Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KENNECTED
Resort Charge Policy

A Resort Fee of 30 USD USD $33.00, plus at 4.62 resort fee tax [as of May 22] per night is applied to each room which provides the following benefits:
  • Complimentary bottle of water in your guest room
  • Beach Welcome basket to include bottled water and fresh fruit
  • Access to two beach chairs and towel service on the beach
  • Access to the 24-hour Fitness Center
  • Complimentary local and domestic long distance telephone calls
  • Spa discount of 15% (not valid with other offers)
  • Complimentary morning newspapers Monday - Friday
Print Wikipost

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SHLTP
It is that bad
What makes it that bad?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I wrote above at length. Briefly...

FD keep telling us room would be ready right away in 15-20 minutes so we waited almost 6 hours past check in in lobby... As they literally said just a few mins. Every 30 mins.

This was after me saying, look if it will be 4 hour wait no problem but let me know so that we can go out and see sites. This happened with duty mgr too for several hours who was upset at housekeeping at the delay and kept promising right away.

A known noise problem that kept us awake all night (after 20+ hour flight) so we ended up getting terribly sick. They knew the noise issue but still put guests into the room. When we complained they said yes we know and will move you. Didn't even try to fix issue or check as it was clearly known.

While waiting, I saw no fewer than 5 plats freaking out in lobby. Like freaking out and frankly the plats seemed reasonable in their requests. One guy from Europe had booked and confirmed a cot for kid but there was no cot and no room to put cot in because they gave him a different (and smaller room than booked)

The longest/ slowest check in and check out lines I have ever seen.

duty mgr gave us points for free night for issues and free lunch. After checking out hotel refused to give points as they said we ate lunch. I then argued with their revenue manager. It took quite a few calls and time before they agreed they had indeed promised both (wasting a significant amount of my tine on vacation).

If they fixed service issues, it would be a decent property. But it is that bad
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by SHLTP; Mar 19, 2019 at 7:10 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
they would also need to upgrade the hard product. I'm pretty confident the 19.5 year old soon to be deflated Fairfield Inn in Iowa has better hard product. Certainly better service.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wrote above at length. Briefly...

FD keep telling us room would be ready right away in 15-20 minutes so we waited almost 6 hours past check in in lobby... As they literally said just a few mins. Every 30 mins.

This was after me saying, look if it will be 4 hour wait no problem but let me know so that we can go out and see sites. This happened with duty mgr too for several hours who was upset at housekeeping at the delay and kept promising right away.

A known noise problem that kept us awake all night (after 20+ hour flight) so we ended up getting terribly sick. They knew the noise issue but still put guests into the room. When we complained they said yes we know and will move you. Didn't even try to fix issue or check as it was clearly known.

While waiting, I saw no fewer than 5 plats freaking out in lobby. Like freaking out and frankly the plats seemed reasonable in their requests. One guy from Europe had booked and confirmed a cot for kid but there was no cot and no room to put cot in because they gave him a different (and smaller room than booked)

The longest/ slowest check in and check out lines I have ever seen.

duty mgr gave us points for free night for issues and free lunch. After checking out hotel refused to give points as they said we ate lunch. I then argued with their revenue manager. It took quite a few calls and time before they agreed they had indeed promised both (wasting a significant amount of my tine on vacation).

This is similar to my experience. Their check in process is a zoo, and they don't even have enough holding space in the lobby for the long lines of unhappy people, including elites.

I also had the lovely experience of a housekeeping supervisor entering my room without even knocking despite not only a do not disturb sign but also having the door deadbolted. (My small suite didn't have any supplementary chain device, just the lock and deadbolt.) Apparently she routinely had the kind of key card that should only be made available to the manager on duty (or head of security) for emergencies. She also left without apologizing when I screamed--I was just getting out of the shower when this happened.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I also had the lovely experience of a housekeeping supervisor entering my room without even knocking despite not only a do not disturb sign but also having the door deadbolted. (My small suite didn't have any supplementary chain device, just the lock and deadbolt.) Apparently she routinely had the kind of key card that should only be made available to the manager on duty (or head of security) for emergencies. She also left without apologizing when I screamed--I was just getting out of the shower when this happened.
This is still going on? W T F

Happened to me too, same with do not disturb, and door dead bolted. Woke us up after we were trying to recover on sleep from traveling. I think it happened a second time too, dont remember if same stay or different stay but IIRC I ended up getting several nights for free after complaining.

Its unacceptable.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Can someone report on the breakfast situation for P/T/A so I can update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:39 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm just wondering if this property has improved. Biggest complaints on Trip Advisor seem to be about service. We're looking at staying here for a night pre-cruise, we typically stay at the JW Marriott Marquis but since our flight arrives early we thought a beach day would be nicer.

This property had the best pricing and we got an LNF price reduction but it is still pricier than the JW so I want to make sure there's value.
Old May 11, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by RG306
Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm just wondering if this property has improved. Biggest complaints on Trip Advisor seem to be about service. We're looking at staying here for a night pre-cruise, we typically stay at the JW Marriott Marquis but since our flight arrives early we thought a beach day would be nicer.

This property had the best pricing and we got an LNF price reduction but it is still pricier than the JW so I want to make sure there's value.
Scroll up and read posts from Feb/March?
Old May 28, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Can someone report on the breakfast situation for P/T/A so I can update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
I would love to know the latest here if anyone has visited recently! As an aside, the tripadvisor reviews for this property are ...interesting. The last ~10 or so only comment on the employees ("Joseph was very respectful I would love more Employees like this. Excellent service !"). Guessing the hotel has implemented some sort of reward for good employee reviews!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by djdw905
I would love to know the latest here if anyone has visited recently! As an aside, the tripadvisor reviews for this property are ...interesting. The last ~10 or so only comment on the employees ("Joseph was very respectful I would love more Employees like this. Excellent service !"). Guessing the hotel has implemented some sort of reward for good employee reviews!
I’m at the property right now—just checked in—happy to answer any questions.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Been a few days. Can you give us an update?

Originally Posted by donotblink
I’m at the property right now—just checked in—happy to answer any questions.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by chanp
Been a few days. Can you give us an update?
I got upgraded with an SNA to a junior suite. When I checked in around 4PM on Saturday they told me the room wasn't ready, but about 5 minutes late they confirmed that it was. They offered me a welcome drink at the bar. They send a large glass bottle of water to my room as a welcome amenity, which I thought was a bit off as there is already bottled water in the room, but not complaining. I opted for points instead of breakfast this time. I asked for 3PM late checkout but was told 1PM was the latest that they could do. The didn't get the rate correctly on my Look No Further Best Rate Guarantee claim, instead charging me 3x what my confirmed rate was. I set an e-mail to the BRG team to fix that. I've stayed here about a dozen times since they joined Starwood a few years ago. It's in a good location and the rates are generally not too high, but I would gladly pay an extra $300 to stay at the W a few blocks away. In this case, the difference was about $800 and that was a little rich for me.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
I got upgraded with an SNA to a junior suite. When I checked in around 4PM on Saturday they told me the room wasn't ready, but about 5 minutes late they confirmed that it was. They offered me a welcome drink at the bar. They send a large glass bottle of water to my room as a welcome amenity, which I thought was a bit off as there is already bottled water in the room, but not complaining. I opted for points instead of breakfast this time. I asked for 3PM late checkout but was told 1PM was the latest that they could do. The didn't get the rate correctly on my Look No Further Best Rate Guarantee claim, instead charging me 3x what my confirmed rate was. I set an e-mail to the BRG team to fix that. I've stayed here about a dozen times since they joined Starwood a few years ago. It's in a good location and the rates are generally not too high, but I would gladly pay an extra $300 to stay at the W a few blocks away. In this case, the difference was about $800 and that was a little rich for me.
Thanks for the update.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:31 am

Stayed here for one night, tried to check in at around 130 and we were given a room. Slightly upgraded, partial ocean view room. They did offer a Jr suite but not avail until later in the day. Also received 2 drink coupons. I thought the property was ok for the price, not sure I'd stay again but def worth the price. Staff was nice and didnt have any real issues. The walls are quite thin, so you will hear noise.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Any thoughts on how COVID impacted the staying experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.