Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Now I'm wondering whether I'm confusing the wines with another place. You're causing me to doubt what I remember. They were the same label and both red and white had screw tops.
If a white label with red screwtop, I suspect I am right.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Dear loudmouth d0uchebags in the Sheraton Skyline Club Lounge - can you STFU? You are so loud and pompous annoying. Just STFU or lower your d@mn voices.

S
T
F
U
You must be referring to the "federal" employees that stay there. So loud.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:52 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You want to get off at the big Marriott and the walk to the next building in the direction the bus is moving.
The bus stop is just short of the Marriott, so if you're not familiar with the area the chances are that by the time you see the Marriott, you've missed your stop.

It's better just to keep an eye/ear on the "next stop will be" indicators and alight at "New Road".
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The bus stop is just short of the Marriott, so if you're not familiar with the area the chances are that by the time you see the Marriott, you've missed your stop.

It's better just to keep an eye/ear on the "next stop will be" indicators and alight at "New Road".
+1
I do this stop all the time. In fact, did it again this morning.

Another visual cue is the McDonald's on the left hand side - once you see the McDonald's you can hit the stop button. The McDonald's is before the Marriott.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
No more Platinum upcharge for the Breakfast Buffet in the restaurant

Confirmed that as of a few weeks ago, Platinum members are no longer to be charged the quasi-lame 2 quid upcharge to have buffet breakfast in the restaurant. Apparently many Platinum members complained so they removed the charge.

I find the breakfast buffet in the restaurant better since there is a bigger spread and a made to order chef. I like the Club Lounge for its quasi exclusivity during the mornings... not as loud and busy as the restaurant full of plebs
Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Confirmed that as of a few weeks ago, Platinum members are no longer to be charged the quasi-lame 2 quid upcharge to have buffet breakfast in the restaurant. Apparently many Platinum members complained so they removed the charge.

I find the breakfast buffet in the restaurant better since there is a bigger spread and a made to order chef. I like the Club Lounge for its quasi exclusivity during the mornings... not as loud and busy as the restaurant full of plebs
They haven't charged me this for years and I almost always have breakfast in the restaurant. The restaurant tends to be less full of loud and shouty types.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

I prefer the restaurant because the lounge only serves sausage, the english bacon is yummy. I wonder if they've changed the policy to catch up with their Sheraton neighbor down the road.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
They haven't charged me this for years and I almost always have breakfast in the restaurant. The restaurant tends to be less full of loud and shouty types.
Same here. On our more recent visits with the baby they usually give us a private area when the restaurant is quieter to keep Madame from disrupting the breakfast of others with her random shrieks.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I was just stating the official policy.

Having stayed at this property about 40 times now (not much, but more than others), I used to get charged about 50% of the time - it seemed hit and miss and on the whim of the restaurant.

Now it's officially official!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldtrav
You must be referring to the "federal" employees that stay there. So loud.
Yep!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
During my stay, it was the families with kids who were loud and inconsiderate, in the hallways and elevators as well as in the lounge.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:35 am

Evening club lounge selection, 18:00 to 20:00.

2 hot items, served in silver domed warmers : potato and leek tartlets, chicken skewers, plus

Crisps (potato chips), nachos, with (home made) tomato salsa, mustard and sour cream dips :

Peanuts and dried fruits :

Canapé selection, todays was prawn, trout pate and hummus :

Dessert selection : individual (yummy) cheesecakes, cake slices and fruit salads :

Beverages - red & white wines, 4 different beers, sodas & waters (plus a selection of mixers in a separate fridge) :

Teas, coffee and biscuits.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Mar 24, 2017 at 7:41 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the photos, Oxon Flyer. The evening food seems to be same as always! I'll be there twice over the next 2 weeks and will try to remember to post the hot food rotation.

I must say though that in the dozens of stays I've had there, I'd never seen ice buckets of beer (or soda or water). Must be new? Certainly a welcome change for my (admittedly American) tastes for colder brews.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by SAN-man

I must say though that in the dozens of stays I've had there, I'd never seen ice buckets of beer (or soda or water). Must be new? Certainly a welcome change for my (admittedly American) tastes for colder brews.
I've seen them pretty regularly the past few years on my previous stays as they usually put a few soft drinks in with the beers and I started getting the Cokes from the bucket. They do disappear for a while though when they need replenishing.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by SAN-man
Sorry to burst the bubble, but on this particular occasion, the beer fridge was faulty, and empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.