Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: Not enough to count anymore
I have a 5 night stay this week at the Le Parc Trocadero and Im looking forward to the experience. 3rd time in Paris but first time in a named hotel and as a plat. as a bonus. Glad I got in before the points increase!.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
I have a points stay booked for the end of April at the Ambassador Opera. I know there is a separate thread about it, primarily concerned with the move from Radisson to Marriott a short time ago. Not a lot of information about the property yet specifically. Vendome, CE, AdT and Parc Troc are all available for our short 3 night stay at 135K points. Ambassador Opera at cat 8 was 120K.

Does anyone who has stayed at the Opera property have an opinion about its relative value - ie is it worth the extra points to stay at one of the other available properties? It seems to be a bit of an unknown, and going from Radisson to Marriott without any apparent upgrades to the property has me wary. We are platinum and value the lounge and upgrade possibilities.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by krobbins
I have a points stay booked for the end of April at the Ambassador Opera. I know there is a separate thread about it, primarily concerned with the move from Radisson to Marriott a short time ago. Not a lot of information about the property yet specifically. Vendome, CE, AdT and Parc Troc are all available for our short 3 night stay at 135K points. Ambassador Opera at cat 8 was 120K.

Does anyone who has stayed at the Opera property have an opinion about its relative value - ie is it worth the extra points to stay at one of the other available properties? It seems to be a bit of an unknown, and going from Radisson to Marriott without any apparent upgrades to the property has me wary. We are platinum and value the lounge and upgrade possibilities.
I stayed at the Ambassador a couple of weeks ago and thought it was very pleasant. The rooms were quite large by Parisian standards, and the location is fine (near the Opéra and the big department stores). The lounge is a typical European hotel lounge -- breakfast was decent and offered both hot food as well as the usual pastries -- although I don't know what it was like in the evenings because I was working late.

Can't speak to upgrades, but as a Gold I got a pretty nice room on an upper floor. There is a great view of Montmartre from the lounge.

I haven't stayed at any of the other Marriott properties in Paris, so I can't compare.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:24 pm

Does anyone know if the Paris Marriott on the CE has a car rental desk? I called the toll free Marriott number and they said that there is an Avis desk there but I can't find that location on Avis's web site and their CSR said there is no location listed at the Paris Marriott. I remember Hertz used to be there but that location is no longer available on the Hertz site. I don't want to get to the hotel and be SOL.

I didn't post this in the car rental forum because the Avis traffic is just about non existent.

Bobette
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
No. The nearest Avis location is:

60 Rue de Ponthieu
Phone: 33-0-820 61 16 23
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
Thanks for the mini-review Phudnik. It sounds like you had a good experience at the Ambassador Opera. Unfortunately "very pleasant" "nice" and "typical" are not necessarily the adjectives I am looking for to describe the property at the number of points needed for Cat 8. Anyone else care to chime in on whether or not the other available Paris hotels are a better choice for the extra 5K per night, whether it is the basics of the hotel or the treatment of platinum guests?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by krobbins
Thanks for the mini-review Phudnik. It sounds like you had a good experience at the Ambassador Opera. Unfortunately "very pleasant" "nice" and "typical" are not necessarily the adjectives I am looking for to describe the property at the number of points needed for Cat 8. Anyone else care to chime in on whether or not the other available Paris hotels are a better choice for the extra 5K per night, whether it is the basics of the hotel or the treatment of platinum guests?
Le Parc Trocadero....ask to meet the GM, Ms. LeGrande, a lovely and accomodating hotelier who goes above and the call to assist her guests. Hotel is in a semi-residential area close to Trocadero and Eiffel Tower. we stay there four or five times a year...and have stayed at ALL of the other FS Paris properties. Lovely place/great location/great food.....one of our favorite in the entire world!
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:06 pm

Just had a fabulous one year anniversary with the wife in London (2 days) and Paris (9 days). Comments on Marriott stays in Paris:

Renassiance Paris Vendome - 5 nights on points

Booked smallest room. Was told there was no upgrades available. Upon processing check-in the receptionist said she was going to give me the keys to a "Prestige room" for me to see if I wanted that for a 60 Euro/night up charge. I asked why I had to pay that (since it explicitly states an upgrade is free of charge, SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY in the Platinum materials). Anybody know if Vendome has an exception to this rule that allows them to charge for upgrades? I'm aware of the MR points + cash upgrade option (which I choose not to use when booking), but this was ridiculous. Needless to say, I declined to even look at the Prestige room.

The hotel needs a clue on revenue management. Upgrading me to a 600 Euro/night room allows someone off the street to book the 450 Euro/night cheapest room. There really is no cost to the UG. Regardless, wife and I were very happy with the hotel and would go back. Great location, mediocre breakfast (who cares it was free for being PLT), staff mediocre. Room was very small, but its within walking distance to EVERYTHING. We never took the metro from this location.

Renaissance Arc de Triomphe - Cash 1 night

Upgraded to Sky View. Great view of Arc and Eiffel Tower. Great breakfast. Bad = we asked for extra towels and the maid gave us one towel that she must have put under her un-deoderized Parisian armpit.

Marriott Champ Elysees - Walked in, had drink in lobby

No Parisian substance to this hotel. Not a great location as I could see the bellmen having trouble with the traffic on the Champs Elysees. Just a plain vanilla Marriott with convention rooms and no substance.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Is AC Paris Porte Maillot opened?

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
AC Hotel Paris Porte Maillot will be the 14th Marriott hotel in Paris. It will open in 2014.

The AC Hotel Paris Porte Maillot will be ideally located to the west of central Paris in the well-known district of Porte Maillot, overlooking the Boulevard Périphérique, with excellent transport links to the city’s centre and world-class tourist attractions, including the Champs Elysées just a few metro stops away. Considered the gateway to the major business district of La Défense, Porte Maillot is home to the Palais des Congrčs, one of the city’s largest and best-equipped congress venues.

http://news.marriott.com/2012/09/mar...-marriott.html
Has this hotel opened yet? The Marriott site is taking reservations for it over July 4th but I've see no reports or photos on this site or Trip Advisor yet. Very hesitant to book at a hotel that may still be under construction (I've done that before to my regret...)

Thanks all for any info!
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Marriott Rewards (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Has this hotel opened yet? The Marriott site is taking reservations for it over July 4th but I've see no reports or photos on this site or Trip Advisor yet. Very hesitant to book at a hotel that may still be under construction (I've done that before to my regret...)

Thanks all for any info!
I have reservations there for a few days a little over a week after the 4th. Rates are decent. We'll see how it is. I've been looking around and haven't found any reviews but the pics sure look OK.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Just had a fabulous one year anniversary with the wife in London (2 days) and Paris (9 days). Comments on Marriott stays in Paris:

Renassiance Paris Vendome - 5 nights on points

Booked smallest room. Was told there was no upgrades available. Upon processing check-in the receptionist said she was going to give me the keys to a "Prestige room" for me to see if I wanted that for a 60 Euro/night up charge. I asked why I had to pay that (since it explicitly states an upgrade is free of charge, SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY in the Platinum materials). Anybody know if Vendome has an exception to this rule that allows them to charge for upgrades? I'm aware of the MR points + cash upgrade option (which I choose not to use when booking), but this was ridiculous. Needless to say, I declined to even look at the Prestige room.

The hotel needs a clue on revenue management. Upgrading me to a 600 Euro/night room allows someone off the street to book the 450 Euro/night cheapest room. There really is no cost to the UG. Regardless, wife and I were very happy with the hotel and would go back. Great location, mediocre breakfast (who cares it was free for being PLT), staff mediocre. Room was very small, but its within walking distance to EVERYTHING. We never took the metro from this location.

Renaissance Arc de Triomphe - Cash 1 night

Upgraded to Sky View. Great view of Arc and Eiffel Tower. Great breakfast. Bad = we asked for extra towels and the maid gave us one towel that she must have put under her un-deoderized Parisian armpit.

Marriott Champ Elysees - Walked in, had drink in lobby

No Parisian substance to this hotel. Not a great location as I could see the bellmen having trouble with the traffic on the Champs Elysees. Just a plain vanilla Marriott with convention rooms and no substance.
Thanks for the update on the properties!

Originally Posted by Brucemcdou

Thanks all for any info!
Originally Posted by FenderP
I have reservations there for a few days a little over a week after the 4th. Rates are decent. We'll see how it is. I've been looking around and haven't found any reviews but the pics sure look OK.
If either of you would do a 'trip report' after your stay(s) in a new thread (to make it easier for search), it would be great appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FenderP
Thanks Fender - I've seen those photos as well but I think those pictures are the computer-generated interior decorator version! I'm just wary of showing up to a hotel with the gym closed and spotty air conditioning. We stayed at the Marriott Rive Gauche right when it opened from a renovation and had all of those experiences...

SkiAdcock - absolutely agree that a trip report and photos would be useful for such a new property!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Best for romantic stay?

Looking to spend a couple of nights in Paris on an award stay in September as part of a special trip my wife and I are taking to celebrate both our anniversary and a big birthday for her (her age ending in "0"). I've searched this thread and found surprisingly few references to the most romantic hotel(s) folks would recommend. Hence my question: Which Marriott property there is best for a romantic stay? (Though I know that just about any stay in Paris is romantic...)

FWIW, we've been to Paris a couple of times before and don't need to be right near the CE or AdT, though being within easy walking distance of the center would be nice. Another minor consideration is which hotels might do best for Golds in terms of upgrades or other perks.

The perusing I've done so far seems to indicate that the Renaissance properties might be best. The Ren Trocadero stands out a bit in that, if I understand it's location correctly, it is fairly central but in a nice, relatively non-touristy neighborhood where restaurants and shops have more or a local feel. (Am I right about that?) Anyway, I'm very open to any advice about hotels as well as rooms, views or locations within a given hotel to request.

Also, the post below caught my eye, but doesn't seem to identify the hotel in question. Anyone know which one it is?

Thanks for any help!

Originally Posted by avflyer
Instead of beginning a new thread, I thought it best to simply add on to the very detailed thread by the OP. My wife and I just stayed here on an award stay and the services were so good, I feel compelled to share our experience. I hope that the non-hotel oriented comments are also helpful.

As a precursor, two and three years ago, we stayed at the Park Hyatt Vendome while I was a diamond with Hyatt. Between the room upgrades and the incredible breakfast buffet there, I prepped my wife that perhaps this trip might not rise to the same level she had grown accustomed to when in Paris. I am here to report that I was wrong. Our stay was wonderful and frankly most of that had to do with the front line staff.

Like the OP, I typically reach out to the hotel staff via email prior to a trip. I find that the effort makes a difference especially when hoping for special attention like an early morning check-in or on this trip, an upgrade or dropping a hint that we were celebrating a special anniversary. It took me a while to get the emails flowing. The hotel does not list an email on their Marriott home page and calling didn’t help. Finally, emailing via the general Marriott site did get a great response.

The first night we were provided a room with a courtyard view. Upon check-in I inquired about a room upgrade but for that evening, there was nothing available. We were put down for an upgrade the following night so we didn’t unpack that first evening. The following morning, we placed our luggage in storage and upon our return that afternoon, were pleased to learn that the suitcases had already been moved into the new room for us. The Skyview rooms have a beautiful balcony overlooking the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and in the distance Montmartre. Unlike the inside balconies that are small (one chair), these can easily seat four although they include just two chairs with a table and a chaise lounge. Our unit was on the end and did not have a bathtub, something I didn’t think about when I made the request. But according to our neighbor, their room did have a bathtub. Admittedly, the view made the trip perfect as after a long day of sightseeing, we had cocktails outside most every afternoon. These rooms also come with upgraded toiletries. Note that there are only 5 Skyview rooms and they are well worth the $$. I think we simply got lucky that one was available.

As the OP noted, turn down service included nice chocolates and usually a surprise gift.

On our anniversary, we returned to our room in the late afternoon to discover a bottle of champagne on ice. There wasn’t a card included so my first thought was that my brother arranged for it. I called the reception mentioning that we were thrilled to be greeted by a bottle of champagne but wanted to know whom it was from. I was told that it was courtesy of the team. BTW, included with the bottle was a book of romantic places to kiss in Paris that I thought was a nice touch.

The breakfast was very nice and included as a Gold or better. Breakfast was served on the weekends too. In addition to the buffet items, there are some elements from the kitchen menu that are also available at no charge including omelets and eggs cooked to order. There is plenty to choose from and the staff is very good at clearing away a used dish while you are up selecting something new. Really top notch.

The concierge staff is terrific, friendly and extremely helpful. We were looking to take in a show and one of the concierges emailed me a list of options from the most inclusive and expensive to the most basic and budget oriented. Admittedly, if you are looking to get the most bang for the buck, you need to let them know that. Their first reaction will be to provide you with the very best Paris has to offer. We worked with all three concierges and each one was amazing.

A few Paris tips. First, don’t let the concept of using the Metro overwhelm you. It is easy and there are two very convenient stations within a few blocks of this hotel. You can get most anywhere with one or two trains. As the OP mentioned, the hotel didn’t bloat the mini-fridge leaving you room to add your own favorites. Around the corner from the hotel is a Monoprix which is a supermarket. Don’t let the first floor clothing store look turn you away. In the back and downstairs is a supermarket where we loaded up for our daily picnics as well as water and drinks for the hotel. And plan for late afternoon rain. It happens.

When it comes to dining, it helps to do your own homework too. For example, we like to dine nicely and why not when you are in a city like Paris. However, while some evenings are designated for splurging a little, we didn’t want to do that every night. Here I found that the Zagat was useful. One evening, I passed on the concierge’s suggestion as I found a great deal at brasserie L’Auberge Dab before making the reservation. They have a special they call the “Business Menu” but don’t expect to see it in their English menu. They do include it in their French menu. Online you can view it in English. For 39 Euro you get an aperitif, very nice starter, main course, cheese course, desert option with coffee and half bottle of wine or mineral water. You simply can’t beat that value. This restaurant seems to be part of a group as some sister restaurants have similar options. FWIW, our concierge, while familiar with the restaurant was not aware of this menu option and also thought it a great deal.

Lastly, the Zagat iPhone app also came in handy on the night we were simply out strolling and didn’t know where we wanted to eat. The app made it easy to find dining relative to where we where. One night we were strolling by ile Saint-Louis and being Monday in August, not every nearby restaurant was open. The app found us Pareho Bistro des Gastronomes. Paris has many types of dining experiences and we love finding a young, talented and creative chef that really knows what they are doing. As I said, if it weren’t for the app we would have eaten like tourists that night. The couple next to us were locals and even the hostess was surprised to hear that we found them on the internet. I think they are open less than two years.

Last note about Paris especially for anyone who hasn't been back in 10 years or so. English is not an issue, at least wherever we were. I speak some French but didn't need to stress out using it other than casually, admittedly when it sounds better and more natural - less forced. Also, without trying to be loud or "American", I do tip for service. A few Euros here and there are very much appreciated. For example, at Dab, I asked for the Business Menu which at first did not sit well with our waiter. The non-French around us were most definitely dining on a much more "extensive" menu. I quietly mentioned that I realize that it was not the menu he expected us to order but that I would take could care of him (which I did) regardless. Suffice it to say that service was top notch, generous and well paced. You don't need to go over the top with tipping but the gesture stands out in a positive way.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Jul 3, 2014 at 12:23 am
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Just finished two lovely stays at Le Parc Trocadero in July, one over Bastille day and the other last weekend. Bastille day fireworks shot from the Eiffel Tower was a truly cathartic event: 100,000 people in the trocadero listening to operas for three to four hours waiting for the show.....then singing john lennons Imagine in unison to the show....but I digress badly!

Hotel continues to be of wonderful quality, with a great American breakfast. Staff very accommodating. It is great to see consistent quality of product for the almost four years we have been staying there!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Anyone have lounge updates (details or dates) to any of the following properties?

* Paris / Marriott Champs-Elysees / NO LOUNGE/ Cont'l brekkie daily; 07/13 update
* Paris/ Marriott Rive Gauche / Open for soft drinks/snacks; Breakfast in restaurant on weekends; i-net terminals & free wifi; No children under 15 without adult; 12/13/13 update
* Paris / Marriott Opera Ambassador / CLOSED; Full breakfast in restaurant on weekends; key accessible for soft drinks/coffee; 05/14 update
* Paris / Renaissance Paris Vendome / No Lounge; Full breakfast everyday
* Paris / Renaissance Parc Trocadero / NO LOUNGE; Full breakfast everyday; 08/05/14 update
* Paris / Renaissance Arc de Triomphe / NO LOUNGE; Full breakfast;1/12 update
* Paris / Renaissance La Defense / CLOSED; Full breakfast in restaurant; key accessible for soft drinks; i-net terminals; 07/06/14 update
* Paris / Charles De Gaulle Airport Marriott / NO LOUNGE; Breakfast coupons and coupon for 1 drink at the bar or restaurant; 05/20/13 update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.