Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by SantiC

Sorry, forgot the most important part. 80k per night for OWV.

3 weeks ago! That so lucky!!! That during the system glitch time.

now it cost 195,000 points per night for OWV....

so so be very careful before u make any changes!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:31 am

Wiki update

Updated the wiki with a Contact Information section containing the general enquiries and reservations email addresses and the phone number of the resort. Also updated the link to the official website now that it's part of Marriott.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:51 pm
Suspended

For those of you who have stayed at St Regis, how much should I budget for the trip?
What would be some good activities to spend money on?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by platinumorwhat
For those of you who have stayed at St Regis, how much should I budget for the trip?
Have a look at the menus in the wiki to get an idea, and the activity list. They haven't changed much since I originally got them from the resort.

It really depends...

I did the dolphin sunset cruise which resulted in no dolphin sightings. I think it was $160 for an hour in a private boat with 2 resort staff. Despite not seeing dolphins, as a boater I was ecstatic to be out on the water in Maldives instead of a lake in Canada. I may do it again when there in a few months, but I better see some dolphins this time!

Last edited by tylerc; Sep 20, 2018 at 5:54 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by platinumorwhat
$150-200 a day if you wanna live on just food and no alcoholic drinks. That's with nothing on top like water sports and spa.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:19 am

Upgrade rates

Just a data point, the cost to upgrade from a standard overwater Villa award to a sunset overwater Villa was quoted to me as $540 per night taxes included.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:06 am

St Regis vs W Maldives

I am considering St R and W for my next vacation in Maldives. In either case I will book the lowest category room (cheapest room) and as a Gold member would hope for an upgrade or else will upgrade by cash for 2 nights to a overwater room.

I assume both hotels would have great rooms and service. However, I am unable to understand what are the main differences that would help me choose one over the other.

I read that W has a much better house reef but is it that StR does not have a house reef? I would like a good reef for snorkeling but the best is not necessary and a decently good reef with fish should be good enough. Apart from that I could not find any other major differences.

Any inputs from someone who has been to both?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by keggers1
Just a data point, the cost to upgrade from a standard overwater Villa award to a sunset overwater Villa was quoted to me as $540 per night taxes included.
Based on a couple inquiries I've made, they appear to be basing upgrade costs off the rate difference during the time of your stay. I'm deciding between a peak season stay and an offseason stay, and during peak season the upgrade cost between Garden and OWV and OWV and sunset were huge, but in the offseason they were only a couple hundred dollars. It might depend on who you talk to, but the costs I was quoted seem to track the cash rate differences pretty closely.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by spgplat21
Based on a couple inquiries I've made, they appear to be basing upgrade costs off the rate difference during the time of your stay. I'm deciding between a peak season stay and an offseason stay, and during peak season the upgrade cost between Garden and OWV and OWV and sunset were huge, but in the offseason they were only a couple hundred dollars. It might depend on who you talk to, but the costs I was quoted seem to track the cash rate differences pretty closely.
The response I received from the Asst. Manager that the upgrade will be around $250 inclusive of tax per night from GV to OWV. I agree that is tie to the cash difference for the current booking.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
IINW all resorts, at least in the Maldives, do the same thing here. You may be able to negotiate down, especially if you are Plat.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:30 pm

I was just able to book a 5 night point stay (through the spg app) in mid January for 48k a night. This was a great deal. It will be my third time there, so maybe they will upgrade my room to the exact suite we had on prior stays, if it’s available.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
I was just able to book a 5 night point stay (through the spg app) in mid January for 48k a night. This was a great deal. It will be my third time there, so maybe they will upgrade my room to the exact suite we had on prior stays, if it’s available.

Which suite? We stayed in an OWV on the outside near JJA estate and the pool was FREEZING. Excellent for privacy, but cold pool that was too cold to use.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:04 pm

If we have a non-sunset OWV booked, then we should opt for 501-516 for **warm pools**? I'm guessing the east-facing OWVs near the St. Regis Suites, e.g. 506, 507, 509, 510, which are most east-facing, will have warm pools due to morning solar exposure?

https://imgur.com/a/bwuuEM3

Last edited by iluvdoco; Sep 21, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by vikasr
I am considering St R and W for my next vacation in Maldives. In either case I will book the lowest category room (cheapest room) and as a Gold member would hope for an upgrade or else will upgrade by cash for 2 nights to a overwater room.

I assume both hotels would have great rooms and service. However, I am unable to understand what are the main differences that would help me choose one over the other.

I read that W has a much better house reef but is it that StR does not have a house reef? I would like a good reef for snorkeling but the best is not necessary and a decently good reef with fish should be good enough. Apart from that I could not find any other major differences.

Any inputs from someone who has been to both?
You might get lucky... but from everything I've read I wouldn't count on Gold status getting you anything in the way of an upgrade here.

Would love to be wrong.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:15 pm

After reading a lot of this thread and other reviews online, it is still unclear to me whether or not the Sunset OVW Villas are the best option. Reviews point out that the pool can be cold and the waters are rougher and there is more wind. To me, it seems that OVW villas 507, 509, 510, or 511 would be the best options. That way you have a view of the ocean and the island, more privacy versus other OVW villas, you get plenty of sun and a warmer pool, calmer waters, and could even see the sunrise. The worst options definitely seem to be OVW villas 522 to 528. I already have an OVW villa booked, but trying to figure out if we should pay the cash upgrade cost, take an upgrade if offered (Platinum Elite), and what option would best for the OVW villas in general. Anyone have an opinion on this? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.