Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by azj
Yikes. Maybe the Westin is the better choice! Same neighborhood though. Good thing there's time.
the Westin is right next to it. I stay in LB for work all the time. I’d put the Hyatt regency at the top of the list for nicest hotels in LB, followed by Westin, Rennaisance, Hyatt Pike, and then Hilton. The Westin is the nicer Marriott property, it’s beautiful on the inside. My only other advice, like the previous poster mentioned don’t wonder too far north of the hotel at night on foot, it gets a little sketchy.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I usually choose the Westin, but this time was at the Renaissance and it was pretty good. And closer to the Pine restaurants and the Pike. I was upgraded to a rather large junior suite with wrap around views. Nothing negative about the stay.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by stimpy
I usually choose the Westin, but this time was at the Renaissance and it was pretty good. And closer to the Pine restaurants and the Pike. I was upgraded to a rather large junior suite with wrap around views. Nothing negative about the stay.
Is the concierge lounge open?

David
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by DELee
Is the concierge lounge open?
Nope. Are there any Marriott lounges open in California?

Oh, I forgot one thing. Although breakfast was included, I signed a $40 check and gave them an $8 tip. So they added the $8 to my room bill! After several hundred hotel nights in the USA, I don't think I've ever been charged a tip on a free breakfast! Weird.

Last edited by stimpy; Mar 6, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Old May 9, 2022, 3:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Just had a one-night stay here as a Titanium. Overall, liked the hotel for what it was, though the cash price would've been insane- I used a 35k certificate for my stay. Breakfast downstairs was more than what most Marriott hotels offer, plus they offer a $10 credit/1k point option in addition to that. Would stay again- check out my full tour
Old May 10, 2022, 4:56 pm

This place makes it's money off conference-goers - I spend 3-6 days at one of the area hotels every February, and when there's a conference underway those room START at $600/night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.