Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
So far, is there anyone here on FT that has stayed there with cash?
Will be there on the 12th.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Is there a published award chart for this property?
I'm assuming you're referring to the instant rewards you can use your Starpoints for (food/beverage, spa, etc.)? The hotel was supposed to get back to me on this and never did, and they also didn't respond to two follow up emails I sent.

I asked my Ambassador to look into this. They should at least give me a response if they haven't finalized the instant rewards. Not impressed that they have been so unresponsive, especially given how quickly they would respond to me in the past.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by VCURamFan

Not even a champagne sabering?
I'm really having trouble being any more clear on this

Not even the spa is free access to Platinums. Officially.

Originally Posted by britinva79
What are the bath products that they are using in the OWV? Do they have remede? I was at the St Regis Bangkok and they have great products there and hoping they do here too.

Shame that they don't do much for Platinums, the Park Hyatt offers more for their Diamond guests based on what I've read.
I'm not convinced the PH is better. Although the StR is stingy "officially", I found they didn't nickel and dime me at all while there. Breakfast is technically for two people; they comped my son without even a question from me. First day we arrived at 7am; they comped breakfast. Tea service is normally a) for two, and b) generally only teabags. They would give me a juice for my son (and their juices are AMAZING!), as well as custom make me mint tea and so on. They gave my son a (brand new) plush turtle to play with, and of course, he didn't want to let it go at the end... they didn't even bat an eye and let him keep it ($65 at the MLE duty free, wow). And of course, I had the spectacular sunset villa. I'm not sure the PH would go that far based on what i've read.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by britinva79
What are the bath products that they are using in the OWV? Do they have remede? I was at the St Regis Bangkok and they have great products there and hoping they do here too.

Shame that they don't do much for Platinums, the Park Hyatt offers more for their Diamond guests based on what I've read.
It is the Remede products. Not sure if that's good or bad for you, but both my wife and I have a strong dislike for the Remede products. After trying out the products at the St Regis Singapore, we just bought some Aveda to bring along to Maldives at SIN.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
First day we arrived at 7am; they comped breakfast.
How did you get there at 7AM island time?!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:55 pm

How did you get there at 7AM island time?!
Oops sorry. 8AM! We were on the 6:30 flight which got delayed to 7am.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:13 pm

I guess if you don't have enough time to have breakfast at the lounge, they will give you (free) breakfast at the resort.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:26 pm

I guess if you don't have enough time to have breakfast at the lounge, they will give you (free) breakfast at the resort.
I'd be curious to know if that was it, more so than "we'll just extend another Platinum breakfast to you".

Not to mention that there's nothing resembling fold at The Great Room. Haha.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:35 pm

Fold? Cash.....folding? Ha ha. I know you mean 'food'.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:14 pm

Fold? Cash.....folding? Ha ha. I know you mean 'food'.
Doh!!!!!! Stupid phone.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:42 pm

I've been following this thread ever since I booked my stay and can't wait. Anyone else there between 1/4 and 1/9?

And for the people who have already been, are there manta dive/snorkeling excursions like other resorts offer?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:28 am

Anyone currently here or arriving in the next few days?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
Originally Posted by astronugget
I've been following this thread ever since I booked my stay and can't wait. Anyone else there between 1/4 and 1/9?

And for the people who have already been, are there manta dive/snorkeling excursions like other resorts offer?
My SO and I will be there exactly those days! I'm with you..stalking this thread ever since it started! I can't wait. We land in Male at 14:45...so really hoping everything is on time to make the seaplane.

There are dives and snorkeling (which we definitely plan to partake in). This will fill the time as we will be starving because we can't afford to eat a $50 pizza... Lol.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:50 pm

I didn't do the dives because I keep procrastinating on my certification (I am too lazy to do it in places I live, where it's reasonably priced, and when I actually NEED it, it's at hotels that charge hundreds of dollars for it, which I feel is better spent actually diving ... end result, nothing gets done), but the snorkelling tour was both reasonably priced and reasonably interesting. The reef is in much better shape than the house reef, and much life was to be found - we even saw a sea turtle from afar!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:24 pm

We will be at the resort from Jan 18 - 24, will anyone else be there around then?

What are most people wearing around the hotel in the evenings for the dinners? We don't want to be under or over dressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.