Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:18 am
kkl

Originally Posted by Kacee
I was just pre-upgraded to Caroline Astor Suite, which is one of the nicer hotel rooms I've ever seen YMMV

I hear you though on keeping up with the new build luxury properties. Though from what I hear, both WA and PH are overall less appealing than the best Marriott options.
Wow never been preupgraded to a Caroline Astor before. Although my stays are always on points.

Done over 50 nights over the past 3 years
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:21 am
kkl

Originally Posted by barracuda93
I have stayed at Athenee few days back and it is way above Marquis, LM or Westin. Everything is better, from Suites to lounge food and alcohol choices. No comparison. Athenee shines.
Swapped to Athenee at the very last minute. Glad I did. Received prestige corner room

Currently at the lounge. Very wide spread of food and alcohol. Better than Marriott osaka imo
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was just pre-upgraded to Caroline Astor Suite, which is one of the nicer hotel rooms I've ever seen YMMV
I was pre-upgraded to a Caroline Astor Suite before (from a lower category suite booking rather than a regular room, however), but I was subsequently downgraded again before check in.

Don't get me wrong, there are things about the St. Regis that are truly excellent.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:17 am
kkl

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I was pre-upgraded to a Caroline Astor Suite before (from a lower category suite booking rather than a regular room, however), but I was subsequently downgraded again before check in.

Don't get me wrong, there are things about the St. Regis that are truly excellent.
I'd say the only weak aspect is the 1 drink per night coupon. Everything else is great imo.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kkl

I'd say the only weak aspect is the 1 drink per night coupon. Everything else is great imo.
If you want the full list from me: there are breakfasts I like better elsewhere (Rossini's, the huge Athenee buffet), I've yet to receive a particularly impressive upgrade at the St. Regis but acknowledge others have it seems, service (and drinks quality to an extent) in the bar isn't up to the standard it should be, furniture is not my style and is also a bit chipped/worn in places now I find, I also question housekeeping slightly as I wasn't hugely impressed to find lipstick marks on the reverse of the pillowcase last time I stayed there.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
They're trying to pull that garbage on me right now.

I got the CA suite last time I was here (but I was booked into St. Regis Suite, so it was only one category upgrade).
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:42 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Did you try the Exclusive Evening Cocktail at MMQP's dining venues?

Report is expected at the MMQP thread!
Sadly, it's only for elites with families, who aren't otherwise allowed to use the lounge.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:29 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Posted the full review of the Marriott Marquis Queen's Park: Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]
Kalboz likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I have stayed at Athenee few days back and it is way above Marquis, LM or Westin. Everything is better, from Suites to lounge food and alcohol choices. No comparison. Athenee shines.
Can you say compare it to the newly renovated JW? We want to use our 7 night cert stay in Athenee, but we are torn between the JW location which might seem closer to the BTS. Either way, we want to be in the Central World/Chit Lom area.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Can you say compare it to the newly renovated JW? We want to use our 7 night cert stay in Athenee, but we are torn between the JW location which might seem closer to the BTS. Either way, we want to be in the Central World/Chit Lom area.
Haven't been to JW. At least from what I see on photos, it is not the best JW.

Athenee is perhaps slightly closer both to Central World and to BTS.
JW is closer to Nana (if that may be of interest), but Athenee is 40 THB taxi ride from Nana (and cheaper with Grab), so I don't think it's decisive factor. If Nana in a walking distance isn't a concern, I would say Athenee location is significantly better.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Haven't been to JW. At least from what I see on photos, it is not the best JW.

Athenee is perhaps slightly closer both to Central World and to BTS.
JW is closer to Nana (if that may be of interest), but Athenee is 40 THB taxi ride from Nana (and cheaper with Grab), so I don't think it's decisive factor. If Nana in a walking distance isn't a concern, I would say Athenee location is significantly better.
Ok Thanks! Athenee it is for us then!

We stayed at the Conrad last year, and would walk past into the Athenee lobby from the BTS, and I have to say we are rather excited to stay at this property..
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Beware that the renovation at the JW isn't complete so you may not get one of the newer rooms unless you book specifically into one. Over the past few months I've been upgraded to both a renovated suite which was really nice and a non renovated suite which was huge but older style.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by helvetic
Sadly, it's only for elites with families, who aren't otherwise allowed to use the lounge.
Sorry to hear this - I wasn't aware of the rule as my family enjoyed happy hour at the lounge nightly without issues. My kids, however, are well behaved and I allow them to use their electronics (tablets, Nintendo Switch, etc.) while in the lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:33 am

The renovations at the JW are not complete so you might end up in a less than desirable room. Stayed at the JW recently and only really enjoyed the dinner at the lounge and the breakfast in the restaurant. The rest was subpar compared to BKK's current premier hotels. Maybe that'll change after the renovation is complete.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:41 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Same distance (400 meters) between either the JWM or the Plaza Athenee to Ploenchit BTS Station. Walking to Central World/Chitlom area, however, the PA is closer. From the JWM to Ploenchit BTS, you can also use the 2nd floor skywalk to Ploenchit Center mall closer to the BTS which would make the walk more tolerable. Nana BTS is 500 m. from the JWM but in the opposite directions in case you want to go to Asok, Phrom Phong, and beyond.

2nd floor connector between the JWM and Ploenchit Center

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.