Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Does anyone know how much longer construction is going to take? We were thinking of subscribing to the opera and staying nightly when in town for the shows.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Does anyone know how much longer construction is going to take? We were thinking of subscribing to the opera and staying nightly when in town for the shows.
A notice on their website says they will unveil their rooms in Dec 2015, though there are about 40% of the floors renovated. If the trend continues, by October, there should be about 75-80% will be completed.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (life gold);UA 1K; IC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by neuron
A notice on their website says they will unveil their rooms in Dec 2015, though there are about 40% of the floors renovated. If the trend continues, by October, there should be about 75-80% will be completed.
I was there a couple weeks ago and they were on the 27th floor working their way down. Agent said they were on track for completion in November/December. But at this point, if you have gold/platinum you should be able to get into one of the renovated rooms.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fraz2007
I was there a couple weeks ago and they were on the 27th floor working their way down. Agent said they were on track for completion in November/December. But at this point, if you have gold/platinum you should be able to get into one of the renovated rooms.
Agreed... I'm on the 38th floor now and all you hear is light noise during the day. More disturbing than the renovations are the housekeepers who knock knock knock on every door around you all AM yelling "housekeeping".
Old Jun 28, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Slvr, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5star
what changes?

Any comments on the quality of the renovations/changes?

Especially curious about the Parlour Suites, but appreciate any general notes.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
12" sinks are still in renovated rooms - very small. There is also limited countertop space in the bathroom around the sink, hard to fit all your toiletries.
Tragic!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I was in one of the renovated rooms on my recent stay. The carpet was already stained (and not vacuumed). The renovated room seemed to be my "platinum upgrade". Not impressed.

They did put outlets by the bed, which is a major upgrade. But, there is almost no counter space in the bathrooms and the windows no longer open (although this change was made before the room overhaul). Carpets and walls are a light brown colour now. Dull and boring.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: AMEX, AEROPLAN
this is the worst hotel I ever stayed in SPG properties.
1. booked club floor, but upon checked in, hubby asked for lower floor (he didn't know it was club floor) The front desk didn't remind him about the benefit on club floor with lounge access and free breakfast at all. He has to ask front desk 2nd day if he can get a free breakfast.

2. Upon checked out, the front desk can't find our reservation in the system and cannot tell if the hotel room has been paid or not. It was booked on spg online and secured with my amex. Also provided amex on check in. Received folio few hours before check out time. The front desk even asked hubby to provide proof of the payment! Is this guest's job??

3. I reported this to general manager, and the front desk manager called me back. He did apologized, but I found it very insulted! He offered me free breakfast for next stay at their hotel!!!!! what a joke?! Paid over $300 for the hotel which I could've booked hilton for hubby. We have gold membership with automatically give free breakfast and complementary upgrade if available.

very disappointed. Please just be aware if you are staying here.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I concur. I hated this hotel. One of the worst I've stayed at. The only one that was worse was the Sheraton in Charlotte, NC by the airport. Stay away from these properties.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:28 am

Anyone stayed here recently?

We are staying here August for 6 nights and we have 3 rooms booked.

I am spg gold so wondering what the treatment is like?

I believe the club lounge doesn't serve alcohol due to Ontario Licensing laws...is that true?

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:23 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I'll be staying here this weekend, most likely. I'll let you know.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:38 am

Nice one thanks ....their refurbishment is all complete they say

Originally Posted by remymartin
I'll be staying here this weekend, most likely. I'll let you know.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:37 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
I believe the club lounge doesn't serve alcohol due to Ontario Licensing laws...is that true?
No. There is just about a full bar in the club lounge. Drinks menu with prices is usually on tables or on request. Sodas and water are free.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
Nice one thanks ....their refurbishment is all complete they say
Sorry - BRG claim was denied so I cancelled and will be staying at the Westin Castle instead!
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
This is a good hotel. We have stayed many times. Haven't had too many problems. Two kinds of Suites - an open concept, and one with a separate living room. I much prefer those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.