Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by lamphs
Unrelated to the property, Paseo de la Reforma, is closed on Sundays to motorized vehicles. Traffic on the side streets is horrible, so allow plenty of time if you are leaving the neighborhood on a Sunday.
How much extra time would you recommend? We are currently leaving here on a Sunday in a couple of months and this issue has been in the back of my mind. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by wcj1
How much extra time would you recommend? We are currently leaving here on a Sunday in a couple of months and this issue has been in the back of my mind. Thanks in advance.
I can't speak re: airport travel on a Sunday. It did take an hour to get to Centro Historico, leaving about 10 AM, and then about 90 minutes to return around 2 PM.

On Monday evening, I headed to the MR Courtyard at MEX for the night. Leaving at 5:45 PM, it was a 90 minute drive, and the driver indicated that he had seen worse during the week.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I will be going here in early Feb., are their any recent views of the Club Sheraton Executive Lounge?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
I will be going here in early Feb., are their any recent views of the Club Sheraton Executive Lounge?
See post #117 . Doubt much has changed in 30 or so days.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Has anybody stayed here recently? I see the website says that the lounge is still closed (not surprising) but "If you have the Sheraton Club benefits for your Marriott Bonvoy Elite level or rate, your breakfast, canapé services and drinks in the afternoon will be provided through Room Service." I'm curious what this looks like...

Looking at a trip down to CDMX in May and the rate here is curiously cheap for the location. It's no more expensive than the Courtyard WTC or the Hampton Inn Centro.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 1:16 am

I haven't been since February 2020, but I too noticed rates were low and so I booked February 2022 a few days ago in hopes that I can go back then.

While I like the Four Points location better in some ways, I did appreciate the suite upgrade at the Sheraton (especially vs the Four Points), breakfast in the lounge was very good, and the location is good. I know this doesn't answer your food question, but I'm not hesitating to rebook it, especially when the rate is this low.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Has anybody stayed here recently? I see the website says that the lounge is still closed (not surprising) but "If you have the Sheraton Club benefits for your Marriott Bonvoy Elite level or rate, your breakfast, canapé services and drinks in the afternoon will be provided through Room Service." I'm curious what this looks like...

Looking at a trip down to CDMX in May and the rate here is curiously cheap for the location. It's no more expensive than the Courtyard WTC or the Hampton Inn Centro.
I haven't stayed here recently but I really like this hotel and the location is absolutely perfect. Mexico City may be in "yellow" covid level by May and everything will be open. But, I'm surprised the lounge is still closed since all the indoor restaurants here are open, and have been for several weeks. Try sending a message to the hotel for more up-to-date information that may not be available on the web. The prices are low and last year when they dropped to their current prices is when I booked it for Halloween and day of the dead. Even though they didn't have the big parade people were out in full force and that hotel was in the center of it. Got an upgrade to corner suite. Very nice hotel. I'm considering booking it again since the prices have dropped. Last time I looked it was about $250 night and now about $128. Enjoy your trip.

I usually book right near the Zocalo, but they've been blocking off that area and shutting everybody in during the last two times I was there. So, I rather be outside the lockdown area that you can't return to after a certain hour. Not sure if they will still have a lockdown in Sept but I don't want to find out I was stuck in there last independence day and new year's eve.

Edit: Just went back and changed the dates again, so the new rate is $88 (inc tax) per night for 3 nights and I went ahead a booked the zocalo room for $37 (inc tax) one night just in case. Because all the rooms will be fully booked if the independence day celebration does go on. Better be safe than sorry.
lamphs likes this.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Mar 28, 2021 at 10:35 am
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:14 pm

I will be staying for 2 weeks here in December and January. What's the email address for the hotel? I'd like to email them about if the lounge is open and if they can upgrade me to a better room for an extended stay
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by canadianidol
I will be staying for 2 weeks here in December and January. What's the email address for the hotel? I'd like to email them about if the lounge is open and if they can upgrade me to a better room for an extended stay
Here you go. Please let me know what they say about the lounge. I'm thinking of staying in November. When I called about three weeks ago, they said that the lounge is closed, but that full breakfast buffet in the restaurant would be offered as a replacement.

Property Email Address:
[email protected]

Concierge Email Address:
[email protected]
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1999driver
Here you go. Please let me know what they say about the lounge. I'm thinking of staying in November. When I called about three weeks ago, they said that the lounge is closed, but that full breakfast buffet in the restaurant would be offered as a replacement.

Property Email Address:
[email protected]

Concierge Email Address:
[email protected]
Hi there, stayed at this property two weeks ago. The lounge is still closed and will remain so untill 2022, according to given info. Full breakfast in restaurant and room service canapes/drinks are given instead.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Patagonico
Hi there, stayed at this property two weeks ago. The lounge is still closed and will remain so untill 2022, according to given info. Full breakfast in restaurant and room service canapes/drinks are given instead.
Thanks for the update. It's a bummer for the people who already have breakfast included in their corporate rate. The last time I stayed there, the restaurant breakfast was decent, but not outstanding. I hate sounding like a snob here especially since I didn't pay for the breakfast separately. Lounges are usually a nice place to relax when not crowded.

If anyone wants a suggestion for a much better full breakfast buffet in the Marriott chain, go to the Marriott Reforma for their breakfast in the Condimento restaurant. They had so many fresh selections with fresh fruits and pastries along with different regional Mexican dishes.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 12:08 am

The club lounge reopened on October 11.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Had a very nice stay last week at this property, recap and photos below.

We arrived late in the evening on Christmas Eve, still the staff at the front door and check-in were friendly and helpful even at the at the late hour. Check-in was very friendly and thorough explaining all benefits and hotel offerings. Also confirmed our Titanium upgrade to a Corner Suite using Suite Night Upgrades.

We knew this hotel was a bit older and maybe not as modern as other offerings in the area but we were actually pleasantly surprised with the Corner Suite. It has a nice little view of the Angel Monument and it was in very good condition and not particularly dated in our opinion. The corner suite has two full bath's which worked out pretty well, the wife did not have to share bathroom space with me!

The lounge was open and and the staff at the lounge was hard working and friendly. The first couple of days it was not very busy but it definitely got busier the last few days of our trip. The staff kept up and stayed very helpful and friendly at all times. We only went to the evening service one time but it had some decent food offerings, if you arent terribly hungry it might be enough to replace dinner. We really enjoyed breakfast as the offerings changed up just enough to keep from getting boring and of course the service was always good. The only thing I didnt like was the coffee, found it to be weak.

They have coordinated on site covid testing with a medical group. It is done onsite for about 2 hours each morning and was about 200MXN each, found that very reasonably. The group that did the testing made sure to verify all info so that you got your email etc and that the info was correct. I think it took less than 2 hours from the time we took the test to get results.

We dined at the restaurant for dinner and lunch. We found it to be ok I guess. We liked the outdoor dining area but there was little atmosphere and would say that was the least inspiring part of of our stay. Nothing bad but the staff did not seem as enthusiastic here as the rest of the property.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend the property.

1999driver and LSEGallipot like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Had a very nice stay last week at this property, recap and photos below.
Very nice stay report and thanks for the completeness of the photos posted. Definitely looks like a much better stay than the CY MEX Airport.

David
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:22 am

As a Platinum does it matter which tower you book your room into for upgrade? I know Reforma tower is newer than Danubio Tower. Both previous stays were booked into King Room, not mention of which tower in the reservations. Both times were checked into Reforma tower and got upgraded. Looking at another stay with choice of classic guest room in Daubio tower slightly lower than business deluxe guest room (no specific tower mentioned).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.