Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Why not? Never heard of this before ...

Since the property opened, we have had 3 stays here for a total of 20 nights, 18 of which were at the MEA and we always had full access to the club lounge ...
grrrr... I was always explicitely denied the access to the lounge when staying at the MEA :-(
Old May 21, 2014, 12:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
grrrr... I was always explicitly denied the access to the lounge when staying at the MEA :-(
At this Sukhumvit 57 property? or, is it a Marriott-wide "rule"?
Old May 21, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Kalboz
At this Sukhumvit 57 property? or, is it a Marriott-wide "rule"?
at this Sukh 57, but it's a Marriott-wide official rule...

"Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Free daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge*.
* At JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels® (resorts excluded)"
Old May 21, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
I recently stayed at the JW Marriott Bangkok for a night in March. The lounge was quite impressive. The room was nice enough and I thought the location was decent. I've posted a lot more in a trip report: Palaces, Temples, Boats & Beaches! *A TPAC & TATL in J (TG A380 US BR & UA) & PG in Y
Old May 22, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I recently spent a few days at the J W in Bangkok. The room was rather small but comfortable. The lounge was one of the best I've experienced! I like staying in the Sukhumvit area so location was OK for me. I have also stayed at the Marriott at Suk 57, but in one of the apartments. This was about a month after it had opened for business. A bit isolated IMO. I know that this area is popular with Thais, but I prefer lower Sukhumvit, between Phloenchit and Asok BTS stations.

News reports say that Thailand has just had yet another coup.
Old May 22, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by sim510
I have also stayed at the Marriott at Suk 57, but in one of the apartments. This was about a month after it had opened for business. A bit isolated IMO. I know that this area is popular with Thais, but I prefer lower Sukhumvit, between Phloenchit and Asok BTS stations.
To each his own, I guess ... but another point of information is that the Marriott Sukhumvit 57 is closer to Thong Lo BTS station than the JW Marriott to Nana or Phloenchit stations. We have had over 150 nights at the JW Marriott since 2005 - we stopped staying there in 2012 due to lack of elite recognition. See our photos of the JWM here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz...7622147537990/

News reports say that Thailand has just had yet another coup.
The 33rd since the 1930s!
Old May 22, 2014, 2:07 pm

Kalboz, you are right about locations. I don't usually stay at any of the Marriotts in lower Sukhumvit. I usually stay at a serviced apartment on soi 8. It's 1.5 minutes to Nana BTS. I also like the apartments at Terminal 21 and the newish Sofitel on Sukhumvit near soi 15.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Kalboz, you have me rethinking my 3 night (first trip to BKK) stay in Nov and the REN. I love the modern feel of the rooms at the Sukh and the lounge / rooftop bar seem superb. I'm a lifetime Plat. Looks like room rates are similar.

Any reason not to stay at the Sukh over the REN? I'll have a driver the entire time so walking to the BTS is not an issue for us.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
at this Sukh 57, but it's a Marriott-wide official rule...

"Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Free daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge*.
* At JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels® (resorts excluded)"
I have over 2,000 nights at MEA in Bangkok. The normal hotel rules for JW, etc. don't apply. Everyone has lounge access. You don't get full "nights" for long term stays, etc.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sim510
Kalboz, you are right about locations. I don't usually stay at any of the Marriotts in lower Sukhumvit. I usually stay at a serviced apartment on soi 8. It's 1.5 minutes to Nana BTS. I also like the apartments at Terminal 21 and the newish Sofitel on Sukhumvit near soi 15.
Marriott on Langsuan is 5 minute walk from BTS Rajdamri. Renaissance on Ploenchit is close to the elevated walkway giving access to BTS Chitlom and Central World. JW on Suk 2 is not all that far from BTS Ploenchit but during the heat of the day, or when raining, it's just too far.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Not here on their business, and it's not one of the countries for which we are approved to use phones. And I'm not important enough to demand phone service when I'm in a foreign country that's not on the approved list.
I think he was suggesting that you splurge and spend $15 of your own money. You say you don't make phone calls that much. OK. But think of the hassle it would have saved you finding your hotel.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
Kalboz, you have me rethinking my 3 night (first trip to BKK) stay in Nov and the REN. I love the modern feel of the rooms at the Sukh and the lounge / rooftop bar seem superb. I'm a lifetime Plat. Looks like room rates are similar.

Any reason not to stay at the Sukh over the REN? I'll have a driver the entire time so walking to the BTS is not an issue for us.
Many reasons!

- Suites at the Sukhumvit Marriott are real suites with separate bedroom and living-room, unlike the Renaissance where they are larger rooms.
- Both lounges are excellent, but we prefer the Sukhumvit Marriott for its hot station and extended hours for evening cocktails.
- Location: now this is a personal preference, we like the neighborhood where the Sukhumvit Marriott is located. Renaissance is near where all the political turmoil (if it happens) usually occurs.
- Outdoor pool at the 7th floor of Sukhumvit Marriott is better. Great pool at the 22nd floor at the Renaissance but it is indoor with no direct sun.
- Rooftop venues at the the Sukhumvit Marriott - All restaurants are located on 1st or 2nd floors at the Renaissance.
- Better spa & restaurants at the Renaissance
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by lucycan

If you have a driver then I'd say to give the Sukhumvit location a try. I'm possibly going to return and stay there are few nights next month. I'm platinum so would hope for upgrade... I stayed in the apartments during my first stay. The apartment was, in my opinion, very dark. I think the hotel rooms/suites might have more natural light.

I like the rooftop bar!! But it tends to be windy up there. The view is great.

I'm not a sun person or a swimmer so the pool is a minor consideration.

I have friends in lower Sukhumvit, around Asok, and I spend the bulk of my time in that area, so the distance from the Marriott is a bit of an issue, especially if I'm out late. But taxis and plentiful and cheap. The skytrain is quick and a short walk from Suk Marriott.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Diamond,Amex Platinum
When I first came across this thread 3 months or so ago, I was very excited as the title covered exactly what I was looking, however that was many years ago and clearly this is one humungous thread!

There is clearly a lot of extensive experience of all of the BKK Marriott properties and I hoped that someone could share their thoughts and advice to help me decide which one to pick!

I'm an MVCI owner at Phuket beach Club and usually we travel via HKG and don't stop in BKK. However our son is now 8 years old and I think he'd love to spend some time in BKK so we're planning to stay for 5 nights from July 25th.

So, we're a family with one child and we have Marriott Gold status. When we stay in hotels we always take our breakfast in the lounge and often use it's facilities. We've never been turned away because we had a child with us, so experience on the various lounges would help.

We'd like a good pool, a minimum of a 1 bed suite, good eating options and walking distance to something interesting - ie. not too out of things. We've looked extensively at all of the MEA properties and I'm very tempted by the washer and drier (sad, I know) as well as the ability to self cater if we prefer. However, I'm unsure whether we'd have all of the facilities of the full service hotel if we stayed in one of the MEAs. Also there seems some ambiguity as to whether we'd be refused entry to the Suk 57 lounge if we were booked into the MEA there.

So.... if you were traveling as a small family, looking to do the tourist stuff (shopping/Siam Paragon/Elephant trip/Snake trip etc.), liking a bit of space to spread out, a decent pool, good, varied food... which property would you choose?

Thank you !!!!
Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Thank you Kalboz!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.