Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Another fantastic upgrade!

When I checked in this week, was told I was being upgraded to their Penthouse Suite on the 18th floor. These suites have a separate locked entrance and don't have room numbers. Instead, they are called by names... Mine was the Aztlan Suite.

Fantastic views of Plaza Dela Reforma!

Breakfast is served in the lounge from 630 - 11AM, and was adequate. You're still being served for breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvre. Lounge on 18th floor as well. I used to stay at the W whenever in Mexico City as they are quite good with the Duplex Suite upgrades. But am more than pleasantly surprised being upgraded to their Penthouse Suite.

Last edited by supatight80; Nov 18, 2022 at 7:28 pm
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Wow, thats an amazing upgrade
Old Dec 14, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Maria Isabel, and I can see how this could be the best mix of value and quality for this Reforma location. At 117 USD, I felt that the Sheraton was a great value, but it isn't perfect. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Ended up in a Junior Suite on the 12th floor of the Reforma Tower, which was quite nice with lots of space and furniture
  • Couch was very comfortable
  • Bed was very comfortable with plush mattress, covers of a great thickness for Mexico, and plush pillows
  • Internet TV OS
  • Most of the service was quite friendly
  • Shower pressure was decent
  • Asked proactively about late checkout, but I didn't need it
  • Delivered a nice welcome bowl of fruits - I enjoyed the bananas
  • 18th floor lounge was quite nice with friendly service
    • Evening service had some good options, including pasta and Mexican options and free beer and wine
    • Breakfast service was pretty tasty with made-to-order eggs and yummy chilaquiles
  • The USD-MXN exchange rate used was very valid and fair
Cons:
  • I arrived around 12:30 and had seen I had been upgraded to a Larger Corner Suite in app - I was asked to wait and come back at 3 PM - I came back at 3:20 and was moved to a Junior Suite - perhaps something was wrong with the other suite? I wish they would have just texted me when the original suite was ready
  • The agent I spoke with at 3:20 wasn't the friendliest and seemed to think I was asking to make a reservation when I was just asking if my room was ready
  • The Wi-Fi in my room did not work on my iOS device - it worked on other devices, and my iOS device worked in other parts of the hotel, including the lounge
Regardless, I would recommend the Sheraton for the current prices and would return.

Photos:

DELee likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I stayed here after spending a week with friends at an airbnb including sharing a room, so I was hoping for some luxury. It was a mixed bag:

Fortunately, I was upgraded to an Alcove suite in the Reforma tower after booking a base room with the $160 (incl tax) AAA rate (incidentally, this was the first time I've been asked for the card). I'd asked for a room with a view, however, and this room had a view of a nearby building - I was ok with this considering I had checked in early, and I didn't plan to spend much time in the room. Unfortunately, the heating was broken, and so the room temperature was stuck at 13°C, as I discovered at 9PM, when I was trying to sleep before my 4AM wake-up. I called down, maintenance took a look, tinkered around, and said it would be ok. The temperature had gone up from 13 to 14° while he'd turned it off, and I watched it go back down from 14->13° after he left. The hotel sent up a heater, and I consequently overheated at night. There was also an issue with the shower: the little tab you pull so that water goes out of the showerhead instead of the faucet wasn't sticking up, but I managed to get it to stay in place by rotating it. Unfortunately, when I turned the tap to warm water, the water pressure was so low it only dribbled out of the showerhead, and there wasn't enough space for me to actually get underneath the water. When I turned it to cold, the water pressure was great. So I enjoyed a nice cold shower in my cold room.

The good: the hotel was in a great location. The lounge had fresh fruit juice and good desserts (I had tacos for dinner elsewhere), and the staff were all friendly. The bed was comfortable, and the bath towel was so fluffy.

All in all, I'd probably stay again, but I'd check the heating and water pressure earlier in the day to ensure there's no issue with them
Old Apr 22, 2023, 6:15 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Had two separate stays in the same week here and left the property both times saying it's just "fine". Both times I was upgraded to a Deluxe Room on the Club Floor. The room that faced Reforma Ave was much larger than the interior room, so something to note. On my second stay, I did see availability for a suite (Jr Suites and the Alcove Suites), but it wasn't offered. Since it was a one-night stay, I didn't care too much about the suite upgrade but figured it's worth noting, especially after the previous posts to the premium suites.. Staff at the lounge are extremely nice and welcoming, even when they're busy.

One thing to note: They are doing renovation work on the 15th floor, so do not get a room on the 14th floor. They don't mention this on the site nor did they mention it at the time of check-in, which was disappointing.
Old May 11, 2023, 9:07 am

I've just booked a 10 night award stay in December in a Deluxe Room in the Reforma Tower. I just wanted to get advice/feedback on the room selection to make sure it's the most up-to-date and spacious room type available for award bookings. Also, I noticed a few people mention they've been upgraded in the app... is that done using the mobile check-in feature? Would checking in this way vs standard front desk afford Platinum/Titanium members any advantage in terms of getting upgraded to the best available rooms/suites? Last time we were in CDMX (June/July) we stayed at Las Alcobas for 3 weeks on points. This time, I'd just like to try and hopefully get upgraded to a decent suite (looks like there's large inventory) with a modern, larger sized bathroom. Don't care about lounge access since we'll never eat on property. I just want a larger newly renovated room. Hopefully it won't be an issue around the holidays.

EDIT: Can anyone comment on Reforma Tower vs Danubio Tower?

Last edited by OliverB; May 11, 2023 at 10:04 am
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by OliverB
I've just booked a 10 night award stay in December in a Deluxe Room in the Reforma Tower. I just wanted to get advice/feedback on the room selection to make sure it's the most up-to-date and spacious room type available for award bookings. Also, I noticed a few people mention they've been upgraded in the app... is that done using the mobile check-in feature? Would checking in this way vs standard front desk afford Platinum/Titanium members any advantage in terms of getting upgraded to the best available rooms/suites? Last time we were in CDMX (June/July) we stayed at Las Alcobas for 3 weeks on points. This time, I'd just like to try and hopefully get upgraded to a decent suite (looks like there's large inventory) with a modern, larger sized bathroom. Don't care about lounge access since we'll never eat on property. I just want a larger newly renovated room. Hopefully it won't be an issue around the holidays.

EDIT: Can anyone comment on Reforma Tower vs Danubio Tower?
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light regarding the best way to receive check in to receive upgrades as a Plat/Titanium member?Thank you.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by trueblue101357
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light regarding the best way to receive check in to receive upgrades as a Plat/Titanium member?Thank you.
Use SNA's
Old Jul 5, 2023, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by trueblue101357
Hello,
I stayed here 2 weeks ago. Booked with points on the morning of my stay and chose this hotel in part because I could see they had loads of suites and junior suites for sale and reports here was that the hotel was historically decent with upgrades.

Was disappointed at checkin when they flat out refused to upgrade me to more than a higher floor king room. They said all suites and junior suites were "sold out". I had to push really hard - politely - and point out to a manager that at least 3 junior suites were available for sale for my stay dates. They eventually relented and gave me a junior suite(which in this hotel is a 2 room/2 bathroom suite). I guess they are not super generous about upgrades anymore. Or maybe I just got them on a bad day.

Hotel is fine otherwise. Average lounge. No option for breakfast in restaurant, even as welcome amenity. Suite furniture a little dated but perfectly comfortable. No problem with the 4pm checkout.

EDIT: Forgot to add but giving people a check for $0 to sign in the lounge at breakfast and during Happy Hour is tacky imo. It is so nakedly done to solicit tips.
TXJeepGuy likes this.

Last edited by Enigma368; Jul 13, 2023 at 7:03 pm
Old Nov 11, 2023, 10:39 pm

What is the story with the, "Member 2023 Weekend Game Plan" rates? They are a few bucks cheaper but it really doesn't explain what they are. It's just a discount? Is it worth paying a few bucks more for the standard rate to increase the odds of an upgrade?
Old Nov 11, 2023, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by wankel7
What is the story with the, "Member 2023 Weekend Game Plan" rates? They are a few bucks cheaper but it really doesn't explain what they are. It's just a discount? Is it worth paying a few bucks more for the standard rate to increase the odds of an upgrade?
Go with the cheapest. Doubt it makes a difference for the upgrade. I went on Mexican Independence Day weekend in September and I believe had booked that rate. They upgraded me to a Reforma facing two room corner suite with a great view of the Angel and the parade route. No suite night used and didn't have to ask for an upgrade at check in. Overall great stay.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Has anyone played tennis here? We are thinking about trying to purchase day passes to the gym to play. My husband is Bonvoy Platinum and this location used to offer day passes for the gym / pool / tennis courts, but this year we have been getting the run around and my last phone call to the gym said that they dont have tennis courts anymore!?!? but still shows them on the website...
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:48 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by tinkerbell78
Has anyone played tennis here? We are thinking about trying to purchase day passes to the gym to play. My husband is Bonvoy Platinum and this location used to offer day passes for the gym / pool / tennis courts, but this year we have been getting the run around and my last phone call to the gym said that they dont have tennis courts anymore!?!? but still shows them on the website...

Hello tinkerbell78,

I called this property who stated they do have tennis courts which are lighted and outdoors. Here is an email if you would like to reach out directly, with any more questions at: [email protected]
Please ask for "Sheraton fitness" regarding tennis court information.
lamphs and tinkerbell78 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hello tinkerbell78,

I called this property who stated they do have tennis courts which are lighted and outdoors. Here is an email if you would like to reach out directly, with any more questions at: [email protected]
Please ask for "Sheraton fitness" regarding tennis court information.
Thanks Lurker for the quick reply!! Im emailing them now - will post my results for any other tennis fans in cdmx!
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by tinkerbell78
Thanks Lurker for the quick reply!! Im emailing them now - will post my results for any other tennis fans in cdmx!
Yes, please keep us updated. I remember the nice fitness center that was included for platinum elites and above. It would be a shame if they no longer allow gym access. Are they no longer including it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.