Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Macau & Ritz Carlton [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Macau & Ritz Carlton [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Does RC do upgrades for Platinum?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Just had my first stay at Ritz Carlton Macau and i definitely want to return. I think the food in the lounge was great and I enjoyed the a la carte service. My only complaint about the lounge is that it is not accessible 24 hours like at RC Hong Kong.

Rooms on 52 are scheduled to open later this month. Should be a total of 9 rooms/suites on this floor.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Has anyone tried all 4 Marriott properties (JW, RC, St. Regis, Sheraton)? I'm looking to make my first visit to Macau and they all happen to be the same price so is there a clear cut winner for a Plat family with an 11yo (who is very mature and well behaved)?

Edit: Prices are grossly different and apparently I discovered a bug on their website. But, I'll let the question stand.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Post deleted as I missed this thread comparing the Sheraton to the JW Marriott: Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]

Last edited by Xeno; Mar 13, 2019 at 7:44 am
Old May 9, 2019, 6:50 am

Just had a 2 night award stay at the Ritz Carlton Macau.
Very impressed with the hard product. All rooms are suites and the service by housekeeping is amazing.
Checked out the JW Marriott lobby next door as well and it was nice, but too many people everywhere at all times.

Blows all the Ritz Carltons I’ve stayed in in the US out of the water, but admittedly I haven’t stayed at many.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:38 pm

Anyone stayed at the RC as a Plat on points? What's the cash price to get access to the club lounge? How much for breakfast?

Thanks.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by zzap
Anyone stayed at the RC as a Plat on points? What's the cash price to get access to the club lounge? How much for breakfast?

Thanks.
it's $1500 + 15% service charge on weekdays and $2400 + 15% service charge on weekends
Old May 29, 2019, 7:11 pm

Wonderful, thank you!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:12 pm

I have a points reservation at the Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, for later this month. However, I just noticed that although the paid price difference is significant the points cost is not much of a difference for the Ritz Carlton Macau.

This is for a Ritz Carlton Macau premiere suite that apparently does not include lounge access if I correctly understand the room description. I would prefer a less crowded hotel than the Sheraton, but is there some drawback to the Ritz Carlton Macau that I should consider?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
I have a points reservation at the Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, for later this month. However, I just noticed that although the paid price difference is significant the points cost is not much of a difference for the Ritz Carlton Macau.

This is for a Ritz Carlton Macau premiere suite that apparently does not include lounge access if I correctly understand the room description. I would prefer a less crowded hotel than the Sheraton, but is there some drawback to the Ritz Carlton Macau that I should consider?
good luck getting a points reservation at RC Macau. it's my understanding that there are no points reservations available the rest of 2019.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by hawaiiansports
good luck getting a points reservation at RC Macau. it's my understanding that there are no points reservations available the rest of 2019.
RC was available for my dates but I stuck with the Sheraton which was a good choice for me.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Delete

Last edited by ElevatorEnthusiast; Jun 28, 2023 at 11:09 am
Old Jun 28, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Is the waterpark open in the winter? I'll be there in January but can't seem to find the answer online. Also, is there a special check-in area for Elites? I've read that the check-in area can be quite busy as the hotel is huge.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Mod team, can we please remove the Ritz name from this thread - there is a dedicated thread on the RC at The Ritz-Carlton, Macau [Master Thread]
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Norexan
Is the waterpark open in the winter? I'll be there in January but can't seem to find the answer online. Also, is there a special check-in area for Elites? I've read that the check-in area can be quite busy as the hotel is huge.
I was there in March, so not quite winter, but they were doing some work to waterpark and only one outdoor pool was open. I checked in/out in the lounge on the 2nd(?) floor.
Norexan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.