Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Chicago Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Hotel Chicago Downtown [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by KRS
Any recent experiences at this property?

Heading to Chicago in October and got good BRG/LNF rates at this property as well as at The Tremont; wondering which one to keep...
Recently stayed at the Tremont as an SPG Platinum and I would only stay there again if I needed to be near the location or if the price was right. Room itself was ok but the bathroom was a disgrace. It was clean but the fixtures and cabinets were so old it was almost funny. If you want more details on the property I would look at the property thread in the SPG forum. Overall people usually pick the property because the price is too good to pass up for the location.

I can't comment on the AC because I haven't stayed there since it changed from a 4 Points. Location comparable to the Tremont if you want to be near the Mag Mile.
KRS likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:06 pm

Avoid Hotel Chicago AC collection

Awful stay at Hotel Chicago AC collection

No platinum recognition
Old tired room
Awful concierge lounge
Had a problem and received snarky reply from Front desk manager
Wrote a review 1/5 stars
Received a form letter thanking me for feedback but not addressing any issues
Then charged for minibar I didn't have
Then told they would "refund the Sprite I drunk"
All in all its a badly run property with poor customer service
Stay at your own risk
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Awful stay at Hotel Chicago AC collection

No platinum recognition
Old tired room
Awful concierge lounge
Had a problem and received snarky reply from Front desk manager
Wrote a review 1/5 stars
Received a form letter thanking me for feedback but not addressing any issues
Then charged for minibar I didn't have
Then told they would "refund the Sprite I drunk"
All in all its a badly run property with poor customer service
Stay at your own risk
Please note that this is the thread for The Blackstone, not the Hotel Chicago - they are two different Autograph Collection properties. It wouldn't be fair for someone to see this review and hold it against The Blackstone since it's in this thread.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
Please note that this is the thread for The Blackstone, not the Hotel Chicago - they are two different Autograph Collection properties. It wouldn't be fair for someone to see this review and hold it against The Blackstone since it's in this thread.
The title of the thread is AC Hotel Chicago Downtown. So based on the title, you are mistaken. There is a Marriott brand called AC Hotels, and there is an AC Hotel on Rush Street in Downtown Chicago. Based on the title of the thread, this has nothing to do with the Autograph Collection.

AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
The title of the thread is AC Hotel Chicago Downtown. So based on the title, you are mistaken. There is a Marriott brand called AC Hotels, and there is an AC Hotel on Rush Street in Downtown Chicago. Based on the title of the thread, this has nothing to do with the Autograph Collection.

AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Alright, either I was totally lost when I posted this or one of the mods moved a post as I was responding, because I was sure this was in the thread for the Blackstone when I first read it.

But either way:I think the post I quoted was referring to the Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection.
And this thread is supposed to be for the AC Hotel Chicago Downtown.

AC Hotels and Autograph Collection get mixed up fairly often for obvious reasons, but these two are very different properties. Negative reviews of the Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection seem pretty common. If the person who posted the review wants to clarify though, that would be great!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Alright, either I was totally lost when I posted this or one of the mods moved a post as I was responding, because I was sure this was in the thread for the Blackstone when I first read it.
I alerted a mod to move the post that you had replied to --- since that's the only way to get the post out of the wrong thread and into the correct thread. When you first responded, the post you referenced was in the Blackstone thread.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

But either way:I think the post I quoted was referring to the Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection.
And this thread is supposed to be for the AC Hotel Chicago Downtown.

AC Hotels and Autograph Collection get mixed up fairly often for obvious reasons, but these two are very different properties. Negative reviews of the Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection seem pretty common. If the person who posted the review wants to clarify though, that would be great!
Actually, I don't believe the Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection, gets many bad reviews at all. I stay there regularly, and have always been very pleased with all aspects of the hotel. I have seen pretty negative reviews of the AC hotel in Chicago though.

Agree that the 2 hotels get mixed up a lot due to their names. To be absolutely clear, the one I like is adjacent to the House of Blues on Dearborn St.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by dgreen12
I alerted a mod to move the post that you had replied to --- since that's the only way to get the post out of the wrong thread and into the correct thread. When you first responded, the post you referenced was in the Blackstone thread.
Thanks dgreen12, now it makes more sense!

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Actually, I don't believe the Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection, gets many bad reviews at all. I stay there regularly, and have always been very pleased with all aspects of the hotel. I have seen pretty negative reviews of the AC hotel in Chicago though. Agree that the 2 hotels get mixed up a lot due to their names. To be absolutely clear, the one I like is adjacent to the House of Blues on Dearborn St.
Now that I'm looking back at some of the ones I read on yelp, tripadvisor, and other sites, I think this may be the issue with a lot of the reviews, I really can't be sure which property some of them are referring too. Oh well, I'll stick with what I know firsthand: The Blackstone was great for my last stay, maybe I'll give the Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection, another look next time I'm in town!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Actually, I don't believe the Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection, gets many bad reviews at all. I stay there regularly, and have always been very pleased with all aspects of the hotel. I have seen pretty negative reviews of the AC hotel in Chicago though.

Agree that the 2 hotels get mixed up a lot due to their names. To be absolutely clear, the one I like is adjacent to the House of Blues on Dearborn St.
The "business centre" at the Hotel Chicago is literally two PC's without chairs in the main lobby and a printer. FWIW I'm rather disappointed with that. Even Best Westerns have better business centres than that...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Smiley90
The "business centre" at the Hotel Chicago is literally two PC's without chairs in the main lobby and a printer. FWIW I'm rather disappointed with that. Even Best Westerns have better business centres than that...
Are you referring to the Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection. or the AC Hotel Chicago Downtown? This thread is regarding the latter. Marriott does make it easy to mix up the two, however.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Are you referring to the Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection. or the AC Hotel Chicago Downtown? This thread is regarding the latter. Marriott does make it easy to mix up the two, however.
The post I was quoting was referring to the former, which is also what I was responding to. (I believe at least that it was) It really rather confusing though, even more so as this forum doesn't seem to have a thread on the former hotel at all, and this is the only result that pops up...
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Considering a stay at the AC Chicago this Friday with my family (wife and two sons 13&14). Going back and forth between the AC and the Springhill Suites...both about the same price.
What is the amenity for Titanium? Does it include breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.