FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

SantiC Sep 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by tygran37 (Post 30230335)
You might get lucky... but from everything I've read I wouldn't count on Gold status getting you anything in the way of an upgrade here.

Would love to be wrong.

Is the W an all suite property like the St Regis? If so, Gold status will no get you an upgrade.

iluvdoco Sep 21, 2018 4:06 pm

Does anyone have any photos of the Garden Villa? I've combed through the TA and Marriott website photos and have seen maybe 1 photo total.

skyeliu Sep 22, 2018 4:43 pm

I think TripAdvisor has couple user photo, from the pics, it is exactly like the beach villa except the fact that it's not by the beach, but I could be wrong.

tylerc Sep 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by skyeliu (Post 30234124)
I think TripAdvisor has couple user photo, from the pics, it is exactly like the beach villa except the fact that it's not by the beach, but I could be wrong.

The layout is identical, but the pool is larger at the GV. The GV is a REALLY nice room - I'm looking forward to staying in it after touring when I visited in 2016.

iluvdoco Sep 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc (Post 30234383)
The layout is identical, but the pool is larger at the GV. The GV is a REALLY nice room - I'm looking forward to staying in it after touring when I visited in 2016.

Thanks tylerc! I see the GV is about 100 sq ft larger than the BV- does that extra square footage go entirely into increasing the pool size?

Has anyone been successful in requesting a late checkout? :D

onlysuites Sep 23, 2018 4:38 am

Originally Posted by tylerc (Post 30234383)

I stayed in the GV and also the OWV earlier this year. I personally liked the GV better. They put me in a OWV which was right on the far side and next to the deeper sea drop and pool was cold all day long. Also there was a lot of wind in this area so I never really felt the heat. I felt the sea was quite rough too. If you are going for a OWV I would suggest the inner facing ones as they get more sun and the sea is a lot calmer.

The GV is massive and so private. The bathroom is huge and the outside shower area is fab.

Each to their own though. If you like spending more time in the sea then go for OWV. I like to spend more in a pool so preferred the GV.

vikasr Sep 23, 2018 1:04 pm

How is the reef at this property and which area has good reef and fish for snorkeling near to the beach or OWV?

tylerc Sep 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco (Post 30234396)
Thanks tylerc! I see the GV is about 100 sq ft larger than the BV- does that extra square footage go entirely into increasing the pool size?

Has anyone been successful in requesting a late checkout? :D

When we visited we did not have to leave our room until the last seaplane flight of the day, which departed around 3pm I believe.

tylerc Sep 23, 2018 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 30235341)
I stayed in the GV and also the OWV earlier this year. I personally liked the GV better. They put me in a OWV which was right on the far side and next to the deeper sea drop and pool was cold all day long. Also there was a lot of wind in this area so I never really felt the heat. I felt the sea was quite rough too. If you are going for a OWV I would suggest the inner facing ones as they get more sun and the sea is a lot calmer.

The GV is massive and so private. The bathroom is huge and the outside shower area is fab.

Each to their own though. If you like spending more time in the sea then go for OWV. I like to spend more in a pool so preferred the GV.

How did you find the temperature of the pool at the GV?

onlysuites Sep 24, 2018 3:36 am

Originally Posted by tylerc (Post 30237423)
How did you find the temperature of the pool at the GV?

Perfect. It got direct sun most of the day.

I am planning on going back next year and will stay in the GV only.

SantiC Sep 24, 2018 6:56 am

Originally Posted by SantiC (Post 30230657)
After reading a lot of this thread and other reviews online, it is still unclear to me whether or not the Sunset OVW Villas are the best option. Reviews point out that the pool can be cold and the waters are rougher and there is more wind. To me, it seems that OVW villas 507, 509, 510, or 511 would be the best options. That way you have a view of the ocean and the island, more privacy versus other OVW villas, you get plenty of sun and a warmer pool, calmer waters, and could even see the sunrise. The worst options definitely seem to be OVW villas 522 to 528. I already have an OVW villa booked, but trying to figure out if we should pay the cash upgrade cost, take an upgrade if offered (Platinum Elite), and what option would best for the OVW villas in general. Anyone have an opinion on this? Thanks!

I've requested Villa 509. This one seems to be the best option.

MalaysianJetSetter Sep 25, 2018 7:54 am

I only want to do a cash upgrade for half of my stay and emailed the hotel about it. Seems they can only upgrade the whole stay or not at all? Anyone else know anything about this?

chongl Sep 25, 2018 9:35 am

Originally Posted by MalaysianJetSetter (Post 30243283)
I only want to do a cash upgrade for half of my stay and emailed the hotel about it. Seems they can only upgrade the whole stay or not at all? Anyone else know anything about this?

That's interesting...I hope that's not the case and we can upgrade just a few nights to experience both the GV and OWV.

That said, I got these prices for upgrade and was thinking about splitting 3 nights/3 nights. I'm wondering if I pony up for the suite since it's about 1,000 square feet larger (not that I need it)

· Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 246.40 per night
· Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 369.60 per night
· Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 616.00 per night

MalaysianJetSetter Sep 25, 2018 9:44 am

This is part of the email I got:

With regards to paid upgrades please take note of the following:

· Room upgrades need to be for the entire duration of your reservation.

· Room upgrades require payment at the time of confirming the upgrade and this payment is on non-refundable basis.

MaldivesFreak Sep 25, 2018 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by MalaysianJetSetter (Post 30243283)

More reprehensible incomprehensibleness from this property. Seems they are trying desperately to rake in as many dollars as possible at the expense of guests' preference and convenience. Certainly reduces their reservations department workload.....