Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KENNECTED
Resort Charge Policy

A Resort Fee of 30 USD USD $33.00, plus at 4.62 resort fee tax [as of May 22] per night is applied to each room which provides the following benefits:
  • Complimentary bottle of water in your guest room
  • Beach Welcome basket to include bottled water and fresh fruit
  • Access to two beach chairs and towel service on the beach
  • Access to the 24-hour Fitness Center
  • Complimentary local and domestic long distance telephone calls
  • Spa discount of 15% (not valid with other offers)
  • Complimentary morning newspapers Monday - Friday
Print Wikipost

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Does this place participate in Make a Green Choice?

Got a rock-bottom BRG rate for July ($115++) so I thought I’d risk this place despite the bad (although improving on spg.com?) reviews. At any rate, it was cheaper than the SPG around MIA airport so not much to loose.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
Does this place participate in Make a Green Choice?

Got a rock-bottom BRG rate for July ($115++) so I thought I’d risk this place despite the bad (although improving on spg.com?) reviews. At any rate, it was cheaper than the SPG around MIA airport so not much to loose.
they did when i stayed there some time ago. check with the hotel or contact spg to confirm.
RafKa likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Just completed a 4 night stay here. Had low expectations due to all the negative reviews, but was very pleasantly surprised.

Got an upgrade to a studio suite in the West Tower. It was just an oversized room with a kitchen sink and a sofa-booth + table. I liked the décor: kind of like a W South Beach “lite”. Some noted wear and tear on fixtures and bathroom tiles, which I can confirm, but nothing “vacation ruining”. I probably could have pushed for a better upgrade, but my wife checked us in while I parked the car ($20/day at the parking across the street vs $40/day for valet) and I didn’t feel like changing rooms for the little time we planned on staying in our room. We signed up for MAGC with front desk, but there were no signs anywhere in the room mentioning it. On the first day the cleaner emptied our trash, made the bed and provided fresh towels, but subsequently no one entered our room.

I found the lobby and communal areas to be attractive. The pool area is nice, quite vibrant but not too busy. There was a healthy mix of younger families and a 30s crowd. The upstairs pool area is much quieter, but has maybe 15 sun loungers. Getting a sun lounger was never a struggle, and there’s no attitude from towel guys regarding tips, or being pressured to tip to get the best spots. It’s first come first serve, and they were pretty efficient at clearing out vacant chairs. Beach service was equally good. The resort fee covers beach chairs but not umbrellas, which I found petty. These cost $19 and you definitely need them under the Florida sun.

Service was good at the bar and pool. Again, low pressure… Was VERY impressed at how reasonable the prices for F&B were: $10-15 for snacks and sandwiches/burgers, beers for $6-7, cocktails around $12. Very good happy hour 4-7pm with $5 frozen margaritas and daiquiris!

Plat breakfast was the full buffet at Florida Cookery for BOTH rooms in our reservations. I found the buffet to be concise but good (scrambled and boiled eggs, crispy bacon and potatoes, fruit & yoghurt and nice fresh mini pastries). Tea, coffee and fresh juice included.

Considering I paid $115 on BRG (plus the egregious $33 resort fee), I found this to be very good value for a property which is obviously one or two notches below the W, RC or the Fontainebleau, but on a price point which is closer to the infamous FP up the road.

On the last day I got a call from the Marriott Vacation Club rep offering me a 4-night stay over the next 12 months for $66 per night (incl of resort fee). I had already attended the MVC presentation for 25k MR pts where I was offered another deal ($1500 for 7 nights within 24 months + 50k pts) so just turned down the offer, although I regret not hearing the terms as $66 is phenomenal, if I hear the rate right.

In conclusion, I found the Royal Palm to be a hidden gem, and would easily stay here again. I just hope more people continue finding fault with it, so rates will be low and I will be competing with less Plats.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Until now, the thread title still shown ‘ a Luxury collection resort’.

Dear mod, could you please rectify the thread title please?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I have a yearly business trip that allows me to stay at this spot despite the fact that is a little out of the way, but close to a colleague so we carpool.

My last two visits, I had to "complain" about the room they offered as I usually received the 2 bedroom upgrade rooms. Now, I get a low floor room overlooking AC units.. Not happening!! With that being said, I'm due to return there in September and "fear" that I'm just going to have to fight for not an upgrade, just a better room/view on the higher floors. Nonetheless though, I tend to enjoy my stays there and always look forward to returning.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, Tribute Portfolio Resort - FL [Master Thread]

Cat 6. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...tfolio-resort/

"Stay in the best address in South Beach, where Ocean Drive meets Collins Avenue. Relish in beachfront access, explore the shops and restaurants of nearby Lincoln Road or visit the many attractions in Miami. Royal Palm South Beach Miami pays homage to the original Royal Palm Hotel’s rich history, keeping intact many signature elements of the original architect’s design, while seamlessly integrating all of the contemporary amenities and services today's busy traveler expects. Relax at one of our two outdoor pools, or spend the day at our beach, with direct access right from our resort. Revive your body and soul with a visit to our exquisite spa, stretch your muscles in our 24-hour fitness center, or play a round of golf at a nearby course. "
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:41 pm

Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt / SPG
Why are you clogging up FT with pictures of this hotel from Marriott.com . We all can go to the website and see these photos our self 🙄
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:53 pm

I don't regard it as 'clogging' & certainly don't do it for run of the mill properties. But on some yes I post pics because some FTers like, when they're reading about a property for the first time especially if not run of the mill, to see a 'snapshot' of what the property looks like.

Cheers.
Tanic, C17PSGR and stvr like this.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 15, 2019 at 11:51 am Reason: edited to shorten/take extra info out
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:00 pm

Maybe you should post how this hotel was a Cat5hotel with SPG 12k Starpoints(36,000 MR) and now Marriott raised the cat to 50,000 points and they charge a ridiculous $35 resort fee. I think that’s more important for FT members. -Cheers 🙂
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Star_Guy
Maybe you should post how this hotel was a Cat5hotel with SPG 12k Starpoints(36,000 MR) and now Marriott raised the cat to 50,000 points and they charge a ridiculous $35 resort fee. I think that’s more important for FT members. -Cheers ��
Perhaps if there had been a property thread prior to my starting one it would have been mentioned in that thread. But what was before is well, before. Doesn't matter at this point. It is what it is going forward.

I look forward to trip reports from FTers staying there.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 15, 2019 at 11:51 am Reason: edited to shorten/take extra info out
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I believe there was a thread on this property but was called LC or autograph or something else unless I am mixing up props.

I remember writing that this property should be deflagged and was worst experience I ever had at a Starwood.
C17PSGR and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
There is a thread of this hotel already. no need to start a new one.

dear mods,

could you please correct this?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I believe there was a thread on this property but was called LC or autograph or something else unless I am mixing up props.

I remember writing that this property should be deflagged and was worst experience I ever had at a Starwood.

It was a Tribute and has been for a while. In terms of quality, its akin to a soon to be deflagged Fairfield Inn in rural Iowa. Seriously, if this was a Fairfield Inn in middle America, it would have been deflagged. This property is really at the level of an older Days Inn/Comfort Inn.
JBauer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
There is a thread of this hotel already. no need to start a new one.

dear mods,

could you please correct this?

thank you cus the OP is clogging up FT.. smh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.