Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by paolo64
The SPG properties in Bangkok have very low rates now as Thailand transitions from reliance on independent tourists to more tour group focus.
I noticed this last month at Shangri-La. It seriously degrades the guest experience and I doubt properties will be able to maintain their higher rates when they're filling most of their rooms with Chinese tour groups (who are undoubtedly paying only a fraction of the publicly available rates).
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Originally Posted by leeky
demostrating once again the total lack of consistency at the JW BKK (and why I won't ever stay there again - to many better choices and they'll be a few more choices coming online here in the next few months)
Well it has been very consistent for me.

They do hold a lot of high profile people there from time to time and I know that affects upgrades.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I decided to burn some of my points for a one-night stay in Bangkok and just checked into the JW Marriott. I had booked a deluxe room, but they were very nice and upgraded me to the Royal Suite on the 24th floor. Quite a nice touch I thought. The butler's gone off to press my clothes so that I can get a few drinks sorted out at the bar. Not a bad start to the evening, I'd say.

The suite itself is large but not huge 'it's the biggest room in the hotel sir!' and ist not overwhelming. I doubt any 'royal', aristocratic or imagined, has ever stayed here, but the views are nice.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Courtyard Bangkok

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1, Rajdamri Rd, Pathumwan Bangkok, TH 10330

Courtyard Bangkok (0 Photo)

Stayed there for 8 nights on TZO rate that the GM honoured which was super nice. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids and the GM got us a family room with 1 free rollaway as Plat upgrade. We are very grateful for that.

Platinum arrival gift is one of the best in Marriott - 250 pts/BTS day pass/snack and drink/lunch for 2 at MoMo. This is a no brain question - definitely opt for the free lunch.

Our room was nice - spacious and the supersize bathroom is great. The lounge offering is ok - not that great, so if you have your favourite restaurant skip the cocktail.

You can take brekkie at the restaurant or in the lounge, and definitely go for the restaurant as the food is better. Go early if you like to drink coconut (it runs out fast).

This hotel is perfect for children haters as the lounge will soon stop allowing children in at all, although you will see plenty of them in the restaurant.

Location is not the most centrally locatedbut good enough to reach Central World Mall and Big C within 10 minutes on foot. There is a free tuktuk from the hotel to the nearest BTS station.

Now here's the con:

The beds are not typical Marriott bed - I stayed at a lot of CYs outside the US and I think this one has the worst bed.

The walls are super thin, we could hear our neighbour sneeze or blow drying their hair - very clearly inside our room.

Inconsistent information - we were told at the first morning that our kids can eat in the restaurant for free, at check-out we were told that they weren't free. Also there were some lounge charge on our bills too. No one told us about that and after insisting we got the bills wiped off, but it's uncomfortable.

We were also told by different lounge dragons with different policy, one said we could bring the kids in, the other one said we can't, then another dragonsaid we can't and we can bring the food down to them, the fourth one said no food is allowed......seriously?

In the lounge, quite oftenthings are missing - like lid for disposible cups, you have to ask the dragon for more (they put out 3 at a time), so are teabags (they hide them by their counter after 10pm), and they store the teabags in the conference room so several times I couldn't get my tea because there was someone using the conference room.

The dragon will change from their working shoes to slippers at around 10:30, so you will see them very comfortably walking around in hotel slippers! It's great that they could do that but not everyone feel the same as I do (e.g. Mr. thinks it's not appropriate).

There was someone smoking inside the room next to our room, called them and they put in a air cleaner - worked ok, fortunately our room was large enough that the cigarette smell only got to the entrance area of the room. You can smoke in the room as long as you are willing to pay 2000 Baht which is nothing for a lot of people especially from China.

Courtyard Bangkok

Would you like to write a review on the Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 3, 2016, 7:19 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Currently here until April 9th then Hua Hin. Still nice but changing staff (management & lounge) makes it more of a challenge especially when we are used to things done in a certain way. And with the room rates making upward strides, dunno if we are staying here after Hua Hin as we have 8 more nights in Bangkok ... will see.

Upgraded to a nice suite on the 40th floor (same as the lounge), breakfast, teatime, and happy hour are as easy as few steps from our suite. Breakfast downstairs at 57th Street Restaurant is also available in lieu of lounge breakfast. Less choices for breakfast at lounge but as usual, more tranquil ambiance and amazing uninterrupted views of Bangkok.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Currently here until April 9th then Hua Hin. Still nice but changing staff (management & lounge) makes it more of a challenge especially when we are used to things done in a certain way. And with the room rates making upward strides, dunno if we are staying here after Hua Hin as we have 8 more nights in Bangkok ... will see.

Upgraded to a nice suite on the 40th floor (same as the lounge), breakfast, teatime, and happy hour are as easy as few steps from our suite. Breakfast downstairs at 57th Street Restaurant is also available in lieu of lounge breakfast. Less choices for breakfast at lounge but as usual, more tranquil ambiance and amazing uninterrupted views of Bangkok.
"Here" for you is the FS @Soi 57. Just wanted to make that clear, because the thread is about all the Bangkok properties and some may not realize that the FS has a lounge on the 40th floor or that the restaurant is 57th Street, despite the obviousness if you think about it.

I was there last week, was also upgraded to a suite, and had another exceptionally good stay. A few months ago, I couldn't get into the FS on a last minute trip and stayed at the Ren instead. It's a very nice hotel, but the FS wins for me on upgrades, quietness and view. Thong Lo keeps getting better and better, and the sidewalk cafes between the hotel and the BTS station have been cleaned up, with new floors, fixed sidewalks and other improvements. I even heard a rumor that the Soi 38 street food may be moving over to near the Marriott!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:43 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by CJKatl
"Here" for you is the FS @Soi 57. Just wanted to make that clear, because the thread is about all the Bangkok properties and some may not realize that the FS has a lounge on the 40th floor or that the restaurant is 57th Street, despite the obviousness if you think about it.
Indeed, the full service Marriott at Sukhumvit 57 is where we're staying.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
was there last week, was also upgraded to a suite, and had another exceptionally good stay. A few months ago, I couldn't get into the FS on a last minute trip and stayed at the Ren instead. It's a very nice hotel, but the FS wins for me on upgrades, quietness and view. Thong Lo keeps getting better and better, and the sidewalk cafes between the hotel and the BTS station have been cleaned up, with new floors, fixed sidewalks and other improvements. I even heard a rumor that the Soi 38 street food may be moving over to near the Marriott!
The place is so packed it reminds of a sold out cruise ship. I'm happy for them being near full capacity and hope they are making money back on their huge investment. Nice stay thus far that I would like to make exceptional

As for the side, be careful, some sidewalk blocks will still spray you with stagnant water when stepped on it!!! Sukhumvit 38 might be moving to Sukhumvit 59.

What I'm puzzled about is why many SPG enthusiasts are terrified of joining the Marriott program!!!

Old May 25, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Staying at the Marriott this evening, arriving BKK around 715pm. Any thoughts as to whether taxi or train would be fastest?
Old May 25, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
That could depend on which Marriott, but I would always opt for taxi.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by johnaalex
That could depend on which Marriott, but I would always opt for taxi.
me too
Old May 25, 2016, 3:24 am

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I generally arrange a car with the hotel. The taxi stand at BKK can become a nightmare and you'll likely sit in traffic @ 8pm going from the airport to downtown.

If you take a taxi, get a quote before setting off. I've heard people getting ripped off over 2000 THB when they didn't talk price up front (which should be <1000 THB if there's traffic, ~500THB if none)
Old May 25, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by rgrobins
I generally arrange a car with the hotel. The taxi stand at BKK can become a nightmare and you'll likely sit in traffic @ 8pm going from the airport to downtown.

If you take a taxi, get a quote before setting off. I've heard people getting ripped off over 2000 THB when they didn't talk price up front (which should be <1000 THB if there's traffic, ~500THB if none)
Since they had switched to the "automatic" taxi stands at BKK airport (touch screens), I've never experienced any long queues anymore when waiting for a public taxi. Also never had any problems with non-running meters for the most recent years; even including tollway & airport charges (50bt), I've never reached even 500 thb by taxi to get to the hotel. Hotel limousines will usually charge 2000 thb or more for the same way.. and it won't save you from traffic neither. If you prefere some higher class of travel though, you can still go for the AOT Limousines at the airport.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
For me, it's convenience, not price, that dictates taxi versus train. I'd probably opt for the taxi at eight. Definitely later. Earlier, I'd do the train to avoid the traffic.

The other problem with the train is it can sometimes be difficult to get out of a station and to the hotel with luggage. The Ren, it's easy. There are elevators and escalators once you get down from the track. The JW, it's difficult because the walking path is clunky, with bad sidewalks, construction and, depending on which exit, an underpass. With the Marriott, the sidewalks have been recently fixed, so the walking path isn't that difficult to navigate with bags. If you have not previously stayed at the hotel, the intersection just after the station is treacherous traffic-wise. Just do what everyone else is doing to cross, as opposed to depending on the walk light. The next block has restaurants spilling out and street vendors, so it's a tight squeeze in some places.

I've experienced the taxi meter thing within the past year in BKK. I always insist the meter be turned on and that the driver take the highway, agreeing that I'll pay the tolls.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Renaissance or Bangkok Marriott?

Which one is better? I still got 1 complimentary night that can only be use at up to Category 5.

Which one will be the better value amon this 2 properties?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I haven't stayed at the Ren, but love the JW. Great lounge and wonderful service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.