Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:51 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
That looks fantastic. I'm rather blown away by the generosity with which this hotel implements elite benefits — and from a giant convention Marriott of all places!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I'll take my commentary over to the official thread, and hopefully have a more full review by the end of the stay, but so far color me impressed.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I also frankly don't get the gushing over MMQP.
Check out the post #257 by NYCtraveler over at MMQP, he's not gushing quite so much.. Apparently there are "cheesy massage parlors" over there! So seedy!!! YMMV.. haha

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:47 am

For the record, the platinum happy hour outside of the club is only for families with children, who aren't allowed to be in the club during happy hour time.

This club continues to impress me. A lot of options and variety.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kalo93406
Check out the post #257 by NYCtraveler over at MMQP, he's not gushing quite so much.. Apparently there are "cheesy massage parlors" over there! So seedy!!! YMMV.. haha

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]
Yes - Soi 22 is not Soi Cowboy, but as a single guy, I definitely get girls yelling at me from across the street. Towards the Sukhumvit end, they can get pretty aggressive.

I also felt the breakfast in the lounge was low to mediocre quality. Certainly not in the same league as, for example, Orchid Cafe at SGS. Someone else mentioned low ceilings in the rooms which I also noticed. I was treated well as a Plat, with upgrade to Marquis suite.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:46 am

I tried the club breakfast so far, and for a club, it seemed fine, but it's up to the standard of a restaurant breakfast. I'll probably try the restaurant tomorrow since my rate includes breakfast.

Few club breakfasts have truly impressed me, except for the Prince Gallery's amazing Chef's Egg
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
After a long day in the hot city, you can always stop in for a massage walking back soi 22 to Queen's Park.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by kalo93406
I won't say which hotel is better, but the MMQP obviously should be better just based on the hotel type, but many of your points are not exactly accurate.
  • The breakfast at the Eatery with limited options but ok. *** Not at all limited and why would you say this? It's one of the most varied breakfasts I've had in 100 nights the past year. I'm not going to detail all the reasons it's not limited, but IT's NOT.
  • No real upgrade possibility (Hardly any Platinum recognition) *** Upgraded to suite all 4 nights on 1st stay, 2 of four nights on 2nd stay. Other benefits. 1 item of laundry (wash and press)each day, 1 hour anytime happy hour, coffee drinks any time at the eatery.(including iced coffee).
  • Low rise so not really good views. *** This point is right. Some views are fine though.
  • No club lounge so no real happy hour at the 4P. They give you one (or 2) beer and no food at all at their pub. *** Not accurate. Platinum+ get one hour of free drinks at the pool bar. In some ways it's better as you can pick your hour between 4 and midnight. Yes there is no free food in the evening hours, but honestly I just overeat when I have to much free food. I'm sort of happy when I don't have food all day long. Platinum+ also get coffee all day in the Eatery if desired.
  • The hard product is weak as many FTers have complained about the 4P shower water pressure, the faulty faucet design (splash), and flood susceptibility after taking a shower. *** I didn't have any of these issues, but I'll say the shower is small in standard rooms. The suite shower was large and perfect. There are probably areas where the 4P is weaker for sure though.
  • Small rooftop pool (8th floor) but direct sun exposure. *** Poor point as the pool isn't that small and considering the number of rooms at each hotel the MMQP should be at least 4 times larger which it's not. Also during my stays the pool wasn't that busy and there were always lounge chairs available.
  • They have tuk-tuk shuttle to the nearest BTS station and a back door if you want to avoid the seedy scene or the Indian tailors *** These "seedy" issues people bring up are just ridiculous. It's Bangkok!
I'm sure the MMQP is better than Four Points in many ways. Right now it's $50/night w/taxes higher for nights I checked. The $50 might be a good value for some, but not all. Seems like you might get access to the lounge for all of your family when it really should just be for two people? Anyway your points were off some IMO. I'd like to try the MMQP though.. Cheers..
agree on all points, while adding that the staff, many of whom have been there from the start, are fantastic.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Guys, how would you compare SGS and St Regis ? I am a Titanium (Plat Premier) and will be using my Suite Awards (hopefully to improve my chances of an upgrade).
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by 1k650
Guys, how would you compare SGS and St Regis ? I am a Titanium (Plat Premier) and will be using my Suite Awards (hopefully to improve my chances of an upgrade).
If the room quality is important the the STR, if happy hours and the like is important the SGS. You should have a good stay at either.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They are really different. I agree with geminimidreams comments. I would add that St. Regis is very sedate, with a hushed atmosphere. SGS is much more bustling. The pools are also quite different. SGS is tropical garden setting, can be hard to find sun. St. Regis it's an infinity pool on the roof with full sun and nice view of the sports club. I think the food overall is better at SGS, especially Thai if you're ever inclined to order room service. Locations are also pretty different, with SGS right in the heart of Sukhumvit and connected to skyway. St. Regis location is also very good, but it's a bit longer walk to the shopping and for BTS you need to connect at Siam to ride Sukhumvit line.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It seems to divide the board with some strong opinions on each side. Both are relatively good hotels in any case - I'd say major service disappointments seem to be more frequent at the St Regis, but a lot of people dislike the SGS hard product. Personally, having stayed at almost all the legacy SPG hotels in Bangkok, I'll always stay at the SGS if I can afford it and try to book on points if I cannot.
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:36 pm
kkl

Finishing up a 5 night stay at STR. Been a perfect stay, no devaluations of plat benefits since Feb bonvoy.

Have an extra 1 night stay at Athenee but decided to cancel it and move to marquis. Both car 4 award redemptions

Fingers crossed made the right decision
Aventine likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
It seems to divide the board with some strong opinions on each side. Both are relatively good hotels in any case - I'd say major service disappointments seem to be more frequent at the St Regis, but a lot of people dislike the SGS hard product. Personally, having stayed at almost all the legacy SPG hotels in Bangkok, I'll always stay at the SGS if I can afford it and try to book on points if I cannot.
I'd have definitely agreed with this other up until the tail end of 2018. Since then I've experienced service issues creeping in at SGS which levels the playing field somewhat. For me, I was extremely loyal to the SGS purely due to their outstanding service and loyalty recognition despite the hard product being pretty far from my taste. Now both of these are on the wane I feel there's more justification to check out other competing properties such as St R or even the JW that have a more contemporary feel.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:49 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
You may want to share a bit about what you hope to get out of your stay. If you are on a business stay and will be out of the hotel most of the day, they may be equal. If you are looking for a relaxing city resort, the SGS is superior to the StR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.