the following day.
MaldivesFreak likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Amex Plat
Booked a 5 night stay for 2019 for 240k, for 5/25-5/30 but realized we couldn't make it their until 5/26. Obviously when I tried to search 5/26-5/31 it was no availability but I was able to reserve 5/31 separately on points advance.

Question is - Can they see these two reservations and shift the points stay from 5/25-5/30 to 5/26-5/31?Is this SPG reservations or hotel? Worried about losing the dates as they are exactly when I want them. Any help is appreciated.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by kal22
Booked a 5 night stay for 2019 for 240k, for 5/25-5/30 but realized we couldn't make it their until 5/26. Obviously when I tried to search 5/26-5/31 it was no availability but I was able to reserve 5/31 separately on points advance.

Question is - Can they see these two reservations and shift the points stay from 5/25-5/30 to 5/26-5/31?Is this SPG reservations or hotel? Worried about losing the dates as they are exactly when I want them. Any help is appreciated.
Barring divine intervention it will be cancel and rebook ONLY, unfortunately. Hotel wont be able to do anything and SPG will be of no use either.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:12 pm

Which side of the seaplane do I sit on for the inbound flight to the StR if I want to get a nice wide-angle shot of the resort? I think it's the left side, but I'm not positive.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

I wouldn't risk it. If you do get delayed by 20-30 mins which is a not a huge amount you will miss your connecting sea plane and will end up staying in MLE at your own expense and loose out on the STR night too as they don't give refunds for delays on incoming flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.