Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I'm actually surprised at how many Renaissance options there are in Paris.

Slightly off-topic, but this is one of my pet peeves with Marriott. In Paris anyways, most of the Renaissance properties seem to be going for the brand's new look -- corporate boutique. That's certainly the case with the Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel, which, if you didn't know better, you would think was an independent boutique hotel. By contrast, the Renaissance at Newark tries to do this, but it just doesn't work for a variety of reasons.
Not sure what the peeve is of your pet peeve. Love the boutiquey feel of the Vendome.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ohmark
Not sure what the peeve is of your pet peeve. Love the boutiquey feel of the Vendome.
That Renaissance, like many of Marriott's brands, is confusing without a clear identity. Every Renaissance hotel -- be it in Paris, Newark, Toledo, Novi, or wherever -- should be consistent.

Putting lipstick on a pig, that is to say redecorating an old airport hotel or getting the staff to wear hipster clothes, doesn't help or make things clearer.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
That Renaissance, like many of Marriott's brands, is confusing without a clear identity. Every Renaissance hotel -- be it in Paris, Newark, Toledo, Novi, or wherever -- should be consistent.
Actually that's the opposite of what the Ren brand is supposed to be. If you want cookie-cutter you stay at a Marriott. But that's a discussion for a different thread rather than cluttering up the Paris property thread. However, since it's temporarily derailed:

Marriott Take: “… A global, full-service brand in the upper-upscale tier that targets lifestyle-oriented business travelers. Each Renaissance hotel offers its own personality, local flavor, and distinctive style. Innovations include the Navigator program, which helps guests discover the soul of the neighborhood, and Evenings at Renaissance, which helps guests experience the unexpected with live music, mixology demonstrations, art exhibits, and more in the comfort of the hotel lobby bars and lounges.”

Cheers.
ysolde likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Actually that's the opposite of what the Ren brand is supposed to be. If you want cookie-cutter you stay at a Marriott. But that's a discussion for a different thread rather than cluttering up the Paris property thread. However, since it's temporarily derailed:

Marriott Take: “… A global, full-service brand in the upper-upscale tier that targets lifestyle-oriented business travelers. Each Renaissance hotel offers its own personality, local flavor, and distinctive style. Innovations include the Navigator program, which helps guests discover the soul of the neighborhood, and Evenings at Renaissance, which helps guests experience the unexpected with live music, mixology demonstrations, art exhibits, and more in the comfort of the hotel lobby bars and lounges.”

Cheers.
By "consistent" I meant consistent as in keeping with the brand is supposed to be. I call it "corporate boutique." The problem is many of the long-established Renaissance properties just don't work with the new-ish brand concept, which you quoted. As others have said in other threads, that's why Marriott has been reflagging some of its existing hotels to Delta.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
As others have said in other threads, that's why Marriott has been reflagging some of its existing hotels to Delta.
Marriott's not really done that. It's been picking up other chains hotels & rebranding them as Delta.

But back to Paris

Cheers.
Srisarin likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:39 am

Traveling to Paris next july as part of our honeymoon. I prefer the Vendome, but worried about getting stuck in the smallest room. We will be here 3-5 nights. I am platinum and will be on our honeymoon, do we have a good chance of being upgraded to at least a 'normal' sized room, or will they charge us for any form of upgrade?

If so, we may go to the CE, Trocadero, or one of the new SPG cat5.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
deleted
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by conner11
Traveling to Paris next july as part of our honeymoon. I prefer the Vendome, but worried about getting stuck in the smallest room. We will be here 3-5 nights. I am platinum and will be on our honeymoon, do we have a good chance of being upgraded to at least a 'normal' sized room, or will they charge us for any form of upgrade?

As a Platinum you're likely to receive some sort of upgrade, but even then it may not be that big. Given that its your honeymoon, perhaps you should reserve the room type you will be comfortable in, and not count on an upgrade. Alternatively, I suggest the Renaissance Arc De Triomphe, where the entry level rooms are bigger and have big windows.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:13 pm

IME, you may likely get an upgrade, but not to a "normal size room." My first stay at the property (paid) was upgraded one step, but room was tiny (as opposed to the minute regular room). Second stay (points), paid for multiple step upgrade, to a room that was the size of a smaller room in a U.S. center city Marriott. Acceptable, but certainly would not characterize as large.
OTH, as you know, the location cannot be beat. You might also consider the Trocadero. Neither the commercial/touristy location nor size of CE suggests that it would be right for a honeymoon, IMO. Congrats.

Last edited by ohmark; Oct 26, 2017 at 5:14 pm
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
To compare anything between Paris (France) and Newark is IMO, totally absurd.

I'm actually surprised at how many Renaissance options there are in Paris.

Slightly off-topic, but this is one of my pet peeves with Marriott. In Paris anyways, most of the Renaissance properties seem to be going for the brand's new look -- corporate boutique. That's certainly the case with the Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel, which, if you didn't know better, you would think was an independent boutique hotel. By contrast, the Renaissance at Newark tries to do this, but it just doesn't work for a variety of reasons.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Plt, , UAL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I agree with the previous replies. We've always been upgraded as PP, but even the Prestige room can feel quite small. My wife really only enjoys the Parsian Suite at that property, which is a tough upgrade to score (but not impossible). IMO since it's your honeymoon, consider paying for the Prestige Room and ask for an upgrade (which might get you into a "suite"), or look to one of the other Ren properties like Trocadero, or perhaps the C-E property if you don't mind that neighborhood.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by glnsf
I agree with the previous replies. We've always been upgraded as PP, but even the Prestige room can feel quite small. My wife really only enjoys the Parsian Suite at that property, which is a tough upgrade to score (but not impossible). IMO since it's your honeymoon, consider paying for the Prestige Room and ask for an upgrade (which might get you into a "suite"), or look to one of the other Ren properties like Trocadero, or perhaps the C-E property if you don't mind that neighborhood.
I will be using points, can i still pay the difference to get a slightly larger room?

Also considering transferring points to SPG and staying in one of their cat5 Design hotels, the Le Metropolitan looks nice. It is in the same area of the trocadero. Prefer the location of the Vendome, but may need to go to a second option.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:43 pm

I will be using points, can i still pay the difference to get a slightly larger room?
Yes. When you get to the web page that shows award availability for your dates, there are usually a series of upgrade offers that require cash to be added to the points.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Headed to Paris with wife and will be 2 1/2 year old kiddo next year for 5 nights after doing the Medoc Marathon. I booked the Champs Elysees on points. As a Plat, I figure we'll at least have lounge access if not a big room upgrade.

The other option is the Ren Paris Vendome for the same amount of points. Bu the Ren won't have a lounge, right?

My wife hasn't been to Paris in years. We plan to explore the city a bit and show my son the sights, even though he's a bit young. Figured CE would be in the midst of everything but now wondering if that may be too overwhelming. Any recommendations for which option is better for a family, and possibly for Plat room upgrades?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA LT Plt, , UAL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Not sure if you read through any of this thread, but in my opinion between the CE and Vendome, you'll be better off at the CE property. Rooms are much larger at the CE. You could end up in a very small room at Vendome, less likely to happen at CE as a Platinum. In fact, the smaller rooms at CE are larger than the larger rooms at Vendome, excluding suites of course. Neither property has a lounge, but both will give you breakfast, Vendome's being a bit more generous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.