Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Probably dozens, just look online and see which ones have the best reviews.

Don't use the hotel, of course, they'll charge you more to wash a pair of socks then a laundry will for half a bag.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:29 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by seks
Are there any places around CY/Siam/Central World area?
Laundry service near Four Seasons
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:34 pm

I used both Laundry Town (https://www.laundrytown.com/) and DAD Laundry (https://dadlaundry.com/). I didn't have problems with either. It costs a little more to have it picked up and dropped off, but saves me the time of walking out with a laundry bag and dropping it off myself.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
I used both Laundry Town (https://www.laundrytown.com/) and DAD Laundry (https://dadlaundry.com/). I didn't have problems with either. It costs a little more to have it picked up and dropped off, but saves me the time of walking out with a laundry bag and dropping it off myself.
Sadly, dadlaundry.com doesn't service the area that CY is in. Guess I'll try laundrytown ^
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:27 am

Sadly, dadlaundry.com doesn't service the area that CY is in. Guess I'll try laundrytown ^
Ah, right. It services the Sathorn/Silom area, so I normally use them when I stay at the W Bangkok. Either service works fine though. You can leave the laundry in a bag with the concierge and they will send you a text when it is picked up and the payment amount to leave with the concierge after it is picked up, as well as a text when it is delivered. Even with the delivery charges, much cheaper than using the hotel laundry.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NoviceFT
Recently stayed in Marriott Marquis on rewards stay...really disappointed. I am gold member. While checking in at the M club when i asked about upgrade they said that we are giving you M Club rooms which itself is an upgrade. what I can say...

When I further asked said that we may have to keep rooms for paying customers. after that what i can say

The M Club food lacks options and not in sync...everyday they have Salsa and Guacamole but no chips...once day there is Lamb Rogan Josh but nothing to pair with...

Pressing and Neck Massage is a Joke....

Whirlpool is the smallest i have seen in all of my Marriott stay...all in all total waste of my points

I can understand , sorry for that experience you had. I also don't like its lounge. Perhaps you can try JW or Ren next time
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Staying at Marquis for 3 nights, received upgrade to suite on 2nd night. Very good hotel with excellent service, spread at the lounge is very decent imo. Siam Tea Room also has excellent local food at affodable prices.

At LNF rates that were cheaper than the Courtyard, this is one of my best stays in BKK
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:20 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
- translated from Thai -

Courtyard Bangkok promo thru 31 Oct

Thb2899++, includes breakfast for 2

Be advised that Bangkok will be very busy the end of next month.

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok

·
·

��โปรโมชั่นพิเศษสำหรับท่านที่กำลังหาห้องพักใจกลางเ มืองกรุงเทพ ในเดือนตุลาคม 2560 นี้
����ราคาเริ่มต้นเพียง 2,899 บาท‼️ รวมบุฟเฟ่ต์อาหารเช้าที่ห้องอาหาร โมโม่คาเฟ่
��จองได้ทั้งแต่วันนี้ – 31 ตุลาคม 2560 ...
แผนที่การเดินทาง https://goo.gl/4HN2hc
.................................................. ..................................
��October Special – on Room with Buffet Breakfast
����Make your visit truly special. Book now and enjoy great rates starting from THB 2,899 ‼️
��Booking period available from now for stay period until October 31st, 2017
For map https://goo.gl/4HN2hc
#CourtyardBangkok #BangkokHotel #CityHotel #Thailand #Promotion

Last edited by Srisarin; Sep 20, 2017 at 12:41 am
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:52 pm
Suspended

totally different stay reports in this properties dedicated thread -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...en-s-park.html

Originally Posted by NoviceFT
Recently stayed in Marriott Marquis on rewards stay...really disappointed. I am gold member. While checking in at the M club when i asked about upgrade they said that we are giving you M Club rooms which itself is an upgrade. what I can say...

When I further asked said that we may have to keep rooms for paying customers. after that what i can say

The M Club food lacks options and not in sync...everyday they have Salsa and Guacamole but no chips...once day there is Lamb Rogan Josh but nothing to pair with...

Pressing and Neck Massage is a Joke....

Whirlpool is the smallest i have seen in all of my Marriott stay...all in all total waste of my points
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:06 am
Suspended

Exclamation Tourist site closures

Both the Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha Temple will be closed to visitors from 1-29 October

On 25 and 26 Oct the Airport Rail Link along with several sections of the SkyTrain will be without charge.

Last edited by Srisarin; Sep 22, 2017 at 6:01 pm
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:09 pm

Currently at CYM. Complimentary upgraded room i received is smaller than the one I had in May (it was a corner room). But this time i have a view of the skyline.

Looks like they decided to include buffett breakfast at the Momo for people with Marriott status. Back in May it was only continental breakfast in the executive lounge.

Extensive selection of food for breakfast. Im impressed.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Your potential better upgrade at the CY may have been limited by the nearly full to full daily occupancy that this prop has been enjoying.

Since opening, I’ve been a regular here and have always been offered breakfast in either lounge or MoMo every stay both as a G or P

Currently at CYM. Complimentary upgraded room i received is smaller than the one I had in May (it was a corner room). But this time i have a view of the skyline.

Looks like they decided to include buffett breakfast at the Momo for people with Marriott status. Back in May it was only continental breakfast in the executive lounge.

Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Srisarin
Since opening, I’ve been a regular here and have always been offered breakfast in either lounge or MoMo every stay...
Same here.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Since opening, I’ve been a regular here and have always been offered breakfast in either lounge or MoMo every stay both as a G or P
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Same here.
Same here, as either Gold or Plat it's always been my choice.

While there is a decent selection of breakfast foods in Momo the quality leaves a bit to be desired.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:45 pm
Suspended

JW breakfast promo for anyone (not limited to guests) valid the rest of this month - Thb300++

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.