Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:17 pm

Sorry, wasn't able to edit my post above.

**UPDATE**: The StR reached out to me on their own and were able to reinstate my reservation! Wasn't expecting this welcome news. Thanks everyone!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:25 pm

Anyone see the ~$1400 USD local fees on their reservations? What is that!?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by outlawashere
Anyone see the ~$1400 USD local fees on their reservations? What is that!?
$695 roundtrip seaplane transfer multiplied by number of occupants in your room
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
$695 roundtrip seaplane transfer multiplied by number of occupants in your room
Does that count as point earning spend?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Generally "local fees" do not count towards eligible spend. But, strangely enough, on my reservation over the holidays the Christmas Eve "meal fee" is added onto my reservation as a "local fee" as well, even though meals should count towards eligible spend. So, not sure what to make of that.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:14 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Let you know when I check out
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Wow! This is what my reservation now states.

• Rollaway Bed Fee
  • Local Fee
  • Estimated government taxes and fees
I am guessing that they have got the rollaway bed fee incorrect as that is $100 a day for 5 nights but why are the taxes so much? I guess they basing this off the 4500 rollaway fee?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Wow! This is what my reservation now states.

I am guessing that they have got the rollaway bed fee incorrect as that is $100 a day for 5 nights but why are the taxes so much? I guess they basing this off the 4500 rollaway fee?
Hotels that charge upsell/surcharges for upgrades or for things like seaplane transfers sometimes input those charges in different ways in the central reservations system. If in doubt, I would contact the hotel and ask for clarification and a separate confirmation email from them, and use that instead of whatever the central reservations system may say.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:14 am

Ha thanks for head up....
It is funny, I book 5 days with GV and follow by 5 Days of OWV

so now it shows...first lot 240,000 Plus $2,900
and 2nd booking 790,000 plus $2,900........
$5,800 in local fees~~~hahahhahaa
(family of 4 is going)

I wonder should I contact St Regis or SPG....
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I am sure its posted but here is the email for those needing to get things straightened out. Good luck.

[email protected]

tygran37 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Anyone with updates on the house reef? This was a post from Nov 2016. Curious what people think now. We go in Aug 2019.

7. House reef is recovering from construction--very little color and some dead areas . I don't know how it compares to the other resorts in the Maldives but having dove in other places, the house reef is not very healthy right now. Fish population is quite good--you'll see sharks, turtles, tuna, rays, etc. and they say the coral is recovering. You can take a boat out to other places that will be better. The dive and sports center is top notch and since they're not at full capacity right now you'll get very individualized attention.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Was there last week and parts are definitely still recovering, but found some decent live growth on the reef between the Sunset OWVs and the Whale Bar. The "house reef", as it was described by the staff, is straight out from the dive center and seemed much more dead to me than the aforementioned OWV reef. Marine life was generally good all around. We saw much better coral/reefs on our scuba and snorkling trips (i guess, to be expected), but thankfully they were all fairly close to the resort. Have no idea how long the reef will take to fully recover, but i'm guessing a couple of years more...
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by cabbit
Ha thanks for head up....
It is funny, I book 5 days with GV and follow by 5 Days of OWV

so now it shows...first lot 240,000 Plus $2,900
and 2nd booking 790,000 plus $2,900........
$5,800 in local fees~~~hahahhahaa
(family of 4 is going)

I wonder should I contact St Regis or SPG....
If the points are accurate, you are getting the seaplane transfer attached to each reservation for (4) people. Ultimately you will only pay that one time. Just email the hotel to link the reservations. They seem to do that all of the time. Its $695 x 4 for the plane--a little less if any kids are going. They will also adjust for that.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott, Delta, Jet Blue
Hi there, I'm new to the forum.. have browsed but never posted.

Currently booked at the St. Regis GV for 5 nights with points in January 2019 for my honeymoon. Received the offer to upgrade to OVW at 369.60 per night . If we don't pay for the upgrade, I was wondering if the GV has any beach access or if you have to walk around the island to find a spot? Reason I ask is because I'm thinking of switching the stay to the W. I'm not a huge fan of the brand but sounds like the reef is better and their beach oasis rooms have direct beach access. +20% off for PP members is attractive considering the cost of everything.

Any thoughts/advice is appreciated!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by soucro
Hi there, I'm new to the forum.. have browsed but never posted.

Currently booked at the St. Regis GV for 5 nights with points in January 2019 for my honeymoon. Received the offer to upgrade to OVW at 369.60 per night . If we don't pay for the upgrade, I was wondering if the GV has any beach access or if you have to walk around the island to find a spot? Reason I ask is because I'm thinking of switching the stay to the W. I'm not a huge fan of the brand but sounds like the reef is better and their beach oasis rooms have direct beach access. +20% off for PP members is attractive considering the cost of everything.

Any thoughts/advice is appreciated!
The garden villa is in the middle of the island. If i remember correctly, it is a few minutes walk to the main restaurant/pool/beach. You will have to carry all your beach stuff to the main beach and back. There are other beaches, but they are too far from the GV.

I've done the OWV at the StR, but going back, I probably would take the beach villa at the W. I would take the beach villa at the StR, too, but it's a cat higher than the OWV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.