Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queens Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Mridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Mridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by helvetic
My pick so far for best free platinum drinks at a hotel (having not tried the SGS) is actually the Le Meridien BKK's Bamboo Bar. I don't think I've stayed anywhere else that provides a full bar setting HH with craft cocktails as free drinks. But then again, I really need to try the SGS because it sounds like that's something it excels at.
I have been to both LM and SGS. While LM has indeed great cocktails and might be your preference if we only focus on cocktails, there is only one venue for drinks at LM while SGS has 3. BarSu is an upscale bar which also caters to non-hotel guests and is popular with some local celebrities which you can spot there on occasion. Bamboo Bar is not in the same league in my opinion - it is more like a hotel bar whereas BarSu is a notch above. I also like the drinks by the pool at SGS and the Library.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:21 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So, I'm a little less impressed by the Surawongse after a couple days. There were a couple services failures since then:

They kindly moved me to a suite yesterday since it became available. Nice, but the execution of that move was entirely botched. I packed up my luggage and told them I had done so when leaving for the day, so they could move us to the new suite. When I returned at 8pm, the move had not been executed, despite the room being ready. They gave me the new keys and said they'd send someone to move our luggage over while we were at HH at the club lounge. That was eventually done, but they missed an item (a brightly colored water gun). There were two in the same location in the room and somehow they only got one of them. I followed up with them after arriving late last night and I was promised they'd look into it… but have yet to hear back.

Thank god it's not something important… but I'm still rather annoyed at how they can screw up something like this.

Also, the pool is packed with rids and service for drinks is extremely slow. This hotel seems popular with families, which I see as a big downside.

The location, on the other hand, hasnt' bothered me one bit. Absolutely zero traffic during Songkran and easy enough to get around from here. I even walked to Sathorn pier in 20min yesterday.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:24 am

This hotel seems popular with families, which I see as a big downside.
I suspect it is particularly so during Songkran, but maybe less of an issue at other times during the year.

Were there many children in the lounge during happy hour as well?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:29 am

Is it possible to walk directly between Waldorf and Renaissance? Therefore avoiding to go all the way up to the main road / BTS line before coming back down...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by escape4
I suspect it is particularly so during Songkran, but maybe less of an issue at other times during the year.

Were there many children in the lounge during happy hour as well?
I don't recall seeing any during HH or if there were they certainly weren't noisy or bothersome. There were some during lounge breakfast.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
None of the other properties have the range of food, beverage, and entertainment venues that SGS has. Nor do I feel as warmly welcomed anywhere else by staff throughout the hotel - from spa to Sala to Living Room to Rossini's . . . I am welcomed back as an old friend. I also think they have the best room service Thai

I am well aware of SGS's limitations, particularly the rooms (excepting the theme suites) and pool, yet find myself booking again and again because the overall experience is best for me.
Of around 200 + nights in Bangkok I have probably eaten in a hotel restaurant less than 10 times (other than breakfast), never used a spa, never had room service and whilst the girls in the bar at the LM remembered me I would be clueless about who any of the staff in any hotels are. Give me a comfortable room, a good breakfast, some evening snacks and a couple of drinks is optional, central location, interesting surrounding area and good internet and I am happy. I am easily satisfied and difficult to wow.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:22 am

I don't recall seeing any during HH or if there were they certainly weren't noisy or bothersome. There were some during lounge breakfast.
Following up I am at the club lounge for evening snacks and drinks. There are definitely kids here (maybe 3 families) but they're well behaved.

The evening spread is truly impressive in its breadth and quality.

This is easily my favorite club lounge in BKK.

They also finally resolved the missing water guns issue. It should not have taken 24h, but late is better than never.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
My pick so far for best free platinum drinks at a hotel (having not tried the SGS) is actually the Le Meridien BKK's Bamboo Bar. I don't think I've stayed anywhere else that provides a full bar setting HH with craft cocktails as free drinks. But then again, I really need to try the SGS because it sounds like that's something it excels at.
How recently have you been at LM Bamboo Chic bar? The head bartender there, whom everyone loved, left the hotel maybe a year ago, or slightly more. The staff there is professional and certainly can make decent drinks; but they're not full-time professional bartenders.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
How recently have you been at LM Bamboo Chic bar? The head bartender there, whom everyone loved, left the hotel maybe a year ago, or slightly more. The staff there is professional and certainly can make decent drinks; but they're not full-time professional bartenders.
It's been longer than a year. If what you say is true, it is very sad news.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
It's been longer than a year. If what you say is true, it is very sad news.
I think that Jackie is now at the Park Hyatt.

Nuchy had left as she had a baby and I heard that she might come back, but I'm not sure that this will happen..

The 'iconic' original team has been gradually replaced by a new one (some have been working at BBC for quite some time and one was previously at Latitude, left the hotel and came back to work at the bar) that only works at Bamboo Chic.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by fast passenger
For those who have stayed at the Marriott Soi 57 hotel (not the executive apartments)the room aircon is good and strong, right?

I'm set to check in to an executive room (not a suite) on Sunday. However, I will definitely cancel in favor of another hotel (thinking the new Hyatt Regency?) if the room A/C is known to be weak. April is no time to be playing games with climate control in Thailand!
Just to follow up: air conditioning is not a problem in this hotel! I don't think the room was good, though.

Even though I booked a room with lounge access, it was small. There was a persistent smell of sewage from the drain in the toilet cubicle. The king mattress was worn out and had two distinct valleys in itI had to lie in the exact middle of the bed to get any firmness. The bathroom fixtures were the kind you'd find in a cheap home renovation. For example, I kept on knocking the only towel hook off of the wall since it was of the flimsy "easy attach" variety that you'd buy at the hardware store.

I would not stay at this hotel again.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:39 am

How does one get the B3G1 rate?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Just had a stay at the Marriott 57. Booked 17.5K standard room and upgraded to high floor, exec corner room. Offerings in Lounge were good although didn't use too much. Was offered breakfast in main restaurant if wanted however both options were good. Roof top bar crapped me out a bit. Seems the approach of vertigo as age moves forward. 20% dining discount on all F&B outlets. Like the location and would probably stay again.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Cplusplus
How does one get the B3G1 rate?
Book it on marriott.com
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:57 pm

Article in today’s Bangkok Post suggesting that Marriott plans to double the number of properties in Thailand over 3-5 years ( currently 44). Quotes Asia-PAC MD, Rajeev Menon, light on detail other than specific mention of Moxy and Fairfield.
Kalboz likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.