Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by lucycan
tasnam - I'd say this a lot of hassle for a few hours sleep. Even in the dead of night the Marriott is 25 min away. At rush hour its an hour or more.

1) I never heard of this before - I assume its simply arranged transport.
2) Doubtful
3) Cheap but painful - I won't take a taxi to/from BKK
lucycan....little more than few hours....6AM land 6:40PM departure....even with travel and check-in security, looking at about 8-8-1/2 hours in terminal/lounge vs. in hotel room on 2 free Marriott Visa card certificates.....I'll take the taxi option as opposed to the alternative....
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
3) Cheap and painless. Yes, this is the best option.
Thanks CO-PLAT....that's what I thought!!
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Two words of advice on taking the cab:
  1. Insist the driver turn on the meter. They will try to leave it off to charge you extra. Granted, it winds up being a couple dollars difference, but it's the principle.
  2. Ask the driver to take the highway. Most will, but some will take the back roads, which doubles the time.
  3. Make sure you have Baht and, if possible, some small denominations. The driver will sometimes ask you to pay the toll(s), and the toll taker cannot always break a Thousand-Baht bill. (~$30) Some drivers will avoid the second toll, which doesn't add that much time to the trip.
  4. Ask at the hotel what time you should catch the cab back. It took almost an hour to get from the hotel to the highway when I was there last month. Granted, it was six at night when I left, but Bangkok traffic is worse than anything in the US.
  5. Be clear you want a cab back to the airport, not a limo. Otherwise, that hotel will arrange a limo, which will be four or five times the price. They will indicate it's easier to arrange a limo, but there is no problem getting a cab at the hotel.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Perfectly stated, CJKatl! ^

Bruce
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Perfectly stated, CJKatl! ^

Bruce

Thank you both!!!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Two words of advice on taking the cab:
  1. Insist the driver turn on the meter. They will try to leave it off to charge you extra. Granted, it winds up being a couple dollars difference, but it's the principle.
  2. Ask the driver to take the highway. Most will, but some will take the back roads, which doubles the time.
  3. Make sure you have Baht and, if possible, some small denominations. The driver will sometimes ask you to pay the toll(s), and the toll taker cannot always break a Thousand-Baht bill. (~$30) Some drivers will avoid the second toll, which doesn't add that much time to the trip.
  4. Ask at the hotel what time you should catch the cab back. It took almost an hour to get from the hotel to the highway when I was there last month. Granted, it was six at night when I left, but Bangkok traffic is worse than anything in the US.
  5. Be clear you want a cab back to the airport, not a limo. Otherwise, that hotel will arrange a limo, which will be four or five times the price. They will indicate it's easier to arrange a limo, but there is no problem getting a cab at the hotel.
I've had a couple of not so fun rides from the taxis hanging outside of the Suk57 Marriott. I now walk the 10 steps to Sukhumvit and hail a moving taxi. I'd actually recommend, in general, never to take a taxi that's parked and waiting for prey, er, a fare.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Soft drinks in the JW Marriott

Not sure if this is just at the JW or is common to all the Thai properties but I noticed today that they now sell 245ml cans of Pepsi etc instead of the more common 330ml that they used to provide. The prices haven't changed .
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Not sure if this is just at the JW or is common to all the Thai properties but I noticed today that they now sell 245ml cans of Pepsi etc instead of the more common 330ml that they used to provide. The prices haven't changed .
Don't know. I get mine from the lounge for free. And if I want something different I go to the 7-11 around the corner.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Guess another try to prevent people from re-stocking used minibar items by 7-11-items..
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Chris26WI
Guess another try to prevent people from re-stocking used minibar items by 7-11-items..
Actually, it's more to do with the saga between Pepsico and their local bottler in 2013 - you may have seen "Est" cola being sold in Thailand. Est is produced by the previous distributor of Pepsi, and are in a pretty bitter war for market share there. Now, the Thai market has a preference for tall, thin glass bottles over cans and later on one of the three, I think it was Est, changed their cans to the slimline 245ml versions (whilst keeping the price unchanged). Coca-Cola and Pepsi had to follow suit rapidly, because it actually cost them significant market share. Consumers in Thailand preferred the 245ml slimline versions and apparently didn't care that the price didn't drop proportionally from 330ml (after taking into account fixed costs of course). Profits all round!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
I'm planning a week's stay at bkk Marriott sukomvit 57. Anyone stayed at the executive apt n given lounge access for Gold?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:17 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
## Marriott sukhumvit 57##

I think no executive lounge acces if u book into apartments... But there is a residence lounge ( not sure what they provide)

I am staying here for a night and I am totally upset about the service level here...
I take in consideration that it is high season and the hotel is fully booked but that can't be a justification...
Had recent stays at Conrad, Westin and Méridien Bkk and all were sold out during my stays.
Arrival: taxi driver unloads luggage no staff from hotel make a move. I see two staff members chatting to each other at the front door.after a couple of minutes someone arrives with a trolley after me waiving several times.
Checkin: I walk to elite line. Nobody in queue .. On the way I get asked for my passports which I was already visibly trying to get out of my pockets. As the lady who approached me on the way figures out I walk straight to elite line she insists to see my member card... I decline and tell her to just hold on a minute.... Ridiculous.
Clublounge: unfriendly response when I ask for a tea. "What do u want" Coffemachine/hot water dispenser has warning lights "clean now" on ... When I tell that certain staff member I just get ignored and she walks on.
Ridiculous...

Crowned is that experience here today with an encounter with the concierge..
I enquired about fast track at don muang airport.
He said not available only when I book the hotel limousine. I needed fast track for arrival for a later date when I would stay at another hotel...
He replied it was not possible as he could not make money on that !!!!
I insisted on reconsidering his reply.... he asked for my room number saw gold member with several stays here and then replied it was available at 1000thb pp ...available for booking on the next morning ...

It's a joke here.. Will seek conversation with mod tomorrow before c/o

Sorry for grammar mistakes // not a native speaker and in rage

Last edited by cln; Jan 1, 2015 at 10:07 am
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:55 pm

Brief JW review

Just spent several nights at the JW. Not sure what the fuss is, this property is clearly in need of major refresh, it is worn and compared to the Ren or other properties is not in a great neighborhood. Also, the lounge offerings are nothing that spectacular compared to other JW in Asia region - mini greasy hamburger or other oily noodles, etc... I cant see why to chose this property over the Ren or other Marriott. I wonder if they should even consider downgrading this from JW branding.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Headed to Bangkok on my honeymoon. will be there for 3 nights. which of these properties is recommended? I have platinum status but may not have status next year.

Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by njxbean
Headed to Bangkok on my honeymoon. will be there for 3 nights. which of these properties is recommended? I have platinum status but may not have status next year.

Thanks.
Will you have platinum status when you travel? I recommend the JW, but others will just as vehemently say the Ren. Can't go wrong with either one.

Courtyard is an acceptable option - maybe a "star" below the JW and Ren, but sometimes the cost savings is worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.