Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:14 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by jada135
How many points is it a night?
C'mon. Really? You want us to look it up for you rather than looking it up yourself? Really?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:29 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Sounds like a good plan.

My guess is this bump will get the OP checking to see if I answered the question.

Sorry, OP.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: aa
Whats the big deal if somebody been here before whats so hard to say i paid 15k a night or 20 k i wasn't asking for a answer to a algebra problem.Somebody said they have just came back from a 5 day stay so i asked how much points was it a night.Some people here on flyertalk really need to fix there attitudes.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Pretty sure it's a CAT5 = 12k-16k per night.

Also, a resort fee daily

A quick call to SPG will answer all of the OP's questions.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Pretty sure it's a CAT5 = 12k-16k per night.

Also, a resort fee daily

A quick call to SPG will answer all of the OP's questions.
thank you very much
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I was just able to book 2 rooms at $90/day and 4,800 pts/day each. Great deal for a great property! I'm quite happy to get the reservation before the C&P hike!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by dbqwags
I was just able to book 2 rooms at $90/day and 4,800 pts/day each. Great deal for a great property! I'm quite happy to get the reservation before the C&P hike!
I wouldn't call it "great" but reasonable prop. Definitely expensive. C&P are rarely available there (unless in lowest season). Good deal!^
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:06 pm

What time of year? Did you have to call to book the C&P rate? (I don't see it listed on starwood.com.)
Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:58 pm

A great deal at a property that could/should be great, but unfortunately underwhelms more often than not. I would LOVE to see this property live up to its potential. Cayman is one of my very few exceptions to *wood.

Cheers,
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Anyone have recent experience with the alternate amenity for plats for the resort fee wifi?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Staying here right now (checked in today), and so far have been refused an alternative amenity by front desk staff for the resort fee ($35/day, includes internet). Am planning to speak with the manager later, but would appreciate any help the Lurkers can offer as well.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Staying here right now (checked in today), and so far have been refused an alternative amenity by front desk staff for the resort fee ($35/day, includes internet). Am planning to speak with the manager later, but would appreciate any help the Lurkers can offer as well.
Well that was quick. Got a call from somebody at the front desk (described himself as a senior front desk associate) who said he had taken care of the resort fee as a courtesy. And got an offer to upgrade us to a higher floor (we were initially upgraded to a 2nd floor pool/ocean view, with the ocean view obstructed by trees, and were offered a further upgrade to the 5th floor).

Good start to the stay.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Hyperacusis -- can you comment on other aspects of your stay? My wife & I are heading here in March. How does the property look after the renovation? Service? Were you upgraded or had you booked the partial ocean view?

Thanks! Hope you have a great time.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Well that was quick. Got a call from somebody at the front desk (described himself as a senior front desk associate) who said he had taken care of the resort fee as a courtesy. And got an offer to upgrade us to a higher floor (we were initially upgraded to a 2nd floor pool/ocean view, with the ocean view obstructed by trees, and were offered a further upgrade to the 5th floor).

Good start to the stay.
Try the fish tacos at the Sunshine Grill, behind the plaza across the street. And a 'Painkiller', if you're a drinking man.

Cheers,
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1k; MR Platinum; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by enigmamatt
Hyperacusis -- can you comment on other aspects of your stay? My wife & I are heading here in March. How does the property look after the renovation? Service? Were you upgraded or had you booked the partial ocean view?

Thanks! Hope you have a great time.
-Property is generally pretty bad about upgrades.

-Can't speak to how it is today, but last Spring the property was in great shape post-renovations compared to before. I have stayed at the Westin many times over the years, but the renovations really did make a big difference. I ended up with a pretty clear comparison after I was there ~2 times in the months post renovation + ~2 times in the months prior to renovation.

-Service... can be hit or miss. There are some truly fantastic people, but it certainly has its fair share of duds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.