Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Unfortunately seems there aren't any properties right in St. Germain. I needed an extended stay while some renovations in my apartment are finished up and was hoping to bank Bonvoy nights, but since nothing fits the bill, had to go in a different direction.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Looking to book 2 rooms for 5 nights with points. Narrowed it down based on reviews and hotels that offer both 1 King and 2 Twin/Single rooms (for 2 pre-teens). All are 50 K a night.
Debating between: Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero, Marriott Opera Ambassador, Le Metropolitan and Marriott Rive Gauche.
Which would be best in terms of location and room size when traveling as a family with kids?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by peroorim
Looking to book 2 rooms for 5 nights with points. Narrowed it down based on reviews and hotels that offer both 1 King and 2 Twin/Single rooms (for 2 pre-teens). All are 50 K a night.
Debating between: Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero, Marriott Opera Ambassador, Le Metropolitan and Marriott Rive Gauche.
Which would be best in terms of location and room size when traveling as a family with kids?
The Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel will have the biggest rooms. What do you want to see and do? When are you going? 2 nights doesn't give you time to see anything in Paris beyond quick drive-by visits of all the major tourist sights, unless you plan very, very carefully. I would certainly avoid museums because they will consume way too much time on such a short visit.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by itravelalot
I would certainly avoid museums because they will consume way too much time on such a short visit.
I don't agree with that. The Orsay can be seen in under two hours. Or spending one of two days in the Louvre would not be a bad option. Especially with Notre Dame now off the list.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by peroorim
Personally Rive Gauche is my favorite, but the location is a little farther out. But it's close to a metro line and the RER so getting anyplace is easy. It also has a decent lounge for breakfast and evening snacks which could be nice. Rooms are a good size for Paris.

Metropolitan is also a little far out. It's in a well to do area however. Haven't stayed there so I don't know how the rooms are

Opera is probably the most centrally located for the tourists thing
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
Hey guys,

I'm planning a trip to Paris for 5 days over 4th of July weekend. Using points, and hopefully SNAs. Would love to get your feedback on best hotels.

When I book, I'm looking for:
A. Good location. Not in the heart of tourist central, and also safe + walkable to shops/restaurants
B. Good breakfast. Prefer a big breakfast, because that can fuel me until dinner.
C. Modern and Luxurious.

Sounds like I want it all .

Would you recommend Prince de Galles, Hotel De Berri, Renaissance Vendome or Hotel Banke Opera?

Would appreciate any help! Thank you all very much!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
Paris: Which Hotel?

I know there are a bunch of threads about Paris, but a bit tough to navigate and a few new openings so I thought I'd ask.

I'm trying to decide between the (i) Renaissance Paris Vendome, (ii) Hotel Banke Opera, and (iii) the Prince De Galles.

Staying for 5 nights using points and hoping to clear my SNAs. My first time in about 5 years, so less touristy stuff, but still a bit. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, AC 25K
Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero-breakfast?

Thinking of booking this hotel on points. As titanium elite, what is the breakfast benefit? Any other thoughts on this hotel? Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I stayed at the Renaissance Republique and was very disappointed with the room. I booked one of the higher category suites which shows a very nice room, with a desk and a separate seating area. My room was very different, no desk and a small seating area with a table opposite so you had to squeeze past. The seating area was much smaller than shown on the web site.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Which properties in Paris (ideally 13th) are most likely to have solid air conditioning? I'm assuming Courtyard Gare de Lyon since it's essentially new construction (a converted office tower), but are any of the other properties known to be good for this?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
Which properties in Paris (ideally 13th) are most likely to have solid air conditioning? I'm assuming Courtyard Gare de Lyon since it's essentially new construction (a converted office tower), but are any of the other properties known to be good for this?
Wrong side of the river, but Republique (10th) has very good A/C. It's a new build.
Originally Posted by airswim
Thinking of booking this hotel on points. As titanium elite, what is the breakfast benefit?
Full breakfast in the restaurant. It's excellent. The viennoiserie was particularly good.
Originally Posted by Markie
I stayed at the Renaissance Republique and was very disappointed with the room.
I SNA'ed into the Skyline Suite and would not have been happy if I'd paid over 400 Euro for it.

Staff were great. I don't love the area, but in Paris that is very much personal taste.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Kacee

I SNA'ed into the Skyline Suite and would not have been happy if I'd paid over 400 Euro for it.

Suite Received

Suite Received

Suite Booked
Kacee and Ripley62 like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, American Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents Circle
I am Ambassador. I stayed at the Renaissance Republique in April for 6 days. The hotel is new, has great A/C, a terrific outdoor patio that accommodates cigar smoking (but that also means cigarette smokers too) and the Metro is right around the corner. The service was also good. Having shared all that for balance purposes, as with many vintage Marriott properties, I found their loyalty recognition to be very poor. The feel of the hotel was like the offspring from a Moxy and an Element. The room we were assigned was very small ( had to move furniture to be able to comfortable walk within the room) and yet was considered an upgrade. The suites on the upper level were not made available, even though they were available during our stay. I also did not love the location of the hotel. It is in an area with lots of bars/restaurants. However, you found yourself constantly surrounded by teams of pick-pocketers, ladies of the evening and others who did not make you very comfortable strolling around at night. If more police were present in the area, it would have helped, but most were in the Republique park dealing with riff-raff and/or “yellow vests”.
This is my 3rd stay in Paris. Both previous were with Starwood. This was the first with the newly combined company and came away underwhelmed, by the loyalty recognition. I stayed in London immediately before my Paris stay, and was equally underwhelmed with the loyalty recognition compared to previous visits to Western Europe as an Ambassador. I spoke with Marriott’s Corporate loyalty team about my experiences as I believe what I am experiencing (also in former Marriott properties in the US) is due to a training issue. I am cautiously optimistic things will improve in this area. I hope this data helps with Paris properties research.
Ripley62 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:52 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Some of the hotels are not open for booking. I called Marriott and they said I'll have to wait. They open the booking 6 months before actual stays. I pointed out there Marriott normally open up booking for the next 300 days. The rep just said this is for hotel to decide.

Not sure what to believe....
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:21 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

It appears most of the hotels here have a max occupancy of 2. Any hotels can accommodate more than 2 with Marriott points or annual reward nights? From what I know, the double bed in Europe is not like the standard queen bed in US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.