Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ripley62
On the other hand for a first time visitor 5 days can be a lot of time in a city as congested as Bangkok. My advice is 3 nights, paid unless it’s unusually expensive, at the ROS and add the other 2 days if you’re going to some other area in Thailand like the beaches or Chiang Mai.
Totally agree. I think OP's idea of overnighting near the airport then flying out to CNX or one of the beach areas the next morning is a good one.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
Sadly. from what I can tell in my current stay, SGS has cost-reduced everything they provide vs. previous stays at this property; I probably will not come back. Nothing huge, but every little thing compared to a year ago is cheaper or worse.
thats not great to hear as we’re planning on using a 7 night certificate at the SGS in November. I was tossing up the SGS and Athenee.

Normally I would not do a redemption in Bangkok but do to a mistake on Marriotts part, huge surprise I know, they convert my old 25k/night certificate to a cat 5 - long story. I took it as a sign I should switch to the SGS instead of the Athenee.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I very much doubt you'll regret your SGS stay. I spent 5 nights there on points earlier this year. It was lovely, as always.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Great price for flight especially from Houston.

I’d probably do 1+ 2 nights in Bangkok and 3 nights in Chiang Mia. But the idea of hours each way in a bus in Bangkok area traffic for day trips wouldn’t be on my list of to does. To be honest though most of what I end up planning to do is finding places to eat. So I can easily fill a week in Bangkok.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Sadly. from what I can tell in my current stay, SGS has cost-reduced everything they provide vs. previous stays at this property; I probably will not come back. Nothing huge, but every little thing compared to a year ago is cheaper or worse.
Would you give some examples of "everything they provide" being cost-reduced? I've stayed there quite recently and didn't notice any differences.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:01 pm

I had never stayed at any Marriott BKK properties until this month and I am very impressed by the offering at Club Lounge at Surawongse, JW Sukhumvit and Marquis. Great selections of food that can substitute for dinner. I still like SGS, but JW is also very appealing now that they have renovated their rooms. I don't remember Westin's Lounge food to be any good, but has it improved since it became a Marriott?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I stayed at JW in 2018. The club lounge was one of the best I've ever visited (particularly in F&B), and F&B at all the restaurants within the hotel was probably the best of any of the Marriott properties in Bangkok. The rooms were pretty bad at the time (I got a top-floor suite which hadn't been touched in a decade or two, and both it and the hallway to it were actively kind of depressing). Have they finished renovating all the rooms, or is there a risk of getting old rooms?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:15 pm

Have they finished renovating all the rooms, or is there a risk of getting old rooms?
I think all floors are either renovated or closed for renovation. When I last stayed there, they were closing the upper floors including the floor with the lounge for renovation. The lounge was temporarily moved to the NY Bar on the mezzanine level. Can get more details in the property specific thread.

Your cross-posted comment about the SGS benefits is being discussed in the SGS thread.

-David
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
I do have somewhat of "backpacker" mindset, so I rarely splurge on using points when redeeming award nights. Try to use points when the redemption is around 15000 points or less per night, and if more, I'll explore budget/2 star hotels in the area... but with that said, nice breakfast and nice lounge can really make the difference in one's mindset and happiness during a trip. To your points about paying for the room outright instead of burning points, my challenge is I'm more extreme when it comes to paying for a hotel, I prefer to find a good value 2 star hotel, lol and then the aloft/Four Points would come into play as options since I'd like to minimize cost outright even though you have a good point about the value you're getting with the $50 difference per night..
A case can be made for the fun of eating out in the city, but if your purpose is to minimize out of pocket costs then ROS or CY would be more attractive than Aloft or 4P in my opinion, despite the seemingly higher price tag. Not only you will get a more extensive breakfast, but also free drinks in the evening plus during happy hour there is enough food in the lounge to make it a meal. You could end up paying just as much at Aloft if you count your drinks and dinner outside the hotel, than you would have spent at ROS especially if traveling as a couple rather than alone.
HankAAFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escape4
A case can be made for the fun of eating out in the city, but if your purpose is to minimize out of pocket costs then ROS or CY would be more attractive than Aloft or 4P in my opinion, despite the seemingly higher price tag. Not only you will get a more extensive breakfast, but also free drinks in the evening plus during happy hour there is enough food in the lounge to make it a meal. You could end up paying just as much at Aloft if you count your drinks and dinner outside the hotel, than you would have spent at ROS especially if traveling as a couple rather than alone.
The other thing is, it's possible to eat both well and extremely cheaply in Bangkok, making the expenditure of a few more dollars on a nicer hotel less painful.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:57 pm

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park vs Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit for a 7 night award stay?

Important factors:
Ease of accessing BTS
Room newness/size
Upgrade chances

Leaning towards Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:11 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I prefer the Soi57 (Sukhumvit) personally. The lounge is far better at the Marquis however if you care about that.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Good choice. Marquis's base room (no bath tub) really sucks if no suit upgrade and platinum breakfast only allowed in lounge.

Don't forget to have dinner at cheap but delicious 55 Pochana Seafood Restaurant, between Thonglor BTS and Mariott, around 1 minute walk from hotel lobby. You can ask less spicy. During my stay here, if the lounge HH food was not my Asian/Thai type, I would go there for dinner and come back to lounge for fruits and a little desert.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by tomwhom; Aug 5, 2019 at 7:31 pm
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Not to broaden the topic too much, but I'm about to book a 2-room stay in central Bangkok and am interested in what the board thinks is the best overall hotel.

2 adults, 2 kids. Would want one that has a good lounge and permits teenagers. (They're well-behaved and would not attempt to drink alcohol, but I know there are some lounges in Asia that don't permit anyone under 18, at least during the periods where there's an open bar.)
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by pinniped
Not to broaden the topic too much, but I'm about to book a 2-room stay in central Bangkok and am interested in what the board thinks is the best overall hotel.

2 adults, 2 kids. Would want one that has a good lounge and permits teenagers. (They're well-behaved and would not attempt to drink alcohol, but I know there are some lounges in Asia that don't permit anyone under 18, at least during the periods where there's an open bar.)
Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of these lounges for a number of reasons.

That said, the Surawongse lounge is delightful. It's huge, so your kids will likely be able to have an entire room to themselves most of the time. And it has indoor and outdoor sitting areas. The staff is the best, too! They're charming, solicitous, can't do enough for you. I was unimpressed by both the food and alcohol quality. The food isn't really bad, it's just average. That said, there's plenty of food, with lots of variety, numerous choices during each time period.

This hotel also has residential-type rooms, complete with well-equipped kitchens, dishwasher, clothes washer, etc. I had a one bedroom suite when I was there a few months ago, -- details in my TR, here. Also, there are other posts in that thread with good pics of the club lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.