Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Coronado Island Marriott Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club

I have looked but cannot find any recent comments on this property. If anybody can give some information such as benefits for plats etc I would be thankful.

FWIW, I did try and book into the Marina Marquis but it is sold out for my dates.

TIA
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:43 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
The http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-opinions.html thread does have one stay review from just a couple of months ago.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Before booking here, check the logistics (including traffic and frequency of the public transit by boat) and cost of getting between this property and downtown San Diego. Note also that this isn't the famous historic (and haunted) iconic Hotel Del Coronado; it seems to be on the other side of the same island. [Some friends of mine stayed here a couple years ago--I'm just trying to set expectations.]
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:28 am

It's very easy via bus from downtown/GasLamp. And, yes, the Del and the beach are on the opposite side of island, but it's maybe a 20 minute walk, not a big deal.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by hhoope01
The http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-opinions.html thread does have one stay review from just a couple of months ago.
Ah, I did read that but thought it was a much older report and don't know why I didn't add to that thread. . Could a kindly mod add this to that thread please?

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Before booking here, check the logistics (including traffic and frequency of the public transit by boat) and cost of getting between this property and downtown San Diego. Note also that this isn't the famous historic (and haunted) iconic Hotel Del Coronado; it seems to be on the other side of the same island. [Some friends of mine stayed here a couple years ago--I'm just trying to set expectations.]
Originally Posted by joetro
It's very easy via bus from downtown/GasLamp. And, yes, the Del and the beach are on the opposite side of island, but it's maybe a 20 minute walk, not a big deal.
Thanks both. I had already realised the location and it won't be a problem as I will be doing a lot of sight seeing around the area.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
http://www.coronadonewsca.com/news/c...a9c34de94.html

Excerpt:

"Marriott Coronado Island Resort & Spa, announces the launch of The Spa at Coronado Island and Wellness Center, a brand new 5,500 square foot luxury facility. The seaside California property invites San Diegans to experience the art of living well, and welcome the new facility with a limited edition Spa-Tini, “The Spa Cooler.”

Beginning in May, Marriott Coronado Island Resort & Spa introduces its new facilities with a special “splash of luxury,” and invites San Diego and Coronado residents to be among the first to experience The Spa at Coronado Island and Wellness Center. Available until May 31, locals receive a complimentary Spa-Tini, with the purchase of any service. The refreshing cocktail, the Spa Cooler, features Coconut Water Rum shaken with fresh Coconut Water, Cucumber Juice, Orange Juice and Lime Juice, and serves as a month long toast to locals.

The Spa at Coronado Island’s holistic approach to wellness focuses just as much on healing therapy as indulgent services, and includes 3,500 square feet of indoor space and 2,000 square feet of outdoor space, featuring 10 treatment rooms, co-ed relaxation room, outdoor spa garden, men’s and women’s locker rooms with steam rooms, as well as a manicure and pedicure salon. Inspired by its seaside location, the new design captures true tranquility, comfort and relaxation through coastal hues, chic new spaces, luxurious rooms and conscious cuisine.

In addition to the new Spa at Coronado Island and Wellness Center, the Southern California resort opens a new 6,000 square-foot two-story Fitness Center featuring a smart array of state-of-the-art equipment, direct access to fresh air programming, fitness classes and special events for members and Groups, movement studio, lap pool, and a total of nine attached sport courts - three tennis courts, one basketball court, one multipurpose court, and four pickleball courts."
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Stayed here for 3 nights this week.

Nice property, although I would argue it's worthy of resort status (or the extra fee!). Recently renovated. I was upgraded to a pool/bay view on the 3rd (top) floor. Rooms recently remodeled and well done. Large balcony to enjoy the view. My only negative comment was I was not impressed with the food when I ate there...get out and go eat elsewhere if possible.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Is this hotel offering free breakfast to Golds?

How about late checkouts for Golds/Plats, anyone got them and for how long?

I am asking because resorts are typically exempted from both of these benefits, right?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 11:24 am

Free brekkie & late check out are exempted due to resort status, but you probably have a better chance w/ possible late check out as that's based upon availability.

Cheers.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:57 pm

I have stayed here a couple of times in the past year. Breakfast is not free. I have been upgraded every time.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Had a really good (very short) stay here a few weeks ago. I was upgraded from a standard room (booked with points) to an Executive Suite overlooking the water. Whilst it is an older property, the renovation has been done really well and staff were excellent. As access to the room was delayed, I was promised a waiver of the resort fee which didn't happen, but I can hardly complain given what a great room I had.
I had a snack/drink at the bar and also breakfast (obviously not included) - both were good. It is only 10 minutes walk to the ferry landing giving access to a number of restaurants (Il Fornaio had a very good value lunch menu) plus, of course, all the restaurants downtown if you are prepared to take the ferry. I transferred to the Westin Gaslamp afterwards which seemed such a downgrade after this hotel.
I also discovered it is possible to drop a Hertz rental vehicle there (park in self parking and then give keys to reception). Let Hertz at the Hotel Del Coronado know and they will organise collection and final bill.
Will definitely use on future San Diego visits.

Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:57 am

Thanks for the update w/ pics. Much appreciated. And the tip about Hertz.

Cheers.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does this property have a lounge or is breakfast comped in main restaurant for Elites?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by navatwal
Does this property have a lounge or is breakfast comped in main restaurant for Elites?
Neither and nothing. If you want elite benefits, this is not the property you want.

David

p.s. And you end up paying for expensive (mostly) underground parking.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Neither and nothing. If you want elite benefits, this is not the property you want.

David

p.s. And you end up paying for expensive (mostly) underground parking.
i would hope the new platinum amenity breakfast is available now that it’s is available at resorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.