Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm a little curious about that comment, as I didn't like the location (or the property) at all. To me, staying near the Champs Elysee is comparable to staying near Times Square. And Avenue de Wagram is a busy nondescript street with zero charm. It is convenient to the Ternes Metro station. Getting to the George V station is a pita.
the line 1 entrance to Charles de Gaulle/etoile metro station is just up the street from the hotel. Not certain why this would make it a PITA to get to george V which is just one station away on line 1?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Any Paris Marriott properties with a lounge that is open on a Saturday evening? Opera is sold out for the night I need in June.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by illico

the line 1 entrance to Charles de Gaulle/etoile metro station is just up the street from the hotel. Not certain why this would make it a PITA to get to george V which is just one station away on line 1?
Sorry, I misspoke. I was referring to Charles de Gaulle/Etoile. I found it a pita due to the crowds and the intersections you have to cross to get to the hotel. Ternes is much more convenient.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
1 night in Paris

Will be coming back from Slovenia / Croatia and have a 22 hr layover at CDG. Planning to take a train to PAris, dinner , wander, hotel, ad train back to CDG in the am. What Marriott properties are closest to the train lines form CDG?
Thx
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This thread might provide the answer or give you additional info:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...t+Bonvoy+Paris

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In Paris, there's the RER (suburban train line) from the airport, but also some public and AF buses.

Off the top of my head, the Marriott Rive Gauche is a several block walk from a station on the RER line (no transfers required and elevators/escalators rather than being forced to use stairs with luggage). Other "good " stops on the same line would be Luxembourg and St Michel in the left bank (plus Pont Royal but it's not that close to hotels or tourist stuff) probably Chatelet/Les Halles on the right bank but that's a huge station to navigate with luggage. I would avoid the Gare du Nord area as it's rather sketchy IMO, so that I don't even like to change to the subway there. The same applies to Gare de l'Est.

IIRC there's a Courtyard at the train station across the river from the 5th/13th (Chinatown area) where one of the public buses stops.

For the right bank, the AF bus goes to Opera, where the stop is almost across the street from the W. The Westin is about six blocks away, through Place
Vendome.

IIRC there's a bus to Etoile also, so look at hotels in that area of the right bank. Unfortunately Prince des Galles isn't close to any convenient public transportation to/from CDG.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:21 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I'm a little curious about that comment, as I didn't like the location (or the property) at all. To me, staying near the Champs Elysee is comparable to staying near Times Square. And Avenue de Wagram is a busy nondescript street with zero charm. It is convenient to the Ternes Metro station. Getting to the George V station is a pita.
Just a follow-up on the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe.

First, from my earlier post, I guess I should say, I liked the hotel's location in the sense that I liked the combination of location + quality + price. I don't know that it was the best location, though I found it perfectly fine. I have been a few times but I still don't feel like I have a good sense for what is the "ideal" location in Paris (and I have found Paris to be one of those cities like Tokyo that, as a tourist, you're going to spend some time in transit to various different parts of town anyway), so I would be curious to hear from @Kacee or others which Paris Marriott hotels they think have the best location (regardless of quality of hotel).

But anyway as for the Ren ADT: overall I liked it a lot. Very modern style hotel, which isn't easy to find in Paris, and all of the benefits of that -- big elevators, good climate control, nice functional bathroom, etc. I'm sure the neighbors think it's an eyesore but you don't have to look at it when you're staying there; the rest of the block looks more traditionally Parisian.

Ternes Metro is very close and Etoile Metro/RER is a short walk at the other end of the block, offering a good combination of lines heading in different directions, although like many Paris Metro transfer stations, it can be a labyrinthine walk through the station to get to the line you're looking for (especially the RER), but the M1 access point is quite close and will likely be the most useful line for a lot of tourist activities. (I'm not sure why anyone would go to George V Metro when the M1 stops at the closer Etoile station?) Immediate area is a little bland, but that can have advantages (we encountered several con artists/would-be pickpockets in the otherwise beautiful Opera area, for example), and there are a number of nice little boulangeries, fromageries, etc., on Avenue des Ternes near the hotel.

I booked 2 rooms and was also able to use a combination of SNAs for one room to a Junior Suite and points + cash upgrade for the other to a Paris Sky View Terrace room, which was one of the main reasons I chose this hotel. (In theory SNAs are offered to their very best room categories, though I don't know how often they clear.) Junior Suite had a so-so view facing La Defense and the northwest, but was otherwise reasonably spacious -- in a US suburban hotel it would be considered a entry level room size, but in Paris that's a good upgrade. Sky View Terrace room was a smaller room but with a beautiful big balcony. As several have posted on this thread, not all Eiffel Tower views are created equal, and this was definitely not a "prime" view since you could only see the upper part of the tower above the landings, but it was still worth it, and the view was also sweeping in the other directions up to Montmartre and across the city. To be able to secure that view in advance at a reasonable price was perfect for this trip.

And finally, elite treatment was also quite good. Was given the option of both 1000 points or a 10EUR F&B credit PLUS free breakfast or 750 points per day. Breakfast was not the best in Paris of course but I thought it was good with a nice set of options on the hot buffet and a decent bakery selection. We also got a coupon for 2 drinks (wine or beer) for being a Titanium member, and they generously extended all elite benefits to both rooms I had booked.

Also, perhaps most importantly, no protest activity at all during our Mon-Thu stay. I would not stay here on Saturdays at the moment. We saw many spiderwebbed windows and plywood-covered facades nearby, not so many right on the block of the hotel but lots in the general vicinity as especially as you walk down Champs Elysees.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bgriff
Just a follow-up on the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe.

But anyway as for the Ren ADT: overall I liked it a lot.
Sounds like you had a very nice visit. I've always thought NovemberApril is the best time to visit Paris because the tourists are considerably fewer than MaySeptember.

For what it's worth, this is actually the standard:

Was given the option of both 1000 points or a 10EUR F&B credit PLUS free breakfast or 750 points per day.
The drink coupons were, however, over-and-above the standard required recognition. I personally think a daily drink coupon should be required at Renaissance properties, as it seems like a notable number of Renaissance properties don't have club, executive, or concierge lounges.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I would be curious to hear from @Kacee or others which Paris Marriott hotels they think have the best location (regardless of quality of hotel).
Of the Marriotts, I like the Ren Republique location best, as it's a real neighborhood. Vendome is extremely convenient. Marriott doesn't really have any properties in the areas I would most prefer to stay (6th or 7th).

I've never liked staying in this part of the right bank (1st/8th/17th), and consider the Champs Elysees the Paris equivalent of Times Square or Fisherman's Wharf. Moreover, this property's specific location is utterly lacking in charm . . . about the best you can say about it is it's reasonably close to the metro.

I agree the breakfast at this property is good and the rooms are large. But my only stay here, I was given a very poor room overlooking Avenue Wagram on a very expensive (over $600) rate, and found the front desk staff extremely arrogant (FDA insisted on speaking English to me, despite my French being at least as good as her English).
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Of the Marriotts, I like the Ren Republique location best, as it's a real neighborhood.
Yes, this! I'm glad I went with the Republique recommendation here -- my rate didn't include breakfast, but the hotel threw in free breakfast for all three of us staying in the room, which probably saved us 200 or so.

found the front desk staff extremely arrogant (FDA insisted on speaking English to me, despite my French being at least as good as her English).
Perhaps they were trying to practice their English, or considered speaking to you in English more polite? I've had that happen in various hotels around the world, despite my speaking the local language.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Perhaps they were trying to practice their English, or considered speaking to you in English more polite? I've had that happen in various hotels around the world, despite my speaking the local language.
Sure that's possible. If it were anywhere but Paris, I'd have been willing to give her the benefit of the doubt
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Rens Parc Troc, Vendome, and Republique cancellation deadlines

Ren cancellation deadlines longer than most other Paris properties and (IMO) onerous; searching for late Sept and early Oct in central Paris properties (note: AdT is exception);
Ren Parc Trocadero: 14 days
Ren Vendome 7 days
Ren Republique: 7 days
Moxy Paris: 1 day
Design Hotel de NELL: 1 day
CY Gare de Lyon: 1 day
Westin Vendome: 1 day
Marriott Opera: 1 day
W Opera: 1 day
Banke Autograph: 2 days
Marriott Rive Gauche: 1 day
Design Maison Champs Elysees: 2 days
Marriott Champs Elysees; 1 day
Hotel de Berri, LC: 1 day
Prince de Galles, LC: 1 day
Ren AdT: 1 day
Le Dokhans Tribute: 1 day
Le Metropolitan Tribute: 1 day
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
Ren cancellation deadlines longer than most other Paris properties and (IMO) onerous; searching for late Sept and early Oct in central Paris properties (note: AdT is exception);
Ren Parc Trocadero: 14 days
Ren Vendome 7 days
Ren Republique: 7 days
Moxy Paris: 1 day
Design Hotel de NELL: 1 day
CY Gare de Lyon: 1 day
Westin Vendome: 1 day
Marriott Opera: 1 day
W Opera: 1 day
Banke Autograph: 2 days
Marriott Rive Gauche: 1 day
Design Maison Champs Elysees: 2 days
Marriott Champs Elysees; 1 day
Hotel de Berri, LC: 1 day
Prince de Galles, LC: 1 day
Ren AdT: 1 day
Le Dokhans Tribute: 1 day
Le Metropolitan Tribute: 1 day
It's a plague that's spreading. I'm actually surprised at so many 1 day cancels, especially that time of year, which is ultra high demand.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:19 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Sounds like you had a very nice visit. I've always thought NovemberApril is the best time to visit Paris because the tourists are considerably fewer than MaySeptember.

For what it's worth, this is actually the standard:

The drink coupons were, however, over-and-above the standard required recognition. I personally think a daily drink coupon should be required at Renaissance properties, as it seems like a notable number of Renaissance properties don't have club, executive, or concierge lounges.
Interesting, I can't keep track of the many different breakfast benefit rules by brand and region. I guess I was shorted by the Ren Barcelona, then, where breakfast was given in lieu of the 1000 points, but I have enough self-esteem not to descend into Bonvoy customer service hell to try to get that corrected.

But in any case, in addition to the free drinks, offering the breakfast and other elite benefits for both rooms is also above and beyond the T&Cs I believe. So good for the hotel there.

Of the Marriotts, I like the Ren Republique location best, as it's a real neighborhood. Vendome is extremely convenient. Marriott doesn't really have any properties in the areas I would most prefer to stay (6th or 7th).

I've never liked staying in this part of the right bank (1st/8th/17th), and consider the Champs Elysees the Paris equivalent of Times Square or Fisherman's Wharf. Moreover, this property's specific location is utterly lacking in charm . . . about the best you can say about it is it's reasonably close to the metro.

I agree the breakfast at this property is good and the rooms are large. But my only stay here, I was given a very poor room overlooking Avenue Wagram on a very expensive (over $600) rate, and found the front desk staff extremely arrogant (FDA insisted on speaking English to me, despite my French being at least as good as her English).
Location of Ren Republique looks interesting and I may have to try that on a future stay. For this stay, the touristy location was fine and the Eiffel Tower view was a particular benefit of this property, but I can see how the location is not ideal for someone who wants a more Parisian, less touristy stay.

I will say, I did find the service to be very friendly throughout our stay, but YMMV of course.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Interesting, I can't keep track of the many different breakfast benefit rules by brand and region.
I agree. It's even more complicated when brands with, say, lounges as a brand standard have an increasing number of properties without said lounges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.