Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Be aware that the hotel is undergoing refurbishment starting in a few days.

"Refurbishment: July 11 - August 29, 2016

From July 11 through August 29, 2016, the hotel will be undergoing refurbishment and remodeling. During this time, the following closures will take place:

Club Lounge will be relocated to another area of the hotel"
Knowing this hotel's history, I'm sure they will handle this well.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Stayed at the Andaz during our trip over new year's but moved over here the night before our 7:30am flight to LHR and it was great. My wife booked this and didn't even realize the hotel was actually connected to the terminal! In the morning we managed to go from room to BA lounge in like 30 minutes. ^^

Room is fine, very Sheraton business vibe-like. Wish the AC controls displayed temp instead of some imprecise cold-hot spectrum but even on the most "cold" setting the room was pretty warm.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:00 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by michaelpop
Stayed at the Andaz during our trip over new year's but moved over here the night before our 7:30am flight to LHR and it was great. My wife booked this and didn't even realize the hotel was actually connected to the terminal! In the morning we managed to go from room to BA lounge in like 30 minutes. ^^
Good to hear- we have a 1 night stay coming up here in February during a layover-- last time we stayed there was years ago, also on a single night stay.

On that trip we had an awesome 5 night visit at the Pulitzer. At the time, the area manager for all of the Amsterdam hotels was Kurt Renold. He was awesome and participated in this forum. IIRC we were upgraded to a really nice room at this hotel (and an amazing one at the Pulitzer). We are so sad Pulitzer left SPG, but glad this hotel is still part of Starwood.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:54 pm

How does this hotel compared to the renovated Hilton just a few minutes of walk away?

I am deciding between this one and Hilton for a transit stay in May. Which one offers better airport runway view?

I am Hilton Gold and SPG Gold (with SPG Business AmEx, so I can access club lounge, if that makes a difference between staying at Sheraton or Hilton)...
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's also a new Citizen M hotel at AMS. It's right on the airport property but requires walking outside for about a two blocks, one of which can be done under a roof. The place looks somewhat like an aloft with lots of interesting lobby space for socializing and IKEA style furnishings.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:23 am

Just stayed here, I like the hotel a lot, but the internet access portal is incredibly frustrating. Over the course of a morning (8am-midday), I was requested nine times to re-enter my room number and name into my phone. Non-SPG guests get four hours of access before requiring to re-enter their number, although on my experience getting anywhere near four hours is nigh on impossible.

I was trying to get a morning of work in during a 24 hour layover and it proved extremely frustrating, not insurmountable but frustrating. I mentioned it on check out and the reception said that many people complain about it. Whatever access control portal they are using is far too aggressive.

If I'm staying here again on a layover, I'll stay at the Hilton where one name/number entry successfully served me for 48 hours last time I was there.

It's a minor thing, but there isn't much between them - if you take it out I'd pick the Sheraton simply for being closer, but for a modern business hotel to have such an aggressive system is ridiculous.
rickg523 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:18 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I am considering staying here in the coming weeks. How extensive is the evening food service in the club lounge? Is it enough to pass as a meal, or is it really only snacks?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by cbellero
I am considering staying here in the coming weeks. How extensive is the evening food service in the club lounge? Is it enough to pass as a meal, or is it really only snacks?
The food is very good. Borderline if it will pass as a meal but during my last stay I did that.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:23 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Another followup question: do the family rooms and suites have a closing door for the bedroom? We would like to ensure we have privacy from the third person on the sofa bed.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
The food is very good. Borderline if it will pass as a meal but during my last stay I did that.
It’s not bad. Very poor platinum recognition at this hotel however and they are wizards at coming up with all sorts of excuses why an upgraded room available to purchase could not be provided. I’ve had much better luck staying in town at either SPG Marriott or Hilton properties
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Productivity
Just stayed here, I like the hotel a lot, but the internet access portal is incredibly frustrating. Over the course of a morning (8am-midday)
Total agreement. Nice rooms, convenient location, but really, really whack internet access.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:10 pm

That too.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:06 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Usuallyin7A
Very poor platinum recognition at this hotel however...
Just had a stay this past weekend, thought my Plat treatment was stellar. Terrific top / club floor room overlooking Schiphol (room 853). Room was away from lounge so no hallway traffic noise. Early check in (noon). Lounge breakfast was more than adequate with hot items. Will absolutely stay at this property again when I have flight out of AMS.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:41 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Just had a stay this past weekend, thought my Plat treatment was stellar. Terrific top / club floor room overlooking Schiphol (room 853). Room was away from lounge so no hallway traffic noise. Early check in (noon). Lounge breakfast was more than adequate with hot items. Will absolutely stay at this property again when I have flight out of AMS.
Ditto. Jailer and I (both of us have your status level) stayed there Sunday night. As airport hotels go, this property is a superstar.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:02 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
We had a brief one night stay at the Sheraton in early October. Since we had a 7:30am departure the next day we decided to stay close to the airport and not have to bother with a hotel shuttle or taxi in the morning.

The hotel location is good, literally steps from the airport. Also the airport concourse has numerous options for food. In general the hotel was so-so. We were given a room on the executive floor but besides being on the floor itself, it was an ordinary room. The room (and property) could also use a refresh in some places - the room was showing it's age with a lot of dings. However this was not such a big issue.

I was surprised to find the club lounge not as great as others have commented. Selection of beer was limited to just one and the other drinks and snacks were not too plentiful. Maybe we just came on the wrong night, but the main warm dishes were a few processed meats which reminded me of something from my school cafeteria days. We ended up going to the airport to find some other food options.

A few pictures from our trip: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...airport-hotel/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.