Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from May 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...g-service-2621
Print Wikipost

Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Can someone also PM me the e-mail contact for Suiran? It’s a bit difficult to communicate over the phone with them in English.

Thanks!
You can contact the hotel at [email protected].
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by bhrubin

All Luxury Collection properties offer a free breakfast benefit to Plats. It was a full breakfast benefit for us this past May 2018 at Suiran. (We also got the full breakfast benefit at the RC Kyoto.)
Hi bhrubin, can you please PM me the contact for GM of Riz Kyoto? I tried to send a PM to you but it was rejected. Thank you! Your glowing review of Suiran makes me want to pick Suiran over Ritz but we do have a toddler in tow, which makes me think Ritz is a bit more suitable due to its kids activities.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by XFer2
You can contact the hotel at [email protected].
Thank you!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just finished up a two night stay here. Originally it was two separate one night award bookings with two twin beds, but the hotel was able to confirm a king bed tsukinone room for both nights. However, I also mentioned that we would be fine going back to two beds if that was what allowed for an upgrade.

The hotel was very high occupancy on one of the two nights, but they still managed to upgrade us to a two twin bed deluxe room with onsen. At check in they mentioned if we were okay to move, they could upgrade us further on the second night to give us the king bed, so while we were out in Kyoto they moved our bags into the shirosumire room which although not a suite, was a fantastic room with a massive bathing area and a dedicated area for the onsen.

Included breakfast was as good as ever. All around a great hotel that treats elites well.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:52 pm

Just came back from Japan. Arashiyama is such an idyllic location and Suiran fits very well in that setting. Well worth staying at least a couple of days. I wish I could have stayed longer. Hopefully next time.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:03 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Just finished up a two night stay here. Originally it was two separate one night award bookings with two twin beds, but the hotel was able to confirm a king bed tsukinone room for both nights. However, I also mentioned that we would be fine going back to two beds if that was what allowed for an upgrade.

The hotel was very high occupancy on one of the two nights, but they still managed to upgrade us to a two twin bed deluxe room with onsen. At check in they mentioned if we were okay to move, they could upgrade us further on the second night to give us the king bed, so while we were out in Kyoto they moved our bags into the shirosumire room which although not a suite, was a fantastic room with a massive bathing area and a dedicated area for the onsen.

Included breakfast was as good as ever. All around a great hotel that treats elites well.
Would love to see any photos of the Shirosumire room with king bed! That’s the nicest and largest room aside from the 4 suites, so we’ve wondered how much we’d like it for a possible future stay during a higher occupancy period where we can’t assume the suites will be available.

So so glad you enjoyed Suiran, too!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Just received an email from Suiran. Now, they offer a ONE-WAY complimentary transfer (emphasis mine).
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:16 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by 1k650
Just received an email from Suiran. Now, they offer a ONE-WAY complimentary transfer (emphasis mine).
They have for years offered a one way complimentary transfer. Nothing has changed. No emphasis needed.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Only seeing the deluxe room in the SNA pool here. Has it always been this way?
Old May 8, 2019, 10:03 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Only seeing the deluxe room in the SNA pool here. Has it always been this way?
I don’t think Suiran accepted SNAs when we stayed last year—since it’s so small.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:19 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I don’t think Suiran accepted SNAs when we stayed last year—since it’s so small.
As of today, they are noted as participating; however, only the suite/premium room types available for the selected travel dates are going to show up as a choice.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
As of today, they are noted as participating; however, only the suite/premium room types available for the selected travel dates are going to show up as a choice.
I actually made a dummy booking on a date where every room type is available before I posted. Only the deluxe room is available for SNA. None of the 4 suites or the two specialty rooms show up.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:54 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy

I actually made a dummy booking on a date where every room type is available before I posted. Only the deluxe room is available for SNA. None of the 4 suites or the two specialty rooms show up.
We would be glad to forward that to our SNA team for review if you want to send us the details.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:44 am

Just got word back from @Marriott Bonvoy Lurker after they investigated. Only the deluxe room is available for SNAs. Not really worth it to gamble with SNAs when you can just confirm into that room for 10K yen more than the rate for the superior room.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Just got word back from @Marriott Bonvoy Lurker after they investigated. Only the deluxe room is available for SNAs. Not really worth it to gamble with SNAs when you can just confirm into that room for 10K yen more than the rate for the superior room.
True. When I stayed recently, Deluxe was the only room for a SNA. However, they work very well with Elites on property, if not shortly before the stay via email.

The only thing the deluxe rooms have is the onsen. The superior rooms (base level) don't, I believe.

FYI, you have to request if you want Housekeeping to change the water daily in your onsen - otherwise, I believe its every 3 days. Depending on when you go and how many bugs are around etc, a daily swap may be worthwhile requesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.