Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from May 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...g-service-2621
Print Wikipost

Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bluebubble
currently seeing TSUKINONE available for cash booking. However it’s not available for points booking on Marriott website. if I understand correctly, TSUKINONE is considered to be standard room, and luxury collection does comply to no blackout policy. I called hotel directly tried to ask about this, they said they do not handle points bookings.. anyone have any idea what’s going on
SUIGETSU is the standard room type.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: Marriott PPE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by bluebubble
currently seeing TSUKINONE available for cash booking. However it’s not available for points booking on Marriott website. if I understand correctly, TSUKINONE is considered to be standard room, and luxury collection does comply to no blackout policy. I called hotel directly tried to ask about this, they said they do not handle points bookings.. anyone have any idea what’s going on
Last time I checked, you can use points for SUIGETSU and TSUKINONE with twin beds, but not TSUKINONE with a king bed, so that might be what you are seeing.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AngryOvis
Last time I checked, you can use points for SUIGETSU and TSUKINONE with twin beds, but not TSUKINONE with a king bed, so that might be what you are seeing.
TSUKINONE with twins was a glitch that was an artifact of the transition to the Marriott system. It was never an award bookable room under SPG. My understanding is that it is no longer bookable with points.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:46 am

Unfortunately TSUKINONE is no longer bookable using points
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:58 pm

Just checked and TSUKINONE is bookable with points, so is SUIGETSU. I have an upcoming reservation for TSUKINONE with twin beds and I can edit the room type and switch between TSUKINONE with king or SUIGETSU with either king or twins.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by XFer2
Just checked and TSUKINONE is bookable with points, so is SUIGETSU. I have an upcoming reservation for TSUKINONE with twin beds and I can edit the room type and switch between TSUKINONE with king or SUIGETSU with either king or twins.
They're doing some really weird stuff with their inventory. I just checked the same dates I checked before, and I am also seeing the TSUKINONE king bookable as an award. This was not bookable as an award previously; it was only the two twin version that was bookable, and then only the SUIGETSU.

I suspect eventually they will sort things out. I have talked with the property and they're still having issues ever since transitioning from the SPG system. As far as "standard rooms" go though, it's the SUIGETSU.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Feb 12, 2019 at 3:16 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
TSUKINONE and SUIGETSU room sizes seem the same (39-40m2). Besides the former having balconies, what's the difference between the two?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by musicscrip

Do you know what will platinum get staying at this hotel using rewards? We booked RItz Kyoto for 7 nights for end of March and now planning for Dec and thinking of a change! We have toddlers if that makes a difference since Ritz Kyoto is super kids friendly.
Were you able to book a room with toddlers? I am trying onlineand cannot get it let me do anything other than 2 adults.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:25 pm

]
Originally Posted by KingBraden
Were you able to book a room with toddlers? I am trying onlineand cannot get it let me do anything other than 2 adults.
No! I booked Ritz Kyoto 7 nights for March 21-28 this year and Jan 7-14 2020 for 2 adults and 2 toddlers ( 2 and 4) instead.. I feel there is a lot more to do for kits at Ritz Kyoto with the program.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by musicscrip
]

No! I booked Ritz Kyoto 7 nights for March 21-28 this year and Jan 7-14 2020 for 2 adults and 2 toddlers ( 2 and 4) instead.. I feel there is a lot more to do for kits at Ritz Kyoto with the program.
I am also unable to book that as 2 adults + 2 kids in one room. I actually only see ~5 Marriotts in all of Japan that let me do that.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by KingBraden
I am also unable to book that as 2 adults + 2 kids in one room. I actually only see ~5 Marriotts in all of Japan that let me do that.
I booked online for 2 adults and emailed the hotel to let them know that I’m bringing my toddler. The hotel didn’t seem to have problem with it but told me that if I request an extra bed for him then there will be an extra. It seems that there’s no extra charge if the toddler(s) share the bed(s) with the parents.

Here is is the exact response from the hotel:
”We have well noted that you are staying with 3 years old boy. If you need the extra bed for him, we are happy to arrange it with 8694 JPY per night.”

Last edited by XFer2; Feb 18, 2019 at 4:21 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by XFer2

I booked online for 2 adults and emailed the hotel to let them know that I’m brining my toddler. The hotel didn’t seem to have problem with it but told me that if I request an extra bed for him then there will be an extra. It seems that there’s no extra charge if the toddler(s) share the bed(s) with the parents.

Here is is the exact response from the hotel:
”We have well noted that you are staying with 3 years old boy. If you need the extra bed for him, we are happy to arrange it with 8694 JPY per night.”

You'll probably be on the hook for the extra person resort fee (150JPY/person/night) and taxes&fees (1000JPY/person/night) regardless of the extra bed
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
You'll probably be on the hook for the extra person resort fee (150JPY/person/night) and taxes&fees (1000JPY/person/night) regardless of the extra bed
Extra 1150JPY for the night is bad at all; definitely much better than the extra bed fee. I expect that being Platinum the free breakfast alone is worth more than the small fee.

I’ll be going there in 2 weeks and I can report back what are the actual charges later.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:42 am

Can someone please PM me the concierge's email address? Don't know why Marriott has to hide this from guests.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Can someone also PM me the e-mail contact for Suiran? It’s a bit difficult to communicate over the phone with them in English.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.