Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queens Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Mridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Mridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by Kalboz
I have stayed at both and I can confidently tell you that there is really no comparison between the MMPQ and the 4P. The MMQP is light years ahead of the 4P! With ~$30 difference in rate, why not just stay at the WGS and save yourself the troubles! At least the WGS have a lounge (albeit a small one) and they are next door to T-21. Convention property or not, the MMQP is awesome. Let us examine the 4P:
  • The breakfast at the Eatery with limited options but ok.
  • No real upgrade possibility (Hardly any Platinum recognition)
  • Low rise so not really good views.
  • No club lounge so no real happy hour at the 4P. They give you one (or 2) beer and no food at all at their pub.
  • The hard product is weak as many FTers have complained about the 4P shower water pressure, the faulty faucet design (splash), and flood susceptibility after taking a shower.
  • Small rooftop pool (8th floor) but direct sun exposure.
  • They have tuk-tuk shuttle to the nearest BTS station and a back door if you want to avoid the seedy scene or the Indian tailors
I won't say which hotel is better, but the MMQP obviously should be better just based on the hotel type, but many of your points are not exactly accurate.
  • The breakfast at the Eatery with limited options but ok. *** Not at all limited and why would you say this? It's one of the most varied breakfasts I've had in 100 nights the past year. I'm not going to detail all the reasons it's not limited, but IT's NOT.
  • No real upgrade possibility (Hardly any Platinum recognition) *** Upgraded to suite all 4 nights on 1st stay, 2 of four nights on 2nd stay. Other benefits. 1 item of laundry (wash and press)each day, 1 hour anytime happy hour, coffee drinks any time at the eatery.(including iced coffee).
  • Low rise so not really good views. *** This point is right. Some views are fine though.
  • No club lounge so no real happy hour at the 4P. They give you one (or 2) beer and no food at all at their pub. *** Not accurate. Platinum+ get one hour of free drinks at the pool bar. In some ways it's better as you can pick your hour between 4 and midnight. Yes there is no free food in the evening hours, but honestly I just overeat when I have to much free food. I'm sort of happy when I don't have food all day long. Platinum+ also get coffee all day in the Eatery if desired.
  • The hard product is weak as many FTers have complained about the 4P shower water pressure, the faulty faucet design (splash), and flood susceptibility after taking a shower. *** I didn't have any of these issues, but I'll say the shower is small in standard rooms. The suite shower was large and perfect. There are probably areas where the 4P is weaker for sure though.
  • Small rooftop pool (8th floor) but direct sun exposure. *** Poor point as the pool isn't that small and considering the number of rooms at each hotel the MMQP should be at least 4 times larger which it's not. Also during my stays the pool wasn't that busy and there were always lounge chairs available.
  • They have tuk-tuk shuttle to the nearest BTS station and a back door if you want to avoid the seedy scene or the Indian tailors *** These "seedy" issues people bring up are just ridiculous. It's Bangkok!
I'm sure the MMQP is better than Four Points in many ways. Right now it's $50/night w/taxes higher for nights I checked. The $50 might be a good value for some, but not all. Seems like you might get access to the lounge for all of your family when it really should just be for two people? Anyway your points were off some IMO. I'd like to try the MMQP though.. Cheers..

Last edited by kalo93406; Feb 21, 2019 at 1:54 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:52 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kalo93406
I won't say which hotel is better, but the MMQP obviously should be better just based on the hotel type, but many of your points are not exactly accurate.

I'm sure the MMQP is better than Four Points in many ways. Right now it's $50/night w/taxes higher for nights I checked. The $50 might be a good value for some, but not all. Seems like you might get access to the lounge for all of your family when it really should just be for two people? Anyway your points were off some IMO. I'd like to try the MMQP though.. Cheers..
I was just responding to a post by a fellow member who compared the two. By any means, if you like the 4P, more power to you. Admittedly, the 4P Bangkok is one of the best in the 4P system and maybe is the best in such brand.

I don't own stocks nor do I have any financial interest at either property, my dear friend, and my comments are strictly based on my stays and observations. In fact, the less elites at MMQP, the better chance of upgrades and the quitter the M-Club lounge!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
I was just responding to a post by a fellow member who compared the two. By any means, if you like the 4P, more power to you.
The only reason I posted is to give current accurate information.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I have stayed at both and I can confidently tell you that there is really no comparison between the MMPQ and the 4P.
I wasn't comparing anything about the two properties except for the location. You disparage the 4P location as "seedy" while repeatedly extolling the MMQP, despite the two properties' locations being indistinguishable in terms of "seediness." I think that contradiction deserves to be called out.

I also frankly don't get the gushing over MMQP. I stayed there once, it was okay for burning one of the old Cat 5s. It doesn't really make my list for paid stays.
kalo93406 and tomwhom like this.

Last edited by Kacee; Feb 21, 2019 at 5:40 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kalo93406
The only reason I posted is to give current accurate information.
my comments are strictly based on my stays and observations.
Thank you for providing the current information.
Originally Posted by Kacee
I wasn't comparing anything about the two properties except for the location. You disparage the FP location as "seedy" while repeatedly extolling the MMQP, despite the two properties' locations being indistinguishable in terms of "seediness." I think that contradiction deserves to be called out.

I also frankly don't get the gushing over MMQP. I stayed there once, it was okay for burning one of the old Cat 5s. It doesn't really make my list for paid stays.
No disparaging was meant towards your favorite property as I already said earlier that there is no judgement in my comments - both, however, do have back access to avoid whatever you want to avoid. And that's a fact! Also, there is no "gushing" either. I don't know why others are here, but I'm here to exchange information, provide input regarding my experiences, and to help other travelers especially families. Just because you had an ordinary experience (or a bad one for that matter) dose not mean you have the right to muzzle others who report a better experience or the possibility of such - and that deserves to be called out!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:19 pm

Either my testosterone levels/powers of observation are way, way down or there isnt much seedy activity around 11 and 15 these days. I think its the latter, as both are fairly tame ( if not exactly wholesome).
Im tempted to try the Marquis but its never cheap for my dates ( and I wont pay double the rate of 4P, at which I find the PLT recognition ok if not outstanding).
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
The breakfast offerings at the 4P and Aloft are similar. Both are more than adequate for a breakfast with good variety and neither come close to what the 5 star properties provide. Terminal 21 proximity is good for those who dont want to venture far but it is not overly appealing.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by geminidreams
The breakfast offerings at the 4P and Aloft are similar. Both are more than adequate for a breakfast with good variety and neither come close to what the 5 star properties provide. Terminal 21 proximity is good for those who dont want to venture far but it is not overly appealing.
A couple of years ago I would have agreed. But 4P breakfast has improved dramatically and is a cut above Aloft these days. While not in the same league as SGS, it just as good as the Westin. But Aloft is ok as well.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by geminidreams
The breakfast offerings at the 4P and Aloft are similar. Both are more than adequate for a breakfast with good variety and neither come close to what the 5 star properties provide. Terminal 21 proximity is good for those who don't want to venture far but it is not overly appealing.
Sorry can't agree.. stayed at both recently. Four points noticeably better quality. Smoked salmon, smoked fish, cold meats better, the fruit selection is better (jackfruit, passion fruit), Japanese section (miso soup, usually a fish), Indian selections (which were so delicious), better dim sum selections, congee with nice additions including shrimp, the daily meat curries and hot dishes were better quality, a fresh juice selection made to order including carrot juice some days. The waffles were better, toppings better, had fresh honey dripping from the honeycomb. Agree both adequate, but for me the Four Points was much more enjoyable and better quality, food and environment.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:30 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Kacee
Soi 22 is very similar to Soi 15 in terms of "seediness," so I am at something of a loss why one of our members goes on and on about how wonderful MMQP is, but denigrates 4P for being in a "seedy" area.

MMQP is a convention property - the largest hotel in Bangkok, one of the largest in Asia. It has a very large lounge and they're pretty good with upgrades. Breakfast is lounge only. Pool is weak.
Just checked in. Seedy area doesn't bother me one bit (I also loved the Le Meridien which is pretty much right in Patpong). If you read my recent post on the GH thread, you might be believe otherwise, but my problem there was not so much with the existence of the seedy meat-shop bar, and certainly not with anything that goes on on the streets outside, but rather with the lack of an alternative.

The hotel is bigger than expected at almost 1400 rooms. The hardware looks more dated in person than the pictures make it seem. That said, I had a pleasant and painless check-in at the club, and look forward to trying ABar. Apparently they had 27 bus full of package tours check in today, so I don't envy the staff one bit.

I was upgraded to an M Club suite which I'm very happy with good views on a high floor, a mostly functional decor with only minimal wear and tear, and plenty of room!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Thanks @Kalboz for the super on point thoughts on Marriott hotels you helped me pick the Soi57 Marriott last trip, and I was very happy with that choice given my love for rooftop bars. Visiting MMQP today again mostly due to your recommendation!

[*]8 dining outlets including 3 rooftop and another three where you can partake your happy hour benefits (Soba Factory, Siam Tea Room, and Pagoda Chinese Restaurant).

What are the happy hour benefits you mention that apply at these outlets? A regular HH or something unique to platinums?
Kalboz likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:39 am

Really good thread with lots of good recs. Just curious if anyone has any recs with the plethora of Marriott hotels for a honeymoon stay? Doing a few different places in Thailand and are having trouble zeroing in on whats perceived as the best or one of the best Bangkok hotels to stay at. Only there a few days so pretty much looking for best location so its easy to go out explore and do activities. Any help would be appreciated!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:04 am

St. Regis might be what you're looking for? It's the highest-end offering by Starriott in Bangkok and is in a very very good location.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Really good thread with lots of good recs. Just curious if anyone has any recs with the plethora of Marriott hotels for a honeymoon stay? Doing a few different places in Thailand and are having trouble zeroing in on whats perceived as the best or one of the best Bangkok hotels to stay at. Only there a few days so pretty much looking for best location so its easy to go out explore and do activities. Any help would be appreciated!
Depends on your definition of best and what you want to do. Best hardware is probably the St Regis. All the 5* hotels will have nice suites if that is what you are after, I like the W and LMB suites, all the hotels are fairly central apart from the LMS so whatever activities you have planned all will be in easy reach though traffic is always an issue when getting around BKK. If you want to explore the river then try the ROS but it is a bit tired. I wouldnt pay money for any of the views you may or may not get at any of the hotels.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
Thanks @Kalboz for the super on point thoughts on Marriott hotels you helped me pick the Soi57 Marriott last trip, and I was very happy with that choice given my love for rooftop bars. Visiting MMQP today again mostly due to your recommendation!

What are the happy hour benefits you mention that apply at these outlets? A regular HH or something unique to platinums?
They call it "Exclusive Evening Cocktail" benefit for Platinums or guests with Club access who wish to avoid the M-Club lounge during happy hour. We have only tried two of the venues and preferred the Siam Tea Room (#17 on TripAdvisor). Pagoda (#38 TripAdvisor) on was good, and we haven't tried Soba Factory yet. The food was especially good at the lounge this year so we didn't do the outlets during the last 2 visits. Basically you talk to the lounge staff before going and they will call it in for you to tell the outlet that you are eligible for the benefit. Once there, you are offered 2 food items per person from a special menu. So, if you are a family of 4 like us, you get 8 items plus drinks including alcoholic beverages. You can still go back to the lounge for additional libations and desserts as that feast doesn't end until 9:30 PM.

Pagoda Chinese Restaurant on the 4th floor - happy hour menu

Kalboz family at the highly rated Pagoda for happy hour benefit

Crispy prawns with fruit salad at Pagoda

Siam Tea Room at the hotel lobby - happy hour menu

Somtam with prawns at Siam Tea Room

Pomelo salad with fluffy fried fish and fried chicken

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.