Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]

Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KENNECTED
Resort Charge Policy

A Resort Fee of 30 USD USD $33.00, plus at 4.62 resort fee tax [as of May 22] per night is applied to each room which provides the following benefits:
  • Complimentary bottle of water in your guest room
  • Beach Welcome basket to include bottled water and fresh fruit
  • Access to two beach chairs and towel service on the beach
  • Access to the 24-hour Fitness Center
  • Complimentary local and domestic long distance telephone calls
  • Spa discount of 15% (not valid with other offers)
  • Complimentary morning newspapers Monday - Friday
Print Wikipost

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]

Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Star_Guy

thank you cus the OP is clogging up FT.. smh
While I realize you only have a few posts, the OP makes great contributions to FT. You'll notice many useful threads providing great information that we rely upon.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I believe there was a thread on this property but was called LC or autograph or something else unless I am mixing up props.

I remember writing that this property should be deflagged and was worst experience I ever had at a Starwood.
Wow - that's interesting. Perhaps the reason it didn't come up on search is that it was a LC in its previous life? This thread is dedicated to its current life, which is a Tribute Portfolio property.

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
There is a thread of this hotel already. no need to start a new one.

dear mods,

could you please correct this?

It was previously a Luxury Collection according to the LC thread & is now an Tribute Portfolio. And looking at the LC thread, the last post was a few years ago.

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
It was a Tribute and has been for a while. In terms of quality, its akin to a soon to be deflagged Fairfield Inn in rural Iowa. Seriously, if this was a Fairfield Inn in middle America, it would have been deflagged. This property is really at the level of an older Days Inn/Comfort Inn.
I truly find it interesting that the property was a Luxury Collection, now a Tribute Portfolio, & it's being compared to a Fairfield Inn in middle America. That's a huge difference! What exactly about a former LC/now TP, makes it like a DI/CI? That is such a huge leap in standards it literally boggles my mind.

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
While I realize you only have a few posts, the OP makes great contributions to FT. You'll notice many useful threads providing great information that we rely upon.
Thank you.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 15, 2019 at 11:51 am Reason: edited to shorten/take extra info out
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt / SPG
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Wow - that's interesting. Perhaps the reason it didn't come up on search is that it was a LC in its previous life? This thread is dedicated to its current life, which is an Autograph Collection property.

I look forward to trip reports as an Autograph Collection.

It was previously a Luxury Collection & is now an Autograph Collection, so no need to correct. And looking at the Luxury Collection thread, the last post was 4 years ago so obviously the info is outdated

When was your stay there? Could you do a trip report? I find it interesting that the property was a Luxury Collection, now an Autograph Collection, & now you're comparing it to a Fairfield Inn in middle America. That's a huge difference! What exactly about a former LC/now AC, makes it like a DI/CI? That is such a huge leap in standards it literally boggles my mind. But two of you have said it now.

I really would be interested to see iif the experience is still the same.

Thank you.

Cheers.
#FAKENEWS !!!

it was never a Luxury Collection, it was always a tribute brand and Starwood’s first Tribute Portfolio property. Please get the facts together.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:14 pm

#FAKENEWS !!!

it was never a Luxury Collection, it was always a tribute brand and Starwood’s first Tribute Portfolio property. Please get the facts together.

From the thread started in 2015 when it was Luxury Collection.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html

I will correct my one post that said Autograph vs. Tribute to make it Tribute.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 15, 2019 at 11:53 am Reason: edited to shorten/take extra info out
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:27 pm

Sigh... not fake news (btw there's a forum called OmniPR if you want to go that route, but you don't qualify for entry yet). From the thread started in 2015 when it was Luxury Collection.

Again. we look forward to your trip report after you've stayed there.

But I will correct my one post that said Autograph vs. Tribute.

Cheers.
Like I said, it started as Starwood’ Tribute and still is a Tribute property! Your info is incorrect. In April 2015 SPG debut its 10th brand and this hotel was first to join.

“Starwood Hotels Introduces Tribute Portfolio™
Starwood’s 10th Brand Sets Sights on World’s Most Distinct Independent Hotels. "The brand will make its debut today with its first featured hotel, the iconic Royal Palm South Beach Miami"

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...folio%E2%84%A2
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:33 pm

Sigh... not fake news (btw there's a forum called OmniPR if you want to go that route, but you don't qualify for entry yet). From the thread started in 2015 when it was Luxury Collection.

Again. we look forward to your trip report after you've stayed there as a Tribute Portfolio.

I will correct my one post that said Autograph vs. Tribute to make it Tribute.

Cheers.
And btw I stayed there plenty of times and have plenty of reviews online about this property before Marriott ruined it and bump it up to 50,000 points 🙄🙄🙄
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I am pretty sure it was always a Tribute property... And was mislabeled in the threads as LC or Autograph. I remember someone posting a call for a correction to moderators but it was never done.

I also remember saying I would never try another Tribute property after staying here as it was so awful.

I had a similar reaction to original STR Shanghai which didn't deserve that or the LC moniker is has now.
​​​​
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:40 pm

I went with what I read on FT:

From the Luxury collection thread:

"According to Spg.com, it's a Luxury collection resort.
And their website, Luxury Collection Miami Beach Hotels: The Royal Palm, Miami-South Beach - Hotel Rooms at luxury
Stayed last night. $30 resort fee for platinum. I asked for alternative amenity. They said no. Nothing offered. I was given choice of breakfast or 500 points. I chose points. Paid resort fee and got nothing else. lurker did I miss my window here? Anything that can be done.

Edited to add: someone just posted it might have been mis-labled re: LC.

Now reading the LC thread this place always had horrible reviews, so confused on how Marriott 'ruined it'?

Having said that, I'm interested in reports post-'17 to see if it's still a piece of crap or if it's gotten better.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 15, 2019 at 11:54 am Reason: edited to shorten/take extra info out
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
While I don't dispute SkiAdcock's invaluable contributions to this forum, there has been a thread on this property since 2015, with 185 posts to date. Not sure why the thread was titled LC (maybe it was slated to open as a LC before Tribute Portfolio was created) but the title should have been corrected long ago... It would be in FT's best interest to delete the current thread/amend the title of the original thread.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:32 pm

Feel better now? (to Star Guy)

I go on what I read on FT & I read the Luxury Collection thread - trust me, if it was originally a Tribute, SPG FTers would have posted as such.

From the Luxury collection thread:

"According to Spg.com, it's a Luxury collection resort.
And their website, Luxury Collection Miami Beach Hotels: The Royal Palm, Miami-South Beach - Hotel Rooms at luxury
Stayed last night. $30 resort fee for platinum. I asked for alternative amenity. They said no. Nothing offered. I was given choice of breakfast or 500 points. I chose points. Paid resort fee and got nothing else. lurker did I miss my window here? Anything that can be done.

Edited to add: someone just posted it might have been mis-labled re: LC (and given the horrible reviews that makes sense).

So Star_Guy, curious minds want to legitimately know - if it was so horrible, why do you even care about the points because presumably you'd never stay there again. Seriously, now reading the LC thread this place always had horrible reviews, so how exactly did Marriott 'ruin it'?

Also, since you've stayed there plenty of times we look forward to your trip reports (and I mean that, but again recent trip reports).

Having said that, I in particular am now interested in reports post-'17 to see if it's still a piece of crap or if it's gotten better.

Cheers.
Piece of Crap?? royal palms has wonderful reviews (4/5 stars) on TripAdvisor. Bye Sharon 😂
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

Piece of Crap?? royal palms has wonderful reviews (4/5 stars) on TripAdvisor. Bye Sharon 😂
Seriously, why are you so nasty to Sharon? I think it is time for us to say bye to you, not her.

Please go.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Seriously, why are you so nasty to Sharon? I think it is time for us to say bye to you, not her.

Please go.
nope. Marriott want SPG/Hotel and their rabid members so bad. So I’m not going anywhere.

#SPGlife4ever > Bonfire
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
When the hotel first joined SPG, Tribute Portfolio had not been named although we knew it was joining a new collection brand. This is how it ended up temporarily as a Luxury Collection property on the SPG systems (although the FT thread continued incorrectly). Thanks to Sharon for creating a thread with the correct name.

Not sure why all the negative feedback on the hotel - I’ve stayed many times and always been treated well and with an excellent room.
Star_Guy likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Stay there few times too. The great location and former point levels on SPG made it attractive. Service was always lame and upgrade kind of truly pale...but for less than 12,000 spg points...nobody was complaining. Not for 50k Marriott points, I'm not so sure!
Star_Guy likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Dreadful

This place - whatever you call it — is dreadful. Terrible service. Terrible Plat treatment.
C17PSGR likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.