Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 7:50 am

Gave this place a shot last week for the price point - YIKES!!!! You get what you pay for. This place is truly poorly managed to say the least. There were moments where I felt like I chose a hostel or something. Numerous service failures........here goes:

- Flight was delayed and was going to be arriving very late.........so just in case used the chat feature on the APP. No response!
- Arrived to find front doors locked and a swarm of fruit flies walking in!
- Was given my room key with no recognition - when she was done I asked if there were any upgrades available and if I could please be advised of my breakfast options as a PLAT member.
- No upgrades ( no biggie anyway ) and then she gave me ONE $10.00 coupon for the breakfast! I said I was here for 3 days and she responded and said it doesn't matter how long you are here for, you only get breakfast for one day??? OK so now this is isn't even funny. I explained to her the benefits of PLAT / Titanium members and understood that it should be breakfast in the restaurant daily for every day. I explained to her the T&C's. She says, well it sounds like you know what you are talking about so I will give you another 2 $10.00 Coupons. Wow.....Thanks!
- Get to the room and just simply feels dirty. Not comfortable at all. Dirty carpet ; Sticky used slurpee lid stuck between the nightstand the bed; Only two lights on each side of the bed so the room felt like a dungeon (just the way the cockroaches like it!); AC was like a freight train running - not a chance of listening to the TV while it was on which was constant; Only blinds on the window so it was either open for everyone to see in or had to be closed up tight!!
- Took my coupon for breakfast and only one thing on the menu for $10.00 which was continental. I received a miniature bowl of diced up fruit (looked like out of a can) and a dry bagel! Thanks Marriott, nice recognition for spending 50+ nights to attain PLAT status.
- Went to the pool to relax and take a breather before my first golf game. No towels. Go back to the reception and she says someone will bring some up. Laid there for an hour or so and NO TOWELS so I left. Also floating in the pool was a silver metal light frame from the pool itself. Was there for two days! LOL.
- Visited the gym - for this place I guess the gym was o.k. No mats to use so I just laid on the floor to do some push ups ; sits ups and stretching.
- Came back in that night and there was a gentleman at the front desk and I asked about the breakfast. He was a nice guy and ended up giving me 2 new coupons but for $12.00? LOL.
- Next morning I visit the desk and chat with the lady. She says Plats only get continental breakfast........she then pulls out cards that say specifically PLAT & TITANIUM on them for continental breakfast. She said these were sent to them from Marriott Corporate. To be honest at this point I don't know myself what I am entitled to?? Maybe I am wrong. Anyway I mention to her no big deal but it was my understanding that we should be allowed breakfast in the restaurant. She walked to the back and said she will get the Manager to discuss. She comes back and says the Manager does not want to speak about it right now but they are going to call Marriott Corporate to get a better understanding. The Manager will be in contact with you. I never heard a thing or brought it up again.
- Restaurant is poor. I will leave it at that........plus the swarm of fruit flies work there way into the restaurant as it is right by the doors. It probably has something to do with the overflowing garbage bins right at the front doors that were not emptied the entire time of my stay?
- I am an early riser. Walked outside in the morning with my coffee and a cigarette..........the homeless people are like vultures in the area since they set up there Shanty's in the water shed area right beside the hotel. They seen me with a cigarette and whoa!!

This is too bad because I really wanted this place to be at least o.k. It would work for me as it has parking and such. I spent the next 3 days at the Westin where the price points are becoming more & more for my leisure travel......the $32.00 amenity fee and now the $17.00 a day parking really starts to add up. This Four Points though is severely lacking in cleanliness and any type of service standards! It seems like they are truly "winging" it with no managerial oversight.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Gave this place a shot last week for the price point - YIKES!!!! You get what you pay for. This place is truly poorly managed to say the least. There were moments where I felt like I chose a hostel or something. Numerous service failures........here goes:
In all fairness, I warned everyone above.

Trump would describe this place with a word that is not permitted here that would leave some claiming it was racial comment.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
This former Marriott Bonvy property has been rebranded.

Doubletree Las Vegas East Flamingo
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer

Another voyage of the damned.

David
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer

William is about to get busier.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Tanic
William is about to get busier.
Ooof. Wonder if he remembers having to deal with SPGers over this property in its earlier incarnations?

And probably Christina is happier not having to now do the same when it was SPG and then Bonvoy.

David
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
I did a mattress run here during the pandemic, and while the immediate area was terrible and the hotel had no character, it was a nice cheap option near the Strip.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DallasEsq (Post # 82)
I did a mattress run here during the pandemic, and while the immediate area was terrible and the hotel had no character, it was a nice cheap option near the Strip.
I, too, did a one-night mattress run at the Four Points during the pandemic. It was in mid-December 2020 for $76.80, and helped me retain Marriott Bonvy Titanium Elite status.

Time to find new alternatives.
DallasEsq likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.