Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
delete
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by glnsf
Not sure if you read through any of this thread, but in my opinion between the CE and Vendome, you'll be better off at the CE property. Rooms are much larger at the CE. You could end up in a very small room at Vendome, less likely to happen at CE as a Platinum. In fact, the smaller rooms at CE are larger than the larger rooms at Vendome, excluding suites of course. Neither property has a lounge, but both will give you breakfast, Vendome's being a bit more generous.
If bigger room is the only or primary consideration, CE is choice over RV. If location is as important as space, it's a much closer call.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Best Marriott for Family in Paris

Opinions on the best Marriott with children (2 grandparents and 6 and 9 yo) in Paris for summer 2018. On rewards points of course. (This must be a slam-dunk for this group's mod.)
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mikelat
I booked the Champs Elysees on points. As a Plat, I figure we'll at least have lounge access if not a big room upgrade.
There is no CL at the FS CE, so you won't have access. Breakfast is sometimes limited to two, so you might not get a third free breakfast, either. And many of the rooms are small with one bed and no room for a cot, so you might have that issue, too. In several points stays, I've never gotten an UG to anything that could be considered a larger room, although I usually get two rooms if I'm traveling with others. I really couldn't imagine having three people in any room I've been assigned.

Originally Posted by TheCount2
Opinions on the best Marriott with children (2 grandparents and 6 and 9 yo) in Paris for summer 2018. On rewards points of course. (This must be a slam-dunk for this group's mod.)
The RG FS and St Denis CY are a little farther out, but easily accessible to transportation into the main parts of the city. The rooms are larger and both offer larger rooms meant for families. The RG FS has a CL. The CY is a Cat 5 IIRC so it's a bargain. Friends (H, W, 2 kids) stayed there and loved it as much as we loved the FS CE. It's Paris. The family will love the location no matter what hotel.
WillTravel4Food and TheCount2 like this.

Last edited by CJKatl; Oct 29, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The RG FS and St Denis CY are a little farther out, but easily accessible to transportation into the main parts of the city. The rooms are larger and both offer larger rooms meant for families. The RG FS has a CL. The CY is a Cat 5 IIRC so it's a bargain. Friends (H, W, 2 kids) stayed there and loved it as much as we loved the FS CE. It's Paris. The family will love the location no matter what hotel.
I will concur on the Rive Gauche recommendation. Train lines are nearby and accessibility is not an issue, excepting for possible mobility limitations in your party. The lounge is one of the most efficiently managed, in my experience. It can be crowded, but we didn't experience any major issues. Rooms are not fancy, but serve quite well for family vacations. The only issue I found with the hotel is it's view of the Eiffel Tower is completely blocked by the only skyscraper (Montparnasse?) in the city.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Srisarin
To compare anything between Paris (France) and Newark is IMO, totally absurd.
My point was that Marriott has repositioned Renaissance to what I called a corporate boutique brand. The problem is there are many older Renaissance properties that don't fit the brand's newer concept.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Headed to Paris with wife and will be 2 1/2 year old kiddo next year for 5 nights after doing the Medoc Marathon. I booked the Champs Elysees on points. As a Plat, I figure we'll at least have lounge access if not a big room upgrade.

The other option is the Ren Paris Vendome for the same amount of points. Bu the Ren won't have a lounge, right?

My wife hasn't been to Paris in years. We plan to explore the city a bit and show my son the sights, even though he's a bit young. Figured CE would be in the midst of everything but now wondering if that may be too overwhelming. Any recommendations for which option is better for a family, and possibly for Plat room upgrades?
Why would you want to stay at the Champs Elysees? Once you get over the Arc de Triomphe, the area is basically the same as Regent and Oxford streets in London or Times Square in New York. There are some better options in Paris that put you in neighborhoods, like the Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel. Many of the big sights are within 15 or 20 minutes by foot from the Republique.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Why would you want to stay at the Champs Elysees?
While the poster's traveling companions might be a little young, the location is perfect when traveling with teens. There is so much activity on the sidewalks. The kids seem to like it more than the more staid Paris neighborhoods.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ohmark
If bigger room is the only or primary consideration, CE is choice over RV. If location is as important as space, it's a much closer call.
Originally Posted by glnsf
Not sure if you read through any of this thread, but in my opinion between the CE and Vendome, you'll be better off at the CE property. Rooms are much larger at the CE. You could end up in a very small room at Vendome, less likely to happen at CE as a Platinum. In fact, the smaller rooms at CE are larger than the larger rooms at Vendome, excluding suites of course. Neither property has a lounge, but both will give you breakfast, Vendome's being a bit more generous.
Thanks for the help.

I had read the recent parts of thread which seemed to favor Vendome. Or maybe I missed some details on CE.

I'll keep the res at CE. With a kid in the room it'll be better to have any little bits of more space for the time we'll be in the room.

Too bad no lounge at CE, I must have misread something stating they had one.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Why would you want to stay at the Champs Elysees? Once you get over the Arc de Triomphe, the area is basically the same as Regent and Oxford streets in London or Times Square in New York. There are some better options in Paris that put you in neighborhoods, like the Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel. Many of the big sights are within 15 or 20 minutes by foot from the Republique.
Mostly because when I had spent time in Paris it had been in that area. I liked all the activity near by and I recall it pretty central to many places. Admittedly, that was a few years ago so it may be worth trying out a different place. Any others you'd recommend that have short walks to good food, sights, and maybe a garden or open area for our little kiddo?

How is the Marriott Opera Ambassador for room size?

Last edited by mikelat; Oct 30, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:51 pm

I'll keep the res at CE. With a kid in the room it'll be better to have any little bits of more space for the time we'll be in the room.
Be sure your reservation allows for three in the room. In Europe, especially Paris, occupancy is often limited to two and that includes kids. It's not like the States where they sometimes don't include kids in the count nor will they look the other way or make an exception when you are standing at the front desk after thousands of miles traveling. At the CE FS, generally if you have a paid UG (points and cash for a superior or family room) you will be okay but don't depend on getting an UG. The standard room will not accommodate three people.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Mostly because when I had spent time in Paris it had been in that area. I liked all the activity near by and I recall it pretty central to many places. Admittedly, that was a few years ago so it may be worth trying out a different place. Any others you'd recommend that have short walks to good food, sights, and maybe a garden or open area for our little kiddo?

How is the Marriott Opera Ambassador for room size?
The Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel is really perfect because it is 20 minutes by foot from most of the tourist attractions, but is in a charming area of Paris with some squares/parks nearby.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CJKatl
At the CE FS, generally if you have a paid UG (points and cash for a superior or family room) you will be okay but don't depend on getting an UG. The standard room will not accommodate three people.
Exactly. Why stay where everyone else on points wants to stay, making upgrades or any special requests more difficult?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
I am having a bit of trouble understanding some of the abbreviations. I get that CE is Champs Elysees, but what is FS CE? CL= Lounge? RV = Renaissance Vendome?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by TheCount2
I am having a bit of trouble understanding some of the abbreviations. I get that CE is Champs Elysees, but what is FS CE? CL= Lounge? RV = Renaissance Vendome?
All correct. These abbreviations have been used both on this thread and in the Marriott board for years, but, as always, when confused, ask.

The CE property is a full service (FS) property. This is the abbreviation used for a Marriott Hotel brand hotel, as opposed to a Ren, JW or SHS. Examples: Addison TX has a FS, CY, SHS and RI within blocks of one another. When a city has both multiple Marriott Hotels (ie the CE FS and the RG FS) and multiple brand in the same areas sometimes both abbreviations are used. Granted, in Paris just calling the property the CE would probably be enough, but both specifies which brand and which location.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.