Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 6:06 am
Original Poster

I booked this hotel by using the Marriott Free Stay Certificate which I received from the stay in Bangkok last year. I stayed here for a night only and then have to check out early in order to drive back to San Francisco for dinner.

Check in: Waited for few mins and it was fast. The check in staff suggested me to go to a supermarket (VONS) and get what I need.

Exterior

Room

Bathroom

Hotel Decoration: The hotel was renovated recently. It looks very stylish and clean.

Room: Normal size. The air conditioning system was a bit loud. There is a little balcony with 2 chairs.

Bathroom: Clean with a bathtub. Aveda bath amenities! Loves it~

Location: I thought the hotel is very near the beach, but I could not see it. There are some restaurants around the hotel, it is easy to find. I picked a restaurant and didn’t like that much. The supermarket (VONS) has a free parking space which is located at the roof of the supermarket, or else you can park on the street.

Price/Points: 1 Free Night Cert. Very reasonable.

Breakfast: I didn’t try it, because it was not included.

Any Special: Parking fee $20/night

For more photos or other hotel reviews, please visit my web site: www.ThePointsAddiction.com
Old Apr 11, 2015, 6:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
This used to be my usual hotel in the area. This year they raised their standard rate to $269 and I no longer stay there. Great hotel, but I just can't justify the price. I even sent a note to their Sales guy asking if he would honor the rates of other local properties. He said "no" so I've spent the last three trips at the Crown Plaza in Redondo for around $165/night and have 10 nights next month at the Hyatt for $199/night and it's right across the street from the Renaissance.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's really not a beach in walking distance but a harbor.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
This used to be my usual hotel in the area. This year they raised their standard rate to $269 and I no longer stay there. Great hotel, but I just can't justify the price. I even sent a note to their Sales guy asking if he would honor the rates of other local properties. He said "no" so I've spent the last three trips at the Crown Plaza in Redondo for around $165/night and have 10 nights next month at the Hyatt for $199/night and it's right across the street from the Renaissance.
Seriously, I really don't think this hotel worth that much.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Completed stay. Gold. Full breakfast. Lounge closed weekend but given $10 voucher. Nice decor. Harbor view, high floor. $22 self park. Modern decor. Plenty of bars, restaurants walking distance.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Completed stay. Gold. Full breakfast. Lounge closed weekend but given $10 voucher. Nice decor. Harbor view, high floor. $22 self park. Modern decor. Plenty of bars, restaurants walking distance.
Was the $10 voucher for breakfast in the restaurant? Did that cover cont'l or full?

Cheers.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Was the $10 voucher for breakfast in the restaurant? Did that cover cont'l or full?

Cheers.
Full buffet breakfast for two as gold. $10 used at bar.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold

Rates were lower this week so I went back. Paid $179 room rate. Self parking = $24.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I have a weekend stay coming up here in just a few weeks (Saturday until Monday). Any recent reviews and any ideas on getting cheaper self parking around the hotel?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:11 pm

I searched but did not find an actual thread dedicated to the Renaissance Long Beach. Any recent stays here with insights to Platinum room upgrades and breakfast during weekends when the lounge is closed?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:38 pm

Some info just in case it will help anyone looking at the Renaissance Long Beach for an upcoming stay.

Recent one night stay, Platinum Elite celebrating a birthday in the party, was upgraded to what the FD referred to as a 1 bedroom executive suite (upgrade was requested via chat on the Bonvoy app). I actually think it is pictured online as a "Guest room, 1 King, Harbor View, Corner room, Balcony," and it was possibly the best room in the hotel. 1 bedroom separated by double doors, bedroom with shower and separate whirlpool tub, another toilet and sink in the living area. The room seems slightly dated, but everything was clean and elegant. Was also comped parking due to the birthday, which was a pleasant surprise.

Couple of small issues: soundproofing on windows is somewhat poor, sink in bedroom was very slow to drain and same sink faucet water pressure was very low.

Lounge is closed during weekends, but key access (from both 11th or 12th floors) will get you small bottles of water, several different types of soda, hot tea and drinks from a Starbucks machine (iirc 2 different coffee brews, hot chocolate or a chai latte).

Breakfast in the morning was the restaurant buffet and, though I normally do not enjoy the typical Marriott buffet very much, my breakfast was surprisingly good. The eggs were relatively soft and fresh, the bacon tasted like a traditional bacon, and the french toast was good. Included were also a good variety of fresh fruit (watermelon, strawberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple), oatmeal, a couple different cereals, toast and a few other items I can't recall. Coffee and juice were served by the wait staff. No espresso drinks were available at the time.

Requested and granted a late 4 pm check-out, but ended up leaving earlier.

I am fairly certain the birthday gave us better perks, but overall, a wonderful stay.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:58 pm
azj

Any recent experiences at this property? Just booked two rooms for 1 night before a cruise. This will be my first stay as Titanium.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by azj
Any recent experiences at this property? Just booked two rooms for 1 night before a cruise. This will be my first stay as Titanium.
I was there recently and it was bad. The rooms and the surrounding area. I felt unsafe outside after dark. Lots of homeless people and people openly doing drugs on the sidewalks. They even had city employees with vests that read something like "Safety Ambassador" to make people feel better.
My first room had a bathtub that had a film of mud covering the entire surface. I wish I hadn't lost the ability to upload pics to Flyertalk. 2nd room had a broken AC unit and broken mini-refrigerator. A/C was repaired on day 2, but they never repaired the refrigerator. Good news is that the lounge is closed and they offered free breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:30 am
azj

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I was there recently and it was bad. The rooms and the surrounding area. I felt unsafe outside after dark. Lots of homeless people and people openly doing drugs on the sidewalks. They even had city employees with vests that read something like "Safety Ambassador" to make people feel better.
My first room had a bathtub that had a film of mud covering the entire surface. I wish I hadn't lost the ability to upload pics to Flyertalk. 2nd room had a broken AC unit and broken mini-refrigerator. A/C was repaired on day 2, but they never repaired the refrigerator. Good news is that the lounge is closed and they offered free breakfast in the restaurant.
Yikes. Maybe the Westin is the better choice! Same neighborhood though. Good thing there's time.

Last edited by azj; Nov 5, 2021 at 11:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.