Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ohmark
Basis of strong recommendation? Thanks.
I've stayed there every year since it opened. I've had several friends and colleagues stay there. Everything has always gone well. The only downside is the lack of a lounge -- they could at least offer complimentary drinks in the mini-fridge or a free cocktail, something -- and some design flaws in the bathroom. You get turndown service, the breakfast is more than sufficient, the restaurant is good for dinner and actually has non-hotel guest clientele, there's a spa, and the concierge is very good.

Others on here have had similar good experiences.

I guess what I really like about it is the location. It's within walking distance of everything, except the Eiffel Tower (unless you like long, long walks), but in a more typical and authentic Paris neighborhood.

I would like to stay at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel just because I like luxury hotels but I don't know if the extra points (or money) is really worth it because I don't see how it could be that much better than the Renaissance. Plus, if I had the money, as opposed to traveling on someone else's money or my points, I would stay at The Ritz, The Peninsula or the Four Seasons.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Oct 4, 2018 at 5:31 am
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Prince de Galles is a very solid luxury hotel. I’ve not been to the Renaisssance, but I’d be very skeptical of any comparison. The Prince de Galles has an except group of Cross-Key concierges, a Michelin started restaurant and possibly the world’s most beautiful gym, amongst other things. When you use your SNA you can get booked into a €4,000 a night Suite with hand carved wooden wardrobes and magnificent terrace views overlooking Paris.

The Peninsula or George V are Palace hotels and so at another level. When the Prince de Galles is available at around €600 a night for an entry-level room, you would usually expect Palace hotels to be comfortably north of €1,000, so I don’t really think the comparison is fair (that said, I actually prefer the Prince de Galles to what feels to me as the tacky glitz of the George V).

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Oct 4, 2018 at 9:09 am
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The Prince de Galles is a very solid luxury hotel. I’ve not been to the Renaisssance, but I’d be very skeptical of any comparison. The Prince de Galles has an except group of Cross-Key concierges, a Michelin started restaurant and possibly the world’s most beautiful gym, amongst other things. When you use your SNA you can get booked into a €4,000 a night Suite with hand carved wooden wardrobes and magnificent terrace views overlooking Paris.

The Peninsula or George V are Palace hotels and so at another level. When the Prince de Galles is available at around €600 a night for an entry-level room, you would usually expect Palace hotels to be comfortably north of €1,000, so I don’t really think the comparison is fair (that said, I actually prefer the Prince de Galles to what feels to me as the tacky glitz of the George V).
I'm not disagreeing that the building and decor will be nicer and the staff even better. I'm merely saying that for the price the Renaissance Republique is very good and I don't know if I could justify the extra money -- if it were my money -- for the Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection if I was going to spend most of the day out and about in Paris.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Is your comment based on personal experience or what you read on the website?

European properties don't always measure their rooms using the same standards as US properties. They tend to be considerably more conservative.
As to Renaissance Republique, only the Marriott website. Because several categories of rooms show the same minimum and maximum, have my doubts as to the accuracy as to any particular category. But, like the property description and what hockeyinsider has to say about it. However, not sure I want to take a chance on a room that is just too small for two.

Last edited by ohmark; Oct 4, 2018 at 9:57 am Reason: adding name of hotel
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:06 am

Westin Vendome/Renaissance Vendome

Love the location of Renaissance Vendome, but loathe to pay the exorbitant add-on cash rates when using points, for a three category upgrade to the property's smallest human-sized room. Any comments about the nearby Westin Vendome? Thanks.

Last edited by ohmark; Oct 4, 2018 at 11:26 am
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
I’ve been a few days ago in AC Porte Maillot. Quite nice for the price but disappointing that I receive a message “you have been upgraded “ and that I see online that it was to a 2 bedroom suite . When I opened the door of my room I saw it was the simplest room of the property... even though app still showed 2 BR suite

I am now In Renaissance Republique . It is nice but the same : no upgrade, no thank you for being platinum or any verbal recognition (just handing over a voucher for 10$ consumption & telling me that bfast is included ). I took the room with points but I can’t understand the current price tag of 400-500 € per night .

with SPG my upgrade rate was close to 100% even if not to always to suites .... hope that it’s not the new norm .
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:02 pm
Suspended

As to Renaissance Republique, only the Marriott website. Because several categories of rooms show the same minimum and maximum, have my doubts as to the accuracy as to any particular category. But, like the property description and what hockeyinsider has to say about it. However, not sure I want to take a chance on a room that is just too small for two.
I can't imagine they wouldn't upgrade you from a small room. Email the hotel and see what options they will give you.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gringuito
I’ve been a few days ago in AC Porte Maillot. Quite nice for the price but disappointing that I receive a message “you have been upgraded “ and that I see online that it was to a 2 bedroom suite . When I opened the door of my room I saw it was the simplest room of the property... even though app still showed 2 BR suite

I am now In Renaissance Republique . It is nice but the same : no upgrade, no thank you for being platinum or any verbal recognition (just handing over a voucher for 10$ consumption & telling me that bfast is included ). I took the room with points but I can’t understand the current price tag of 400-500 € per night .

with SPG my upgrade rate was close to 100% even if not to always to suites .... hope that it’s not the new norm .
Did you complain? Obviously, either the front desk gave you the wrong room or the Marriott application was incorrect. That's a big deal that I would have addressed.

As for the Renaissance Republique, it's a city center hotel. Are you platinum or platinum premier? There may have been no upgrades available. Who knows.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Love the location of Renaissance Vendome, but loathe to pay the exorbitant add-on cash rates when using points, for a three category upgrade to the property's smallest human-sized room. Any comments about the nearby Westin Vendome? Thanks.
Love the WPV, however I am biased, having stayed here many times over the years. Concierges, SPG Guest and Front Desk teams here terrific! Rooms vary in size, but from the pictures I've seen online of the Renaissance, they are generally larger, and you can get some great views over the Tuileries all the way from the Louvre to the Eiffel Tower from the rooms facing rue de Rivoli, as well as some nice views of the Tuileries from the rooms towards the corner on rue de Castiglione. Even the courtyard facing rooms have good light. The bathrooms are not quite state-of-the-art (that is being generous) however they are spacious, and for us not a deal breaker. Platinum breakfast buffet is solid, you can also order off the menu. Gym is small, no windows. We never dine on property other than an occasional Plat breakfast, so can't speak to that. And there are often good rates. Just rebooked our upcoming stay with a nice price-drop. ^
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by miles4CDG
Love the WPV, however I am biased, having stayed here many times over the years.
Thanks.
Thoughts on likelihood of upgrade from superior to deluxe or higher for pp, for award stay in late July?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Thanks.
Thoughts on likelihood of upgrade from superior to deluxe or higher for pp, for award stay in late July?
I think you will be lucky to get anything other than what you booked at any chain hotel in central Paris. July is the busiest time of the year for tourists in Paris.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by miles4CDG
Love the WPV, however I am biased, having stayed here many times over the years. Concierges, SPG Guest and Front Desk teams here terrific! Rooms vary in size, but from the pictures I've seen online of the Renaissance, they are generally larger, and you can get some great views over the Tuileries all the way from the Louvre to the Eiffel Tower from the rooms facing rue de Rivoli, as well as some nice views of the Tuileries from the rooms towards the corner on rue de Castiglione. Even the courtyard facing rooms have good light. The bathrooms are not quite state-of-the-art (that is being generous) however they are spacious, and for us not a deal breaker. Platinum breakfast buffet is solid, you can also order off the menu. Gym is small, no windows. We never dine on property other than an occasional Plat breakfast, so can't speak to that. And there are often good rates. Just rebooked our upcoming stay with a nice price-drop. ^
Having only stayed at the Westin twice (both times in the last twelve months, once as a Gold, once as a Plat), I don't share all that enthusiasm. It's a very good location, and generally not priced outrageously. I've had decent-sized rooms, but checkin can be a zoolike experience and I find the hotel impersonal and rather charmless in any event. I do like most of the concierges, although I found one of them rather unhelpful and supercilious. I had a big problem on my last stay trying to print something in the business center, and it took quite a long time to get real help.
Everyone, of course, has a different frame of reference. My go-to hotels in this century (in the last one I favored small & charming Left Bank hotels) have been LeGrand and, since it opened, the Park Hyatt Vendome, but I've stayed in both many, many times, so have been treated very well (particularly at the former). (Ive also stayed in all of the icons over the years except for Le Bristol and have to say I love the George V but would make the Ritz my home if I had the choice.)
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I think you will be lucky to get anything other than what you booked at any chain hotel in central Paris. July is the busiest time of the year for tourists in Paris.
Not necessarily my experience. But, would present a particular problem for award stays at Ren Republique where the listed size (on the website) of the triple upgrade "Artist Studio" room widely varies from unacceptable to okay, and at the WPV where the superior rooms (only ones listed on website for awards) also vary from very small to slightly larger than very small. Not a problem for a single traveler, but very small spaces for more than one.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:53 am
Suspended

Not necessarily my experience. But, would present a particular problem for award stays at Ren Republique where the listed size (on the website) of the triple upgrade "Artist Studio" room widely varies from unacceptable to okay, and at the WPV where the superior rooms (only ones listed on website for awards) also vary from very small to slightly larger than very small. Not a problem for a single traveler, but very small spaces for more than one.
You are being unreasonable, in my opinion. Absent paying for an upgrade or using suite night award certificates, I doubt you will get a complimentary suite upgrade in July at any central Paris hotel. But again, I would proactively reach out to several hotels to see if you can confirm an upgrade pre-arrival.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
would present a particular problem for award stays at Ren Republique where the listed size (on the website) of the triple upgrade "Artist Studio" room widely varies from unacceptable to okay, and at the WPV where the superior rooms (only ones listed on website for awards) also vary from very small to slightly larger than very small
Since you've never stayed in either property, you're just speculating about actual room size. Please don't present that as fact.

And if you want a suite, book a suite. That's what many of us do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.