Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by BobBHX
In about 6 stays over the past couple of years I have never had an upgrade at the Soi 57. In fact they tried to downgrade me on my last stay. I had booked a corner room (at a higher cost than the standard room) and at check-in I was assigned room xx12. As I didn't think that was a corner room I asked the check-in lady and she assured me it was. Of course when I got to the room it wasn't so I had to get the room changed.
me neither (any upgrades at Soi 57).. @corner rooms: well yes, the design is different, but the room size is practically the same, so it's more or less a matter of taste which one "better".
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: free agent
my mate and i will spend a night in BKK. We'll land at swampy around 0530, so I wonder if our odds are good for early check-in at Marquis or Suk57? We're Marriott gold, but first time for us to utilize Marriott in BKK. I'm curious how you would rate swimming pool and lounge at Marquis and Suk57? We're leaning toward Marquis, since it's new and we can walk from BTS since we visit BKK few times in past so no plan to visit touristy sites, etc.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
me neither (any upgrades at Soi 57).. @corner rooms: well yes, the design is different, but the room size is practically the same, so it's more or less a matter of taste which one "better".
Hi Chris. The reason I booked the corner room was so I could see the NYE fireworks. From previous stays I know that you can see the fireworks at CentralWorld and at the river from the xx08, xx09 and xx10 rooms. Of course, this year there were no fireworks. I also quite like having the view of lower Thonglor and up Suk towards Asoke.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747
my mate and i will spend a night in BKK. We'll land at swampy around 0530, so I wonder if our odds are good for early check-in at Marquis or Suk57? We're Marriott gold, but first time for us to utilize Marriott in BKK. I'm curious how you would rate swimming pool and lounge at Marquis and Suk57? We're leaning toward Marquis, since it's new and we can walk from BTS since we visit BKK few times in past so no plan to visit touristy sites, etc.
your odds will be good. pool at suk 57 is nice enough.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Much bigger pool at the M-Marquis and lower occupancy rate evident by their low rates, and, thus, better odds for UG. As always, YMMV!

Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: free agent
Kalboz Wow, pool look pretty nice @ Marquis. its about 5300 THB after taxes on date we'll stay at. What's Marquis happy hour @ executive lounge really look like? usual few booze and snack options?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Kalboz Wow, pool look pretty nice @ Marquis. its about 5300 THB after taxes on date we'll stay at. What's Marquis happy hour @ executive lounge really look like? usual few booze and snack options?
Go through Ebates (or similar website) for a current 5% rebate and book. Check on the rates periodically to cancel and rebook when the rates go down. Again, always start the process with a rebate website.

The pool is great and so is the gym - they have their own Racquetball court inside the gym!

We had grilled burger sliders, BBQ pork ribs, and many other items yesterday. Free flowing sparkling wine, Chang beer, and all other libations as well. Delicious food, plenty booze, and very nice service - highly recommended over other current Marriott options in Bangkok.

Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Can anyone post a pic of the Queens Park hotel address in Thai?
One of the girls in the lounge hand wrote the instructions for me. It reads something like "Please drive me to the Bangkok Marriott Queens Park".

It amazes me that this isn't included on the Marriott website for every property.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:44 am

I encountered Bob Fabiano, the GM, this morning (1/18) at the lobby, very personable and approachable gentleman. He informed me that the Marriott Marquis currently has staff of 720 employees and he expects the number to climb to 900 employees by the time they open their South Wing, their Grand Opening. He asked me how many nights we have been staying at his property, and I told him 16 nights. He was surprised that we just met and not any earlier. I informed him that there was no need to meet as his staff went above and beyond to make our stay a very pleasurable one.

Currently at BKK's crappy CIP Lounge for our flight to KIX. Apparently, JL closed their dated lounge for renovations and sending all Biz/F passengers to this inferior lounge. Back to our subject, I can report that we cannot wait to get back to Bangkok to stay at this property again - this is how happy we are about the treatment we received by all staff members. Minor issues that we reported and were immediately addressed by staff. Full report is coming up.

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 18, 2017 at 7:58 am
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
One of the girls in the lounge hand wrote the instructions for me. It reads something like "Please drive me to the Bangkok Marriott Queens Park".

It amazes me that this isn't included on the Marriott website for every property.
most taxi drivers in bkk should still know it better by its old name - imperial queens park
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:24 am

As its name indicates, the Marriott Marquis is located next to a park. Actually, they have a back gate with direct access to Benjasiri Park which would cut the walking distance to Phrom Phong BTS Station by half, if you don't want to take the tuk-tuk shuttle. The gate would directly access Goji Restaurant where we have breakfast through an escalator. Gate is currently closed and the nonstop renovations continue. It should be open in a week or two.

Escalator from Goji Restaurant to Benjasiri Park

Hotel gate to Goji Restaurant as seen from the park - the pool floor is atop the red M

The park as seen from the hotel's 9th floor - the pool floor

Breakfast at Goji Restaurant overlooking the park

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 20, 2017 at 9:35 am
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:05 am
Suspended

It looks like JW is located right inside a red light district.

I am really curious why would Marriott put his premium brand in a red light district?

If I was looking for a nicer/classy neighborhood, then is JW a wrong choice?

There is even an article suggesting that JW Bangkok is a girl/hooker friendly hotel. lol

Is this really that bad?

Some people said that JW is not located in a very prime/classy location of bangkok,there is nothing around except for the red light district.

Other Marriott/ Ren is better location than JW.

Can any Marriott people please tell me why Marriott would build his luxury brand and first property in Bangkok, while choosing a not so good location?

Comparing to Grand Hyatt..

Last edited by bdschobel; Feb 10, 2017 at 2:09 pm Reason: merged nearly identical posts
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:49 am

It's a few minutes walk away, I wouldn't say right inside. The location is good, at the beginning of where markets start setting up along Sukhumvit. To be fair, most hotels along Sukhumvit are not too far from the two famous red light districts in the area, Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy. I honestly had no issues with it being next to Nana Plaza - even when you walk out at night, you can walk right past that area with no issues, since Nana Plaza is tucked away in the soi it is located in. There aren't any noise issues from that area from inside the hotel.

It's not bad at all. I find that most people who go to Thailand for sex tourism aren't the type of people who will be staying at the JW Marriott. Less money spent on a room means more money for other activities for those folks. It's not like you will see a ton of hookers at this hotel. I certainly had no issues at all with the location. All the street vendors, markets, and I suppose working girls walking around - that kind of goes with the area, as far as Sukhumvit is concerned. A lot of tourists like being close to the things along Sukhumvit, along with all the things that come with it.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Nana, the red light district, is on the other side of Sukhumvit Road from the JW. It's similar to Las Vegas, where the road is uncrossable for pedestrians. Getting from one side of Sukhumvit to the other requires finding a pedestrian bridge, walking up a steep tall flight of steps, across a wide street and back down another flight of steps. It's not something casually done, which makes the JW quite removed from Nana. You cannot hear Nana from the JW, nor would you see any of the street traffic, drunks or workers unless you were to walk over there. Soi Cowboy is also on that side, even farther away.

The JW is not my favorite Bangkok Marriott property. There are FT posters who will tell you the JW's lobby and common areas are full of Nana overflow. IME, having stayed at the JW numerous times, the people who complain are going out of their way to find that type of activity. Never has any activity impinged on my enjoyment of the property. It's a far cry from a brothel, despite what people post. Yes, I've seen what I believe to be people heading to rooms with dates, but I've seen that at every hotel in Bangkok, but, again, who cares. If you are easily offended by what happens in Bangkok, stay out of Bangkok, but don't expect to find a hotel in Bangkok where you cannot find this type of activity if you are looking to see this type of activity.

What other guests might be doing shouldn't be your concern unless it encroaches on your enjoyment of the hotel. Unless you go out of your way to notice what others are doing, being close to Nana and Soi Cowboy will have no impact on you.

BTW, the Le Meridien at Silom is smack dab in the middle of what might be the most notorious of red light areas, so make sure you avoid that hotel. It might offend your purist eyes.

Back to the JW.... you might consider the Marriott at Soi 57. Aside from being a great hotel with fantastic views, it is very far removed from the activities that seem to offend you. The new FS is also more removed from those activities.

One more thing... the only Marriott property where I've ever been solicited by prostitutes is the EWR FS. I got on the elevator and two working women got on with me. They asked if I wanted them to come by my room after they were done. My reply was, "No, no, no, no, no." They told me to give them my room number in case I changed my mind. I let them know if I saw them in my hallway I'd call the police. Not the front desk. Not the hotel security. The police.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Vince Chan
It looks like JW is located right inside a red light district.

I am really curious why would Marriott put his premium brand in a red light district?

If I was looking for a nicer/classy neighborhood, then is JW a wrong choice?

There is even an article suggesting that JW Bangkok is a girl/hooker friendly hotel. lol

Is this really that bad?
Originally Posted by Vince Chan
Some people said that JW is not located in a very prime/classy location of bangkok,there is nothing around except for the red light district.

Other Marriott/ Ren is better location than JW.

Can any Marriott people please tell me why Marriott would build his luxury brand and first property in Bangkok, while choosing a not so good location?

Comparing to Grand Hyatt..
Not exactly! It's unfortunate that this snazzy property is getting such bad reputation. This is where the Bangkok hi-so have their weddings and you may also notice the mostly Thai national enjoying the buffet at the Marriott Cafe on the ground floor.

The JW Marriott is located on Sukhumvit Soi 2, a side street, and is attached to shopping center, Ploenchit Center, through 2nd floor covered pedestrian bridge. The security measures at this property is very adequate as to keep the seedy elements totally off this quite Soi. Motivated by monetary incentives (tips) or a positive mention on TripAdvisor, some corrupt staff members at the lounge allow certain deep pocket corporate-account guests to accompany their girlfriend du jour into the lounge for breakfast (after a night of enjoyment), or at happy hour. But this is an exception and not the rule as my sources inform me that the FD has a firm rule of imposing "joiner fee" for your night time friend.

Further, the debauchery (if any) is at first few hundred yards of Soi 4, Soi Nana, which is the next street over, and it occurs late at night. Also, "working" women don’t jump out at single women, families with children, or couples passing by.

JW Marriott on Soi 2

Ploenchit Center

Soi 4 (Nana) after dark

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.