Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by NoY
I recently had a very nice stay at the Renaissance Bangkok. Excellent Gold recognition, upgraded at checkin from Deluxe King to Studio Suite (essentially a large corner room but suited me perfectly). All in very good order & nice & quiet too. Club Lounge staff were attentive & friendly.

At check-in I was offered breakfast in the main restaurant, Flavors, or the Club Lounge & chose the restaurant - it was excellent. Overall I really couldn’t fault the place and will happily return.
Heading that way in Feb and haven't decided on a hotel. Two questions, if I may: 1. how was the pool? 2. how was the location?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LF72
Heading that way in Feb and haven't decided on a hotel. Two questions, if I may: 1. how was the pool? 2. how was the location?
I stayed at the CY right around the corner last month. So I didn't try the Ren pool, but the location of the Ren is excellent, depending on what you plan on doing. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. It's connected to the BTS, so minutes from almost everything. It's a little bit of work go get to places like the Grand Palace or some of the famous temples, but that's true of any hotel if you're not staying right on the river. I'd risk saying it's one of the best-located Marriotts in Bangkok.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, United Silver
I've stayed here a couple times in the last year. The location is very convenient to the Sky Train and you can get to most places in BKK from there. The pool is on one of the top floors, but it is covered. It is dark most of the time so you can't get any sun. It is a great view though! The sauna/steam room were tiny if I remember correctly.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by JBord
I'd risk saying it's one of the best-located Marriotts in Bangkok.
I'd bump that up to the Ren having the best location of any Marriott property in Bangkok, especially if you are a first-timer or unfamiliar with getting around and/or like to go back to your room frequently during the day. I like the UG at the Soi 57 property, its quiet location and great views, but for the reasons mentioned already, the Ren seems a better fit for many.

Originally Posted by Uncleared_Upgrade
I've stayed here a couple times in the last year.
Question: Did you hear loud metallic banging from the construction next door? Or are they finally done with that stage of the construction? That was always my biggest complaint with the otherwise very good property. It would be excellent if the sound is no more. I know it didn't bother others as much, but it was a deal breaker for me. Thank goodness if it's done.

Originally Posted by Uncleared_Upgrade
The location is very convenient to the Sky Train and you can get to most places in BKK from there...
Both the access to the BTS train and the SkyWalk are easy. You can get up to the platform without going outside for more than a few feet and by using the escalator and/or elevators next door.

If you do stay at the Ren, I have had some language barrier issues with cab drivers requiring them to make phone calls and pull into other hotels asking for directions. "Sukhumvit Road" (a very main street in Bangkok) is not in the official address, the signage and turnoff to the hotel driveway are on Sukhumvit, a few feet southeast of the Chit Lom BTS station and Erawan Shrine. Both are landmarks that don't seem to be impacted by my American accent. It is also a good idea to have the name and address of the hotel in Thai and/or a printed or on-your-phone map showing the hotel's location. Having the hotel phone number ready can help, too. Even if you don't have phone service, the taxi driver will. You might not need any of that, but when you land after midnight if you do need it you'll be glad you have it.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:08 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
I did not use the pool.

Location of hotel is superb. Easy 2 minute walk to BTS Skytrain and the Skywalk.

As for taxi recognition I used Chit Lom BTS station as a landmark. No issues for me in this regard.

If not using Millennium Hilton (my regular choice) I would always use Renaissance now.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
If you do stay at the Ren, I have had some language barrier issues with cab drivers requiring them to make phone calls and pull into other hotels asking for directions. "Sukhumvit Road" (a very main street in Bangkok) is not in the official address, the signage and turnoff to the hotel driveway are on Sukhumvit, a few feet southeast of the Chit Lom BTS station and Erawan Shrine.
The Renaissance is located on Ploenchit Road. Sukhumvit becomes Ploenchit near the Ploenchit Center (next to the JW Marriott). As you note, the best landmark is Chitlom BTS
CJKatl likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
As for taxi recognition I used Chit Lom BTS station as a landmark. No issues for me in this regard.
I've had problems trying to use Chit Lom BTS as a landmark for taxi drivers. If I don't have the hotel card in my pocket, I tell the taxi driver "Ratchaprasong" and they get me there no problem.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
saying "Sogo" (even though no longer here) will also get you to the Rensissance

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I've had problems trying to use Chit Lom BTS as a landmark for taxi drivers. If I don't have the hotel card in my pocket, I tell the taxi driver "Ratchaprasong" and they get me there no problem.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Does anyone have an update on the renovations at the JW?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 am

I am planning a stay at the JW Marriott in two weeks. Will the pool be open or is it under renovation? What are the benefits if I am only a gold member?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by cha9896
I am planning a stay at the JW Marriott in two weeks. Will the pool be open or is it under renovation? What are the benefits if I am only a gold member?
I got breakfast there when I was a gold staying there. I asked if an upgrade was available but was already booked into a suite. No upgrade was available. If you are booked into the lowest category room you might get bumped up. It is high season so I wouldn't expect anything besides breakfast, though.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Hold, SkyTeam Elite, Star Alliance Gold, One World Shappire
Originally Posted by cha9896
I think the JW is the best hotel for gold benefits. If you book a normal room, you should be upgraded to a executive room. For sure you will get a premium room.
The benefits are the breakfast at the restaurant (really huge), the lounge (breakfast good, some sandwich during the day, some pastries around 15.00, dinner buffet with 3-4 hot dishes). The dinner menů changes every days but it's the same every week with a "country theme": italian, american, japanese etc...
Then you have 2 pieces of laundry for free and everything you need from the amazing staff of the lounge.
The hotel beside is a little bit old and if you are not lucky you can get a really old room.
The pool should be open, but there is sun only few hours (11-14).
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
The Ren lounge is a massive pain in the .... It's small, with very limited seating. Also, the dragon ladies at the entry are constantly .....ing about the dress code, even at breakfast. I saw them tell three different people this morning that they couldn't come in because their t-shirts weren't up to snuff, and another because her shorts were "sporty".

I definitely think the food is step down from the JW because they don't have a chef cooking up stuff on the spot. The kitchen area is really tiny, smaller than the omelet station at a US property. I assume that's why they let you get breakfast in either the restaurant or the lounge.

The slip I was given clearly states that children are allowed in the lounge, with no mention of any restricted ages or times for them.

Last edited by catocony; Jan 13, 2018 at 4:41 am
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by catocony
The Ren lounge is a massive pain in the .... It's small, with very limited seating. Also, the dragon ladies at the entry are constantly .....ing about the dress code, even at breakfast. I saw them tell three different people this morning that they couldn't come in because their t-shirts weren't up to snuff, and another because her shorts were "sporty".
Never seen this occur.

I definitely think the food is step down from the JW because they don't have a chef cooking up stuff on the spot. The kitchen area is really tiny, smaller than the omelet station at a US property. I assume that's why they let you get breakfast in either the restaurant or the lounge.
I've never been given an allowance for breakfast in the resto.

The slip I was given clearly states that children are allowed in the lounge, with no mention of any restricted ages or times for them.
There's typically been an exclusion after 6PM or some similar time. If the letter no longer mentions this then perhaps they've done away with it.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Reported this (option of breakfast in exec lounge or restaurant w/o upcharge) on 01 Jan as did Bruce for Marriott 57 (and its always been like this at CY)

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've never been given an allowance for breakfast in the resto

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.