Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien The Joseph - Columbus, OH [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat

New property in Short North in Columbus - opened in January. Really stands out in Columbus especially compared to the Sheraton and Westin.

Pros:
-Location, Location, location - within a stone's throw of some of Columbus's best restaurants. Easy access to OSU and Columbus Business District
-Speaking of, the Guild House, the in-house restaurant, is fantastic. Great menu, great service. Although I wish they would serve their menu in the Hotel's bar, which is just on the other side of the wall. It can be quite hard to score a table or spot at the bar.
-well thought out rooms, light over each side of the bed, outlets on both sides of the bed, decent size rooms, bathrooms, floor to ceiling windows
-Staff is generally very friendly

Cons:
-Still working through some opening kinks - FD staff still learning the ropes, doormen still feel awkward
-unclear to me whether the restaurant menu can be used for room service. Would be a huge plus if they can make that work, even if it is a slightly longer wait - it's the same kitchen
-the gym for being new is rather lackluster. They could have really spruced it up and put some spin bikes, ergs, and some more machines in there

Overall though, fantastic property - well worth staying at if you are in Columbus.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this new construction?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this new construction?
Yes - first Le Meridien in the US to be built from ground up I am told.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
I watched this building rise while working in Columbus last year and can vouch for its excellent location. I'm quite fond of the Westin there, but will definitely give this one a try next time I'm in town.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:56 am

Planning to stay at this property shortly. Can anybody comment on parking situation? I do not like to use valet plus it is $30 per night.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Bump. Also platinum breakfast?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Parking meters all around. Enforced 8AM-10AM with 3 hours max. Credit cards accepted. Can't pre-feed the meter the night before. There is also a garage on Russell between Park and High as well as another one on Goodale between High and 3rd.

WiFi

Not sure if this is my room only or hotel wide but my in-room safe was not bolted down. There are around 5 holes on the back of the safe to be used to secure it. They were not used.

Last edited by seawolf; Jan 25, 2017 at 10:00 pm
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:01 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I had a one night stay at this property the day before Thanksgiving and was not overly impressed.

No luggage assistance upon arrival. The "suite" was just an oversized L-shaped corner room with a small sitting area (no second television though there was a spot for one). Additionally for a new build property, sound proofing (from both the outside and the interior corridors) was really poor. Housekeeping was also subpar.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ceamus1
Yes - first Le Meridien in the US to be built from ground up I am told.
Wasn't the LM in New Orleans on Canal Street a new build? The building looked new to me, but it might have been reflagged from a hotel that didn't last long.

I'm also thinking that LM in Philadelphia was a new build, but it's in a mixed use skyscraper IIRC. I might be confusing it with the Westin in Philadelphia.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:46 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Wasn't the LM in New Orleans on Canal Street a new build? The building looked new to me, but it might have been reflagged from a hotel that didn't last long.

I'm also thinking that LM in Philadelphia was a new build, but it's in a mixed use skyscraper IIRC. I might be confusing it with the Westin in Philadelphia.
The Le Meridien New Orleans (on Poydras not Canal) was formerly the W New Orleans, which was a W for quite some years.

You are also thinking of the Westin Philadelphia. The Le Meridien Philadelphia is a restored historic building.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
The Le Meridien New Orleans (on Poydras not Canal) was formerly the W New Orleans, which was a W for quite some years.

You are also thinking of the Westin Philadelphia. The Le Meridien Philadelphia is a restored historic building.
Could there have been a different LM in New Orleans earlier? I'm thinking of long before Katrina, perhaps before there was a W brand. If you walk up from the river and the big Hilton, the hotel I'm thinking of would have been on the left side of Canal, maybe about six blocks from the river. (There's a Marriott on the right side of Canal, not as far from the river and of course the French Quarter is on the right hand side of Canal.)
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:34 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Could there have been a different LM in New Orleans earlier? I'm thinking of long before Katrina, perhaps before there was a W brand. If you walk up from the river and the big Hilton, the hotel I'm thinking of would have been on the left side of Canal, maybe about six blocks from the river. (There's a Marriott on the right side of Canal, not as far from the river and of course the French Quarter is on the right hand side of Canal.)
There was - the JW Marriott at 614 Canal Street originally opened in 1984 as a Le Méridien before very briefly converting to a Westin in the early 2000s [2002, if memory serves] and then to a JW Marriott in April 2003. LM was then absent from the market until Starwood turned the frayed W on Poydras into the current LMNO.

khabah
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:03 am

Thank you. I remember its LM days, which seems to have been its first incarnation as a hotel.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:28 am

Unable to book a one night stay midweek at this property. Looks like their keeping 2 nights minimum to book any rate for most of the time midweek.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Unable to book a one night stay midweek at this property. Looks like their keeping 2 nights minimum to book any rate for most of the time midweek.
IMO the price is out of whack w/the Columbus market...I gave it a shot, now I do the Sheraton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.