Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Does anyone know who the resident (old) lady is? Does she live at the property (and why?!)? Everytime I am here, she is in the club lounge. It has been this way the last 25 or so times I have been in the club lounge... the way the staff treats her is with familiarity... difficult to explain. Who is this lady?!
I'm glad you couldn't resist asking... so that I didn't have to ask...

No, honestly, answering this would probably mean intruding on their privacy - so maybe it's better if nobody here knows the answers. But actually it's a couple. And yes, I also have the feeling that they live there.

But the sight of her entering the lounge in bathrobe during breakfast makes the place a bit more "homely" than I'd wish for...
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
The identity of the "elderly lady with the white slip-on shoes who we always see in the club lounge every time we stay at the Skyline" has been a bit of a mystery here too. I've heard the staff refer to her by name, but I guess it's rather ungallant to discuss that here.

I rather fancy living in a Starwood when the time comes. Work that Lifetime Plat status.
stc likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Koby

No, honestly, answering this would probably mean intruding on their privacy - so maybe it's better if nobody here knows the answers. But actually it's a couple. And yes, I also have the feeling that they live there.

But the sight of her entering the lounge in bathrobe during breakfast makes the place a bit more "homely" than I'd wish for...
Yeah I know. I couldn't resist asking. Seems like a pleasant lady anyway. Staff treat her like she owns the place... but hey, maybe she does!
stc likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The identity of the "elderly lady with the white slip-on shoes who we always see in the club lounge every time we stay at the Skyline" has been a bit of a mystery here too. I've heard the staff refer to her by name, but I guess it's rather ungallant to discuss that here.

I rather fancy living in a Starwood when the time comes. Work that Lifetime Plat status.
Right. I'm not looking for names... moreso that she intrigues me. I wouldn't mind living in a Starwood either... but it depends on what type of room and which property
Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:14 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Koby

I've seen her door open and a rug outside the door with a cat on the rug several years ago. I thought of trying to strike up a conversation at the time, but chickened out. I don't know if she still has the cat and haven't seen the door open recently.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by YMCMB
For first time visitors, the National Express Hotel Hoppa bus is easy and fast.
I do not have any pounds when I will have my overnigher in 2 weeks. Can I pay this Hoppa bus by Credit Card?
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Andie007
I do not have any pounds when I will have my overnigher in 2 weeks. Can I pay this Hoppa bus by Credit Card?

Yes you can buy ticket by card at the ticket counter near the terminal bus stop.

However, especially if your terminal is T1 or 3, I would still recommend free bus considering interval and cost. The stop is "Harlington Corner", you may request stop button once you see Mariott, which is next to Skyline, on left.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by cozysuite
However, especially if your terminal is T1 or 3, I would still recommend free bus considering interval and cost. The stop is "Harlington Corner", you may request stop button once you see Mariott, which is next to Skyline, on left.
It's even more convenient to get off at the previous stop, announced as "New Road", which is in front of the Marriott.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
It's T5 as I'm flying in with BA late night from DUS and continue to SEA next day.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Andie007
It's T5 as I'm flying in with BA late night from DUS and continue to SEA next day.
Check route 423, depending how late you are.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by cozysuite
Check route 423, depending how late you are.
Took the 423 between the Skyline and T5 earlier today : took about 10-15 minutes. And free.

Departs T5 from Stop 6, which is right outside arrivals on the ground floor. Alight at New Road or Harlington Corner for the Skyline.

On the way back to T5, the 423 leaves from the bus stop opposite the Skyline. Look for the departure time from Harlington Corner on the timetable.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:44 am

When I was at the Skyline a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the restaurant at the beck left corner of the atrium (where breakfast used to be served) was closed and behind construction hoardings, and tomorrow sees the space reopen as another branch of Madhu's : 'authentic Punjabi cuisine with a Kenyan twist'.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
When I was at the Skyline a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the restaurant at the beck left corner of the atrium (where breakfast used to be served) was closed and behind construction hoardings, and tomorrow sees the space reopen as another branch of Madhu's : 'authentic Punjabi cuisine with a Kenyan twist'.
This sounds like an interesting development. Where was breakfast being served whilst this work happened? I last stayed here a couple of months ago but left early for breakfast in T3.

I would also be interested in reports from those who have tried the new restaurant, it sounds interesting being a grill twist on Indian food (so potentially healthier than dishes swimming in butter).

In another way it is quite sad though. I always really liked the Italian place the Skyline used to have and it seems almost every LHR property is opening an Indian Restaurant, it is a bit like living in the North West of the UK
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Re: transportation to/from, I'm all for free options if you have the time/inclination, but by all means don't bother with the hoppa if you're arriving/departing from T1 or T3. Uber X is only £6 each way. So actually cheaper than the hoppa if you're at least 2 people.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
it is a bit like living in the North West of the UK
It's not UK if you can't find Indian food within walking distance
There is a Chinese & an Indian round the corner from the Sheraton Heathrow but not the Skyline.

Honestly I prefer chicken tikka masala over fish & chips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.