Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by escape4
Just noticed for the first time a Marriott Vacation Club property in Bangkok on marriott.com called "Marriott"s Bangkok Empire Place" in Yannawa.

"Marriott Vacation Club(sm) International offers spacious 1- to 3-bedroom villas that feature a full kitchen, living and dining area, and gracious master bedroom and bath. The finest amenities and Marriott service complete the experience."

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-empire-place/

Does not seem bookable yet.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
When it opens, we should create a separate property thread for it so individual trip reports can go there. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheer.s
"Marriott Vacation Club at The Empire Place, Yannawa, Sathorn, Bangkok,Thailand" has been open around ten years.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-empire-place/

https://www.marriottvacationclub.com...-empire-place/

I almost stayed there last month. (It would have been available with MVC Destination Points.) But I stayed at the Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok instead.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Horace
"Marriott Vacation Club at The Empire Place, Yannawa, Sathorn, Bangkok,Thailand" has been open around ten years.
It just started popping up in Marriott search results for me. So perhaps that's what's new?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Prepare to be disappointed.
I've stayed at most of the Bangkok properties and find the SGS offers a combination of amenities that is difficult to beat. YMMV.

That said, anyone who (i) cannot distinguish 4P service from StR service, (ii) places a high priority on free appetizers and unlimited lounge pours, or (iii) wants a sunny, spacious pool area, should simply not stay at SGS. Please considered yourself forewarned
EuropeanPete and Tokyoite like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Indeed, the SGS mainly stands on its excellent service and quality F&B, but there’s always a Four Points with a Hooters around the corner as an alternative.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Kacee
That said, anyone who places a high priority on unlimited lounge pours should simply not stay at SGS.
If you remove the word lounge from your statement, actually when I am in a drinking mood, SGS is the #1 choice in Bangkok for me. Happy hour cannot be beat when considering everything as a package: the drinking times, the quality of drinks, the service, the choice of venues, etc. I am not completely sure but it might even be #1 in the entire world of hotels I have visited as well (not only #1 in Bangkok). I love the seats in the booth by the windows at BarSu - very private.

Of course I have not been to all hotels of the world so someone might know of a better place, particularly if you include lounges where you need to pay for access such as Ritz Carltons, but in terms of free Platinum drinks, I am curious to hear from someone which hotel has a better happy hour for drinks.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
So, in this case, the best rate I saw at the SGS showed as ~5.5k with 4th night free, and the 4th night credit applied at check-out. You'd have to look real carefully to see it really only cost 4.1k. It might have just flown under the radar.
Good catch, thanks for the tip! I just did a search and indeed you are right. When I note down prices, I usually only rely on the main page on marriott.com which shows prices for each property in Bangkok. I never realized that the price shown on a booking would be adjusted down after the booking so the "real" net price is lower than shown for 4-night stays.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
I took a flyer on the Surawongse and checked in yesterday. So far, extremely impressed. It's a 4-star hotel, but is probably the best 4-star hotel I've ever stayed at.
Do you mind sharing in what ways did you find Marriott Surawong 4-stars rather than 5-stars? Other than this statement your comments are very positive.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:38 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I've stayed at most of the Bangkok properties and find the SGS offers a combination of amenities that is difficult to beat. YMMV.

That said, anyone who (i) cannot distinguish 4P service from StR service, (ii) places a high priority on free appetizers and unlimited lounge pours, or (iii) wants a sunny, spacious pool area, should simply not stay at SGS. Please considered yourself forewarned
I've had fantastic service at a Four Points (Kuta) and awful service at a St. Regis (Changsha). In BKK, which is known for amazing service, I can't say that the St. Regis I stayed at was particularly better than other city properties. I'm experiencing better service at the Surawongse right now and also remember the Le Meridien blowing me away.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
If you remove the word lounge from your statement, actually when I am in a drinking mood, SGS is the #1 choice in Bangkok for me. Happy hour cannot be beat when considering everything as a package: the drinking times, the quality of drinks, the service, the choice of venues, etc. I am not completely sure but it might even be #1 in the entire world of hotels I have visited as well (not only #1 in Bangkok). I love the seats in the booth by the windows at BarSu - very private.

Of course I have not been to all hotels of the world so someone might know of a better place, particularly if you include lounges where you need to pay for access such as Ritz Carltons, but in terms of free Platinum drinks, I am curious to hear from someone which hotel has a better happy hour for drinks.
My pick so far for best free platinum drinks at a hotel (having not tried the SGS) is actually the Le Meridien BKK's Bamboo Bar. I don't think I've stayed anywhere else that provides a full bar setting HH with craft cocktails as free drinks. But then again, I really need to try the SGS because it sounds like that's something it excels at.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Do you mind sharing in what ways did you find Marriott Surawong 4-stars rather than 5-stars? Other than this statement your comments are very positive.
Outside of the US the number of stars a hotel has is generally a matter of record rather than one of opinion - I assume this is the case here (although in Thailand as with many things, what a hotel says isn’t necessarily approved by any external bodies).
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:45 pm

I didn't mean it as a knock on the hotel at all. Simply that as a Marriott-brand hotel, and given what it offers, it seems not to put itself in the "luxury" category and more in the "full-service" category. But it's such a good full-service hotel and it hits it out of the park in so many categories that it certainly has many 5-stars "luxury" hotels beat. For example, I'd much rather return here, even in a standard room, than to the St. Regis.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:03 pm

If you remove the word lounge from your statement
Right. I put it there for a reason
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat

I have stayed at all the SPG properties except LMS. Excluding upgrades which are always hit and miss, the room size at SGS is the same as the Westin and Athenee. The Westin is a little run down is the main difference. STR is certainly better hardware. The Athenee pool I prefer, breakfasts are more than adequate in any of the 5 stars, I personally prefer the Athenee but that is taste. I rarely have more than 2 alcoholic drinks in a day so that aspect doesnt do much for me but given a choice I prefer Bamboo Chic or the Lounge at the Athenee. Exactly what service do you get there that is not available from any 5 star? My point being that there is nothing much that stands out that you dont get in some form or other than that of the other Bangkok offerings so if you expect a next level of experience you will be disappointed. Saying that I do not avoid the SGS and would stay any time I get a good rate and usually rotate my stays between 2 or 3 hotels when in Bangkok ranging from the Aloft to the StR and apart from one stay at the 4P they were all good according to my expectations given the rates and the hotel ratings.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Exactly what service do you get there that is not available from any 5 star?
None of the other properties have the range of food, beverage, and entertainment venues that SGS has. Nor do I feel as warmly welcomed anywhere else by staff throughout the hotel - from spa to Sala to Living Room to Rossini's . . . I am welcomed back as an old friend. I also think they have the best room service Thai

I am well aware of SGS's limitations, particularly the rooms (excepting the theme suites) and pool, yet find myself booking again and again because the overall experience is best for me.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:00 am

SGS has the best room service of any hotel i’ve been in full stop, though I have to admit I found the Thai a bit lacking last month. The Four Points has a khao thom to die for I wish the SGS would steal.
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.